The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Great performance and result, but the key is going to be producing it against teams who sit back in their box. Need to get over one of those.

GJL

Quote from: laoislad on February 11, 2017, 07:40:48 PM
Quote from: GJL on February 04, 2017, 05:23:26 PM
Never worry lads. Mane will sort it when he arrives back....
;D ;D ;D ;D
He did pretty OK tonight!

He did in fairness. Credit where it is due. Pity he was not back in time for the Hull game.

Minus15

Last night was what we were looking for. The confidence and risk was back in the play and key players looked to find a bit of form together.

Team selection was best of what was available. Hopefully that the midfield 3 will stay like that from now on.

Still plenty of improvements needed in the summer but that 11 has shown what they can do and they can have no.excuses not to be ready for each and every game over the rest of the season.

The Stallion

Mané had a good name. Klopp showing again that he is little more than a German Martin O'Neill, wasting millions in the transfer market, overseeing generally awful performances only to get the odd performance out of them against a big team.

It's amazing how quickly some of my fellow Liverpool supporters forget the dross Klopp has served up after one result.

Had a good chuckle at this:

"That performance from Henderson is why he is a great player and fully deserves his place in liverpools midfield"

Henderson is awful.

Armamike

Great performance and result.  Bit surprised at the huge improvement - had half expected Liverpool to splutter along for another few games.  Liverpool are a different team with Mane. Not ideal, but he's a one off. With him missing there is no one else to come in and get in behind defences with his kind of pace.  Bit surprised how high a line Spurs played though. Played right into Liverpool's hands.This result counts for little if they come up short in the Leicester game.  The only plus to come out of the nadir of January is that it's crystal clear what needs to be done in the summer.
That's just, like your opinion man.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Stallion on February 12, 2017, 04:09:18 PM
Mané had a good name. Klopp showing again that he is little more than a German Martin O'Neill, wasting millions in the transfer market, overseeing generally awful performances only to get the odd performance out of them against a big team.

It's amazing how quickly some of my fellow Liverpool supporters forget the dross Klopp has served up after one result.

"That performance from Henderson is why he is a great player and fully deserves his place in liverpools midfield"

Henderson is awful.

;D ;D ;D

The biggest criticism thrown at Klopp is that he has failed to spend any money in the transfer market.
His two big buys, Mane & Winjaldum were both outstanding against spurs.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Stallion

He spent over 60 million last Summer and failed to strengthen the keeper, left back or central midfield positions which are key weaknesses.

Mané looks a good enough buy, if a bit overpriced. Wijnaldum wasn't needed. the keeper is a joke. So 60 million to get one good player in a position which should have been lower priority than the three mentioned above.

J70

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 12, 2017, 04:20:18 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on February 12, 2017, 04:09:18 PM

Henderson is awful.

;D ;D ;D

The biggest criticism thrown at Klopp is that he has failed to spend any money in the transfer market.
His two big buys, Mane & Winjaldum were both outstanding against spurs.

Could you not leave well enough alone??

blewuporstuffed

I just thought the standard of his wumming had dropped, so he needed picked up on it.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Minus15

What a load of nonsense from The Stallion.

declan85

Quote from: Minus15 on February 12, 2017, 05:19:05 PM

To be fair he's consistent..

Minder

Quote from: declan85 on February 12, 2017, 05:24:10 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on February 12, 2017, 05:19:05 PM

To be fair he's consistent..

It's the same post over and over again. I think he may be a bot
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minus15

He is more consistent than Liverpool anyway declan85. Sure what would you expect with Henderson in holding midfield and Milner at left back.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minus15 on February 12, 2017, 05:39:06 PM
He is more consistent than Liverpool anyway declan85. Sure what would you expect with Henderson in holding midfield and Milner at left back.

And Caulker up front.

Minus15

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 12, 2017, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on February 12, 2017, 05:39:06 PM

And Caulker up front.

Why was Caulker released anyway. He was doing so well up front and single handedly turned 1 point into 4 with his impact against Norwich and Arsenal last season.

For Klopp to ignore his significance is just sheer incompetence and I cannot believe my fellow Liverpool supporters do not call it for what it is. Klopp is a terrible, clueless manager.