The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on February 22, 2015, 09:24:20 PM
Liverpool will choke again when the chips are down,just like they did last season.Wouldnt be surprised if Besiktas dumped them out of Europa League this week too.

In fairness Spurs have a phenomenal record of fecking up finishing 4th and normally from great positions.  If Besiktas dump Liverpool out of Europe then that is bad news for Spurs/Man u. As a Spurs/Man U fan one would be wishing for Liverpool to go a couple more rounds of the competition and add to burn out!

deiseach

Liverpool's choke is better than anything Spuds have managed in the League since 1963. I'm sure they'll win the FA Cup in 2021 though because they always win it in a year ending in 1. Except when they don't.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on February 22, 2015, 10:58:28 PM
Liverpool's choke is better than anything Spuds have managed in the League since 1963. I'm sure they'll win the FA Cup in 2021 though because they always win it in a year ending in 1. Except when they don't.

Spurs only win in years beginning with 1.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 22, 2015, 10:26:19 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 22, 2015, 09:24:20 PM
Liverpool will choke again when the chips are down,just like they did last season.Wouldnt be surprised if Besiktas dumped them out of Europa League this week too.

In fairness Spurs have a phenomenal record of fecking up finishing 4th and normally from great positions.  If Besiktas dump Liverpool out of Europe then that is bad news for Spurs/Man u. As a Spurs/Man U fan one would be wishing for Liverpool to go a couple more rounds of the competition and add to burn out!

Regardless of the Europa league one would have to fancy Pool to finish 4th at least now.  Lets be honest Pool have hit similar form to this time last year, 70 points will probably be enough for CL football which pool should be capable of getting that after getting 84 points last season. United on the other hand are pack of individuals that aren't performing to their ability & little evidence of a team. looking at Uniteds remaining fixtures they probably finish on mid 60 points, Spurs will finish in 6th or 7th i reckon.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

T Fearon

Tell you what if Liverpool do finish in the top four I will give them full credit and acknowledge Rogers as an excellent manager.Watched them at Old Trafford in December and they looked complete shite.Turnaround is quite impressive and Rogers has dealt extremely well with the pressure.

Sidney

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 05:50:49 PM
Tell you what if Liverpool do finish in the top four I will give them full credit and acknowledge Rogers as an excellent manager.Watched them at Old Trafford in December and they looked complete shite.Turnaround is quite impressive and Rogers has dealt extremely well with the pressure.
Liverpool had a hatful of excellent chances in that match, certainly enough to have won, and the scoreline didn't reflect the balance of play at all.

The form and fortunes of both teams have diverged significantly since then.

T Fearon

They never showed any belief that they could win

Minus15

laoislad

Quote from: Minus15 on February 24, 2015, 09:32:34 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on February 24, 2015, 04:05:52 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 22, 2015, 07:56:01 PM
Who were those posters calling for Rodgers to be sacked?

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/9728512/Brendan-Rodgers-Both-Genius-And-Pillock

jury still out

What a load of balls that was. A lot of opinion and not a lot of fact in there.
It was on F365 ffs! F365 is great for threads like Women over 40 you'd ruin and was brilliant last year with threads mocking Moyes but I wouldn't be taking it too seriously!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 05:50:49 PM

And whilst you acknowledge him as an excellent manager, perhaps you could also acknowledge the "D" in his surname.
That was never a square ball!!

deiseach

I enjoyed that article. There's plenty of evidence that Brendan is a pillock. He acts as if he has seen into the future and everything works out swimmingly for Liverpool but can't tell us cos it'll rupture the space-time continuum. On the other hand, his philosophy - I use the word without irony; okay, mostly without irony - of all-out attack has been a real treat, and he has shown an unexpected but welcome flexibility in recent times when it became clear he hadn't the personnel that he needed. Liverpool do not have the luxury of being able to throw £150 million at the squad so they need someone to bring a little x-factor to proceedings. Rodgers might not have what it takes in the long run but I think he's been worth the punt. 

mikehunt

Quote from: deiseach on February 25, 2015, 07:25:43 AM
I enjoyed that article. There's plenty of evidence that Brendan is a pillock. He acts as if he has seen into the future and everything works out swimmingly for Liverpool but can't tell us cos it'll rupture the space-time continuum. On the other hand, his philosophy - I use the word without irony; okay, mostly without irony - of all-out attack has been a real treat, and he has shown an unexpected but welcome flexibility in recent times when it became clear he hadn't the personnel that he needed. Liverpool do not have the luxury of being able to throw £150 million at the squad so they need someone to bring a little x-factor to proceedings. Rodgers might not have what it takes in the long run but I think he's been worth the punt.
His approach seems to be "go out and play lads". Tactically he doesn't have it when it comes to the defence. He fell upon the current set up. He insisted on keeping Lovren but was only when he reluctantly brought Can and Sakho back in that things improved. Mignolet has massively improved since those two came in. He wanted rid of Lucas and persisted with Gerrard. His transfer dealings are generally poor. He has them playing great stuff but I think he's making it as he goes along. He needs to finish top four this season or I'd say the yanks will have decisions to make.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: mikehunt on February 25, 2015, 08:19:31 AM
Quote from: deiseach on February 25, 2015, 07:25:43 AM
His approach seems to be "go out and play lads". Tactically he doesn't have it when it comes to the defence. He fell upon the current set up. He insisted on keeping Lovren but was only when he reluctantly brought Can and Sakho back in that things improved. Mignolet has massively improved since those two came in. He wanted rid of Lucas and persisted with Gerrard. His transfer dealings are generally poor. He has them playing great stuff but I think he's making it as he goes along. He needs to finish top four this season or I'd say the yanks will have decisions to make.

Bit like you then!

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteNo Jordan Henderson (ankle), Glen Johnson, Mamadou Sakho or Philippe Coutinho on @LFC flight to Istanbul

Looks like we could be going out tomorrow night