The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2017, 05:57:34 PM
Quote from: dec on May 22, 2017, 05:39:45 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2017, 05:21:10 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 22, 2017, 05:12:50 PM
Big summer of business on the transfer front is needed.

The likes of Moreno, Sakho, Stewart, Flanno, Wisdom and a few other young un's will be out the door, quite possibly with Sturridge and Lucas also. With a threadbare squad already, you'd be expecting a minimum of 6 players to come in...a LB, CB, DMC, pacy winger and CF. Names doing the rounds are Sessegnon, Robertson, VVD, Keita, Brandt, Salah, Werner...some good players there but there was a similar list drawn up this time last year with the likes of Gotze, Zielinski, Chilwell etc and we didn't sign any of them...the transfers of Mane, Gini etc all came out of the blue.

Hopefully Klopp gets the business done early so the squad can hit the ground running for preseason.
Whose VVD?
I think all targets have been identified and possibly contact made. Having Champions League football (hopefully) will have to make a massive difference to what players will want to sign.
Whoever he signs if they have the same impact as Mane and Gini then I will be happy.
I've every faith in him,his record of buying unkowns at Dortmund and turning them into household named across Europe bodes well. He's already done that with Mane.
I'm unsure about Sturridge. If someone offers 25-30million if say sell him.
They have to keeps the likes of Coutinho though.

VvD is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgil_van_Dijk

He plays for Southampton so we will probably sign him.
Bit of a brain fart on my part there.

Maybe my middle V should've been lower case!

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 22, 2017, 05:14:44 PM
I know this is mental, but I'd keep Sturridge. He seems fit and hungry again, and there's no England tournament this summer. He does provide something different, especially in that diamond formation.

I think i would as well unless we got offered stupid money for him like $30mil plus. Once bitten and twice shy and all that shite, but when he's on his game he's up there with the best in the prem. If he is fit for 10-20 games so bit it.

Think I read somewhere that he has been available for more games than Hendo over the last 2 seasons and there are no calls for him to be sold.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on May 22, 2017, 06:09:16 PM
I know this is mental, but I'd keep Sturridge. He seems fit and hungry again, and there's no England tournament this summer. He does provide something different, especially in that diamond formation.

I think i would as well unless we got offered stupid money for him like $30mil plus. Once bitten and twice shy and all that shite, but when he's on his game he's up there with the best in the prem. If he is fit for 10-20 games so bit it.

Think I read somewhere that he has been available for more games than Hendo over the last 2 seasons and there are no calls for him to be sold.
To be fair I'd say Hendo would play with a broken leg if he was let. Sturridge would call off sick if he broke a fingernail.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on May 22, 2017, 05:18:55 PM

The likes of Moreno, Sakho, Stewart, Flanno, Wisdom and a few other young un's will be out the door, quite possibly with Sturridge and Lucas also. With a threadbare squad already, you'd be expecting a minimum of 6 players to come in...a LB, CB, DMC, pacy winger and CF. Names doing the rounds are Sessegnon, Robertson, VVD, Keita, Brandt, Salah, Werner...some good players there but there was a similar list drawn up this time last year with the likes of Gotze, Zielinski, Chilwell etc and we didn't sign any of them...the transfers of Mane, Gini etc all came out of the blue.

Hopefully Klopp gets the business done early so the squad can hit the ground running for preseason.

The perpetual loanees, Sahko, Moreno, Stewart and Lucas will be out the door for sure.

I'd expect Sturridge too, unless he can somehow prove the issues of the past three years are over.

Sessegnon has literally just turned 17. May be very promising prospect, but surely they'll need a more senior left back also?

What about all these kids? Will Woodburn and Alexander-Arnold and the likes be expected to make a breakthrough? Any others? Ojo had a lot of injury issues - is it too late for him?

I think Milner has does well at LB and see no major reason to go and spunk 30 odd mil on a new one, if we bring in that young lad as a deputy I'd be happy enough.

TTA will definitely get game time next season, natural successor to Clyne. Woodburn I like, he might get a loan out depending on who comes in but it needs to be to the right club...too many times recently we've loaned players out and they barely get a kick

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2017, 06:12:34 PM

To be fair I'd say Hendo would play with a broken leg if he was let. Sturridge would call off sick if he broke a fingernail.

True

Tony Baloney

Sturridge doesn't want to be a squad player or an impact sub so I'd question the overall benefit in keeping him. If he remained fit (big if) then he's definitely worth starting as knows where the net is. If there is no place for him in the XI then take the money.

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on May 22, 2017, 06:13:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 22, 2017, 05:18:55 PM

The perpetual loanees, Sahko, Moreno, Stewart and Lucas will be out the door for sure.

I'd expect Sturridge too, unless he can somehow prove the issues of the past three years are over.

Sessegnon has literally just turned 17. May be very promising prospect, but surely they'll need a more senior left back also?

What about all these kids? Will Woodburn and Alexander-Arnold and the likes be expected to make a breakthrough? Any others? Ojo had a lot of injury issues - is it too late for him?

I think Milner has does well at LB and see no major reason to go and spunk 30 odd mil on a new one, if we bring in that young lad as a deputy I'd be happy enough.

TTA will definitely get game time next season, natural successor to Clyne. Woodburn I like, he might get a loan out depending on who comes in but it needs to be to the right club...too many times recently we've loaned players out and they barely get a kick

Milner is solid and has done well at the position, but they need more than that. They need someone who can beat the full back on the outside and whip it across with his left, instead of always having to turn back inside. This was particularly an issue against the pack-the-box teams, who were happy to let Liverpool have the ball and slowly pass it across the arc around the area.

Ironically, Moreno offered a decent enough threat in that respect, but he's such a clueless airhead when it comes to positioning, decision-making and playing as part of a back four, that he's far too much of a defensive liability to play at this level.

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2017, 06:33:04 PM
Quote from: dec on May 22, 2017, 05:45:58 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39993984

They could do rightly in the CL
Would kind of make you think what might have been if they could have managed a few wins against the bottom half teams they lost to.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Stallion on May 22, 2017, 04:18:15 PM
I have a 5 yr old niece who could probably do as well as Klopp. I'm not sure if she has her coaching badges though.

So who is your choice to replace Klopp?

The Stallion

I have been calling for Henderson to be sold for years. He's absolutely shite.

The Stallion

Quote from: TabClear on May 22, 2017, 05:18:16 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 22, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
Low and behold, a 'new' poster emerges to engage with the resident bin lid. Whoever runs this place, you're better than this surely

And yes, the Shetland did mock and belittle the Hillsborough tragedy as a couple of others (tabclear and Milltown I think it was) mentioned. The post has been deleted, and the calls by him for people of prove it, absolutely pathetic. As I said a couple of days ago, a train wreck of a thread

Don't think the posts were deleted.

Even another one of my critics thinks you're talking shite JoG2 lol.

TabClear

Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2017, 06:40:31 PM

Would kind of make you think what might have been if they could have managed a few wins against the bottom half teams they lost to.

Problem is the old park the bus chestnut.  Liverpool system and players are so much better suited to teams who push forward and then when Liverpool force a turnover  they break at speed. Inevitably this is the better teams.  And Mourinho's United

thebar

Quote from: The Stallion on May 22, 2017, 08:13:37 PM

I have been calling for Henderson to be sold for years. He's absolutely shite.

keep calling...call louder....can no one hear you!? lol

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TabClear on May 22, 2017, 08:22:04 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2017, 06:40:31 PM

Problem is the old park the bus chestnut.  Liverpool system and players are so much better suited to teams who push forward and then when Liverpool force a turnover  they break at speed. Inevitably this is the better teams.  And Mourinho's United

If Mane had been available there would have been more points against the park the bus teams. His pace was the key to beating them. Another player of his calibre for the left is needed.