Quote from: From the Bunker on May 18, 2016, 11:23:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2016, 11:10:07 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 18, 2016, 10:53:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2016, 10:36:05 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 18, 2016, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2016, 10:16:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 18, 2016, 10:15:42 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 18, 2016, 09:55:01 PM
In all seriousness, wouldn't lose too much sleep if I was a pool fan. Tommy Murphy cup final basically. The lad crying on TV, sake.

A final is a final is a final. This was a trophy to be won with a decent added bonus of Champions League Football. I hate this its grand to finish in the Top four every year! Boring! Any fan wants to see his team walk up the steps and pick up a piece of Silverware. I mean who wants a Wenger template where you drift from season to season finishing in the top 4 with no title and losing in the quarter finals of the Champions league.

They not win FA cup recently??

Yes, but do you not get the gist of what I'm saying?

Totally but to put their recent record and put liverpools together I know which one you'd rather have

2 FA Cups in 10 years against 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup in 10 years! You win!

They've won the Epl a few times to... But whatever mate.... You believe what you want about Wenger... He's won a trophy that Liverpool haven't in over  1/4 century... Let that sink in

What ever you like to call recent - it's more than 10 years since they won the EPL. They have hit a certain level over the last decade. How Many European Trophies has Wenger won? Let that sink in!
Ok... You'd rather win the CL over league??

Of course! But Liverpool are not within an arses roar of it! Arsenal are there are there abouts in both competitions, but no more! They don't seem interested in winning competitions.

This is not a Liverpool is better than Arsenal argument! It's a look at Clubs of a certain stature wanting to win competitions (Silverware) rather than just being happy to be in the mix!

First off you need to be in the competition to win it.... By being in it consistently you will get experience from it to improve year on year.... Wining the league I would have thought was Liverpool's main drive .... Surprised it isn't considering the length of time its been since last, there is no doubt that Arsenal have underachieved in past 10 years but feck at least they put in a challenge every year.... Rogers came 5th 2nd and 7th... Liverpool should have at the very least finished 6th this year..... I cant see them attracting big names not exactly sure where the money is coming from, not always great either buy players on back of Euro finals either....

All said and done Liverpool will do well next year, no distractions to worry about.... Good bet for league
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RealSpiritof98

Alberto Moreno being absolutely hammered from all corners, what happened this You'll never walk alone craic?

under the bar

StGallsGAA

Not a word from Laoislad re the Liverpool fans who tried to instigate another Heysel-type riot tonight yet when some ManU fans make a few chants his fingers can't type fast enough to get the condemnation post up.   Maybe he didn't watch the news??

Gabriel_Hurl

LL has really rustled you United lads jimmies  ;D

Capt Pat

Back to the match. Liverpool should have had a couple of penalties(3 of them) in the first half. And Lovrens header was perfectly good on its own if Sturridge had not been standing in an offside position. On to the second half if we could just have held them scoreless for a little bit longer than 17 seconds, it is a completely different ball game. Seville got a big confidence boost from that opening goal. Moreno just let the player slip the ball through his legs which is just not good enough. From there the game was lost, we didn't perform in the second half.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

lenny

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 19, 2016, 01:20:30 AM
Back to the match. Liverpool should have had a couple of penalties(3 of them) in the first half. And Lovrens header was perfectly good on its own if Sturridge had not been standing in an offside position. On to the second half if we could just have held them scoreless for a little bit longer than 17 seconds, it is a completely different ball game. Seville got a big confidence boost from that opening goal. Moreno just let the player slip the ball through his legs which is just not good enough. From there the game was lost, we didn't perform in the second half.

Moreno is getting slated for the defensive header which I think is unfair. He cleared his lines and got the ball away to the wing. The seville lad picked the ball up and had 2 Liverpool defenders in front of him. The real mistake was letting him get through to the byeline. Sevilla got their tactics sorted out at halftime and they showed their superiority in the second half.

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 19, 2016, 01:00:53 AM
LL has really rustled you United lads jimmies  ;D

You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

I'd usually see one or two of these posts but my screen is full of them since last night!!
Not your posts obviously Gab.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

Quote from: lenny on May 19, 2016, 06:56:39 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 19, 2016, 01:20:30 AM

Moreno is getting slated for the defensive header which I think is unfair. He cleared his lines and got the ball away to the wing. The seville lad picked the ball up and had 2 Liverpool defenders in front of him. The real mistake was letting him get through to the byeline. Sevilla got their tactics sorted out at halftime and they showed their superiority in the second half.

I agree on the header, unfair criticism.. Moreno clearly isn't good enough defensively though. Yet Klopp has persisted with him and gets no criticism for doing so.

Also Milner's horrendous performance has drew very little criticism. He's an absolute donkey.

Carmen Stateside

;D ;D
its clear Stal your knowledge of the great game is very limited, actually sorry your knowledge full stop seems limited.

Jurgen Norbert Klopp now can concentrate on forming his own team now after a poor finish to an interesting season for the reds. getting to two cup finals with the drose brodge left was an achievement on its own.  New keeper, CB and a couple of attacking wingers should see the redmen push Leicester for next years title.Leicester, City, Chelsea and The Arse will be the biggest challenge by looks of things as they all will have improved personnel and will have the top managers.

ashman

The Stallion

Quiet in here today. Perhaps some people are beginning to realise I have been right all along about Klopp.

AZOffaly

Gabriel_Hurl

Thon one is more like a hallion than a stallion