The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minus15 on February 16, 2017, 11:27:24 PM
Some quotes from Klopp today suggesting that he wished Liverpool had have been out of the EFL cup earlier.

If European football is secured next season I expect the domestic cups won't be taken too seriously.

So same as this year??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Lads, I was at Anfield when Hull came and put 10 men behind the ball in 2 backs of 5 and 4, with just one poor f**ker up front to try and run around and disturb the Liverpool defenders. Liverpool beat them 5-1 and it could have been 9. I don't buy the fact that they 'can't break down 2 banks of 4'.

The marked difference between the Hull in September game, and the Hull in January, was not Hull, it was the pace and precision which Liverpool played with. There was no movement, no zipped passes, no clever flicks, no runs in behind. All of that was there in abundance in September, and all of that is completely in the area of things LFC can control. When your good creative players are off form (Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana) and you don't have anyone on the bench to provide a spark, then you are going to struggle to break down organised teams.

However, when you are on form, and especially with this play, Liverpool will always get chances and score goals. So I don't buy that they can't break down banks of 4, I just think they have to be in form to do it. That's where plan B comes in, and when Sturridge, Origi and Ings are injured or off form (and Ojo is in the wilderness for some reason) then plan B is a bust as well. Oh for Andy Carroll or Steven Caulker!

Minus15

The headline has absolutely nothing to do with what he said.

brokencrossbar1

Ewan McKenna is a gimp... maybe that's who you are Stallion?

StGallsGAA

The Stallion

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 18, 2017, 10:38:31 AM
Ewan McKenna is a gimp... maybe that's who you are Stallion?

Rude and wrong. Improve.

brokencrossbar1

The Stallion

Clearly not.

I see Klopp is rumoured to be getting to buy Gotze. Hopefully there is no truth in the rumours, although it would be consistent with his penchant for wasting money at Liverpool

Gabriel_Hurl

New Lallana contract imminent - 4 years.

And looks like they will be leaving Melwood to an expanded £50million training complex where the Academy is based in Kirkby

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-kirkby-melwood-merge-klopp-12635966

The Stallion

Would be stupid to give Lallana a 4 year contract. He's a decent player, but at 28 is past his peak and shouldn't be given an improved contract.

But Klopp loves wasting money like this. He gave Mignolet a lucrative new contract instead of shipping him out.

Minus15

I agree a 4 year contract wouldn't have been a great idea at his age but they have gone fot 3 years with the option of a further year which makes more sense.

Would you prefer that Lallana didn't get a new contract and they shipped him out for a fraction of what he is worth Stallion?

J70

He's only 28 FFS. And its not like his game is based on blinding speed or physique.

Boycey

Jesus boys you just can't help yourselves  ;D

The Stallion

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2017, 07:45:00 PM
He's only 28 FFS. And its not like his game is based on blinding speed or physique.

Lallana isn't going to get any better yet he's being given a highly lucrative new contract which is stupid. If the choice is between selling him in the Summer or giving him a 3 or 4 yr contract he should be sold.

Again this is not rocket science, merely common sense. Klopp makes a habit of poor decisions like this unfortunately.