The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

So what should Klopp  do? 

The defense has been crap since he came   Has there been any improvement in any of the players?

Bring back Jaime Carragher maybe?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mikehunt

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 25, 2016, 04:50:15 PM

The defense has been crap since he came   Has there been any improvement in any of the players?

a competent goalie is a must. Bad goalies make defenders very very edgy.

heganboy

agree, Ter Stegen, even at 20M would be a great buy
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 25, 2016, 08:34:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2016, 07:37:01 AM
Quote from: moysider on January 24, 2016, 10:34:03 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 23, 2016, 03:42:22 PM
Some quotes from Klopp:
"We should not always concede from set plays. It easy to play against us. You don't need to create anything. It's really rubbish."

"you don't need to play football against us, just put the ball in the box and you'll score "

Absolutely true, got out of jail big time today and will paper over cracks for another bit

It's Klopp's job to sort the defending from corners and in general. Surely he's addressed this already?
Maybe the defenders he has inherited are just no good, but surely any bunch of pros at this level can be organised to defend better than this?

Its the same defenders that should have won the league a couple of years ago
Clyne & Moreno weren't at Liverpool at the time
Sakho only played 18 times & Kolo only 20 times. Both weren't first choice.
But anyway the 'defending' has been shite

Liverpools defending hasn't just been bad last week! with all their defenders they've been poor all season.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

supersub

Quote from: mikehunt on January 25, 2016, 04:45:29 PM
Quote from: supersub on January 25, 2016, 02:03:53 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 25, 2016, 08:34:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2016, 07:37:01 AM
Quote from: moysider on January 24, 2016, 10:34:03 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 23, 2016, 03:42:22 PM
Some quotes from Klopp:
"We should not always concede from set plays. It easy to play against us. You don't need to create anything. It's really rubbish."

"you don't need to play football against us, just put the ball in the box and you'll score "

Absolutely true, got out of jail big time today and will paper over cracks for another bit

It's Klopp's job to sort the defending from corners and in general. Surely he's addressed this already?
Maybe the defenders he has inherited are just no good, but surely any bunch of pros at this level can be organised to defend better than this?

Its the same defenders that should have won the league a couple of years ago
Clyne & Moreno weren't at Liverpool at the time
Sakho only played 18 times & Kolo only 20 times. Both weren't first choice.
But anyway the 'defending' has been shite

And in addition to this if they hadn't been so poor at defending in that same season they may have won the league!!

The run they went on towards the end of the season was incredible. They were a bit loose at the back but they always won the shootouts. The one goal that cost the league was Gerrard's slip. He did plenty for Liverpool to get to that position in the first place so wouldn't be blaming him, just one of those things. Didn't they scrape a load of 1-0's at the start of the season when Suarez was suspended.

Nope neither would I. However, if they hadn't thrown away a three goal lead in the last 15 mins v Palace they could still have won the league. Now if 3 goals in 15 mins isnt a sign of a dodgy defence, and not being good enough, I don't know what is. In addition to that, Liverpool scored freely in the shoot outs as you said, but the one time their strikers weren't firing they needed the defence to stand firm, ie v Chelsea, and they messed up.

cadhlancian

In all reality they needed to score a hatful against Palace, which is why they were pouring forward at the end of that game. That game didn't cost them the league... ::)

cavan4sam

In my opinion, and maybe I am wrong, the key thing to build a solid defence is consistency. I haven't looked at the stats but how many different back 4 combinations have Liverpool used this season? Having a back 4 that play together regularly is very important for me. You gain trust in your centre back partner and you can communicate with the full backs better if you play the same back 4 week in week out. With all the injuries Liverpool have had this season they have not been able to do that. Maybe some of the players are not good enough, who knows, but at the moment they are the only players available.

Also as some of the other posters have said you need to trust and have confidence in your goalkeeper. Everyone seems to lack confidence at the moment when a corner or free kick is conceded. I would pay whatever it take to bring Jack Butland to Liverpool this summer. At 22 he could be the keeper for easily the next 12 years.

Denn Forever

Quote from: mikehunt on January 25, 2016, 04:58:50 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on January 25, 2016, 04:50:15 PM

a competent goalie is a must. Bad goalies make defenders very very edgy.

Would also say that bad defenders do nothing for a goalie's confidence.  Which of the various back fours is a true defender? Sako? 

It was fortunate that Bruce Grobolaar had good defeders in front of him.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

deiseach

I'd fancy my chances in goal with top-of-their-game Jocky and Lawro in front of me. Heck, I'd fancy my chances in goal better with clapped-out-pundit Jocky and Lawro in front of me than the current mob.

gawa316

Mig, Flanno, Kolo, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Hendo, Milner, Lallana & Firmino

heganboy

626 days since Flanno started for Liverpool.
thanks optajoe.

Captain Obvious

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heganboy

Liverpool have conceded 8 goals from the last 9 shots on their goal

Milltown Row2

Pure drama..... Think Klopp wants these nail biting games so they can hug and grope each other ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea