The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on April 29, 2015, 10:50:14 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 29, 2015, 10:38:49 AM
Quote from: Bingo on April 29, 2015, 10:06:07 AM
Quote from: deiseach on April 29, 2015, 10:01:03 AM
I'd be raging if I were a Sunderland fan last night. All the wee favours they did for Liverpool last season and they were even willing to take Borini off our hands, and Liverpool run up the white flag against Hull to send them deeper into the mire.

On the plus side, Tim Sherwood/Villa aren't owed anything and it put them well in the mix for the drop.

That is the only blessing out of this.  I would like to see Villa go down and maybe we could pick up Beneteke on the cheap then!!  I have an completely irrational dislike of that **** Sherwood,  really don't like him.

We are getting bitter and petty but sure what else have we left!

Bitter and petty is our last vestige of hope!!!!  Junior A top 4 is the only one I will be hoping for now! :P

Bingo

MasterShake

I'd be raging if I were a Sunderland fan last night. All the wee favours they did for Liverpool last season and they were even willing to take Borini off our hands, and Liverpool run up the white flag against Hull to send them deeper into the mire.

Their favours last season were just payback for beachballgate ;)
"Calmer than you are".

deiseach

Quote from: MasterShake on April 29, 2015, 11:59:46 AM

Their favours last season were just payback for beachballgate ;)

Then why the feck are Liverpool doing more favours for Steve only-a-saddo-knows-the-rules Bruce? :-\

quit yo jibbajabba

Hows our Woman teams doin these days  :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Going for their 3rd Womens Premier League title in a row  :)

quit yo jibbajabba

There ye go! Alls rosy in the garden again  :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 29, 2015, 01:11:30 PM
There ye go! Alls rosy in the garden again  :D

I'd say there's more thorns than roses in most of those gardens! :P

StGallsGAA

When Rodgers arrived he was a cheap option manager expected, on a shoe-string budget, to restore pride to a once great club on its knees through years of mid-spending and recently rescued from the jaws of bankruptcy.  He exceeded all expecations.     When, through no fault of his own,  the Crown Jewels were sold to Barca he may have wasted the money on duff signings but so did Evans, Houllier, Benitez, Hodgson and Dalglish - hundreds of millions between them.  He's also come closer to winning the title than any of them from arguably a much worse starting position.   

Why are so many Liverpool fans calling for his sacking?

GJL

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 29, 2015, 10:17:00 PM
When Rodgers arrived he was a cheap option manager expected, on a shoe-string budget, to restore pride to a once great club on its knees through years of mid-spending and recently rescued from the jaws of bankruptcy.  He exceeded all expecations.     When, through no fault of his own,  the Crown Jewels were sold to Barca he may have wasted the money on duff signings but so did Evans, Houllier, Benitez, Hodgson and Dalglish - hundreds of millions between them.  He's also come closer to winning the title than any of them from arguably a much worse starting position.   

Because they have unrealistic expectations for the club. Liverpool are no longer in the top tier and the fans first reaction is to blame the manager when the reality is that no manager could bring Liverpool back into the top tier whilst under the current financial restrictions that exist at the club.

annapr

Haven't seen many fans on here calling for Rogers head in fairness.

annapr

Quote from: GJL on April 29, 2015, 10:36:11 PM

Because they have unrealistic expectations for the club. Liverpool are no longer in the top tier and the fans first reaction is to blame the manager when the reality is that no manager could bring Liverpool back into the top tier whilst under the current financial restrictions that exist at the club.
But Rogers did last season so your theory is a load of balls.

AZOffaly

Who is calling for his head? I haven't seen anyone I take seriously saying that. Facebook and Twitter nutters don't count. They were calling him a genius about 6 weeks ago.

Sidney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 29, 2015, 10:38:49 AM
Quote from: Bingo on April 29, 2015, 10:06:07 AM

On the plus side, Tim Sherwood/Villa aren't owed anything and it put them well in the mix for the drop.

That is the only blessing out of this.  I would like to see Villa go down and maybe we could pick up Beneteke on the cheap then!!  I have an completely irrational dislike of that **** Sherwood,  really don't like him.
I met Tiger Tim years ago and my brother met him a few weeks ago and we were both agreed that he's a genuinely top, top, bloke, innit. Asked me about Gaelic football when he heard I was from Dublin and started talking about the great Keith Barr.

He did an excellent steadying job with Tottenham and Villa will be just fine without any favours from Liverpool.

GJL

Quote from: annapr on April 29, 2015, 10:39:33 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 29, 2015, 10:36:11 PM

But Rogers did last season so your theory is a load of balls.

Last season was an exception and you should know that. Liverpool have been in or around 6th or 7th consistently now for the last few years. It is purely a financial thing. They cannot compete financially so in turn cannot compete on the pitch. No manager can change this unless he can pay the big wages and transfer fees.