The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: laoislad on March 18, 2016, 03:41:32 PM

I read today that if Liverpool win the Europa and City win the Champions league,and both finish outside the Top 4,then the 4th place team in the league will go into the Europa League and not the Champions League... it's one to watch for sure.

Quite possibly the funniest post on gaaboard ever.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 19, 2016, 12:12:54 AM
stallions mask starting to slip 8)

Stallion?  more like a deranged Shetland pony who's stirring up barn dust trying to lick it's own clackers.. There's a serious want in him

muppet

MWWSI 2017

The Stallion

I'm a bit shocked by the numerous offensive responses to my honest opinion on football from other Liverpool supporters.

I was expecting some reasoned debate, but it seems juvenile abuse is all some people are willing to offer. Disappointing behaviour.

TabClear

stew

Quote from: TabClear on March 19, 2016, 11:10:46 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2016, 09:13:01 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 19, 2016, 12:12:54 AM
stallions mask starting to slip 8)

Stallion's having a bit of a 'mare.

Very blinkered view...

Shane must be in heat.......... If this another if his non De plumes that is.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Stallion

I'm all for a bit of horsing around but the mane point of this thread is to discuss Liverpool. Would have thought some of you would be champing at the bit to discuss the Anfield also-rans.

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on March 19, 2016, 10:14:01 AM
I'm a bit shocked by the numerous offensive responses to my honest opinion on football from other Liverpool supporters.

I was expecting some reasoned debate, but it seems juvenile abuse is all some people are willing to offer. Disappointing behaviour.

Your schtick consists of:

1. Klopp is incompetent, even though he's only been there 2/3/4/5 months.
2.Any bad result is used as proof of this.
3. Any good result is used as proof of this ("they only beat them by x goals" or "the opposition is shite and they should have won by more")
4. Steven Caulker, brought in on loan in an emergency to cover centre backs, was thrown up front a couple of times at the end of games (never mind that it did actually help!)
5. Simon Mignolet was given a new contract (puzzling, I'll grant you, but it doesn't mean he can't be sold or used as a number 2 if his performance doesn't improve)

Did I miss anything?

What is there to debate about?

Most sensible people, not out to wind up or looking for attention, are willing to give the man time to assess the players, get them trained on his style of play and, over the summer, replace and recruit. Most sensible people  recognize that no manager is a miracle worker and there will be setbacks along the way when a new man comes in. Most sensible people look at his cv and see a man with a proven track record. And most people recognize that, especially over the past month, that there HAS actually been a marked improvement in the team, especially since the return of Sturridge and Coutinho from injury, and the improvement in performance from Firmino, Lallana, Lovren and Sahko.

So work away. Seize upon each and every result as proof of your theory that he not up to scratch, no matter how twisted and tenuous the logic. I don't know why people don't just ignore you as your "opinions" on Klopp are actually boring, devoid of substance and not worthy of discussion, but I guess they get upset because you seem like you're just fishing for a reaction and attention. And that may well be the case. If it is, you need to come up with something better than "Klopp is a fool" though.

The Stallion

"Most sensible people  recognize that no manager is a miracle worker and there will be setbacks along the way when a new man comes in."

He's had five months.  Liverpool's performances have been awful throughout this time. You only have to look at Ranieiri to see that a good manager can have an immediate impact. The squad Klopp inherited was good enough to finish top four, yet Liverpool languish in 8th.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

Someone who doesn't think Mignolet deserved a new contract, or that Lucas is anything other than shite, maybe even someone who doesn't think signing a rubbish centre back to play as striker was a good idea.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Stallion

Aaron Boone

It has to be Wille Mullins as LFC manager for the Stallion.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 19, 2016, 02:54:53 PM
It has to be Wille Mullins as LFC manager for the Stallion.

Doesn't he mainly race Mares?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...