The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: supersub on December 09, 2014, 12:01:30 AM
Utd are hardly world beaters at the moment. A very average side playing little football, but obviously getting results in the last few weeks. Liverpool are much the same, back to back wins and a draw while not convincing. 2 wins would be a nice lift. If I had to chose the three points out of the two however it would be Utd game without doubt. Close the gap on them and close the mouths of some supporters  ;D That said there is no reason why 3 points can't be picked up in both games. When is dstudge back?

Sturridge is not back for another few weeks. And therein lies probably the primary difference. United have a few high quality goalscorers. At the moment Liverpool have none. Hence, United are winning games, even if they're not playing particularly well. And its more likely than not that they'll nick a goal or two on Sunday while Liverpool labour in scoreless futility once again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: supersub on December 09, 2014, 12:01:30 AM
Utd are hardly world beaters at the moment. A very average side playing little football, but obviously getting results in the last few weeks. Liverpool are much the same, back to back wins and a draw while not convincing. 2 wins would be a nice lift. If I had to chose the three points out of the two however it would be Utd game without doubt. Close the gap on them and close the mouths of some supporters  ;D That said there is no reason why 3 points can't be picked up in both games. When is dstudge back?

Prediction then? 2-1 or a 1-0 for Liverpool
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

Just can't see Liverpool getting the result tonight. Too toothless in attack and too error prone at the back. While Basel are no world beaters, they have more quality than the likes of Stoke and Sunderland who Liverpool have struggled against recently. They are hardly too worried about their two CB's having to cover Rickie Lambert (and that's not a slight on the player, who is very game but very limited. And I'd still play him above Ballotelli).

Will be plenty of huff and puff but lack of quality unless Sterling really ups his game. Best chance is that Basel play for the draw.

Unfortunately (  ;) ) the wee one has her school nativity play although the wee lad has already asked if Sky Go will work during it.

Denn Forever

A reprise of the 1988 FA cup final.  Com'on the Mighty Dons.

A hit from that summer.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCW3RJNRIw
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

deiseach

A home draw against Wimbledon would have been nice. I'm in Liverpool that weekend and tickets would likely be cheap(er) and readily available. Pity. As for tonight, expectations are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut.

CD

Going to go 2 down here. Huge gaps behind Lucas. Why?
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

This is pathetic. The lack of any urgency is shocking.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: hardstation on December 09, 2014, 08:06:35 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 08, 2014, 10:21:34 PM
Fancy a 2-1 win tomorrow night also. Sterling will have a stormer
Hmm, he just had a very decent chance and made a dick of himself.

Prediction looks a tad positive.  Where is the hunger? The fight? It's putrid stuff altogether. So many limited players on the team

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on December 09, 2014, 08:15:11 PM

Because he is pushing up too far and not getting back or no covering player, either way there is a lack of will in this team, off course that won't be the case at the weekend. Has to be problems in-house
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2014, 08:26:21 PM

Because he is pushing up too far and not getting back or no covering player, either way there is a lack of will in this team, off course that won't be the case at the weekend. Has to be problems in-house

Who knows but it's up to those over paid tubes to bust a gut for the fans regardless of what is going on (if anything) behind the scenes.

CD

Pure dung. Ricky lambert is up there with Sean Dundee and Jimmy Carter in my list of liverpool's worst ever players. Last time I said this he scored ;). Here's hoping.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Captain Obvious

Very disjointed half for Liverpool, need at least two goals to avoid embarrassing champions league exit.

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 09, 2014, 08:30:55 PM
Very disjointed half for Liverpool, need at least two goals to avoid embarrassing champions league exit.

Always enjoy your pearls of obvious wisdom CO :-)

pullhard

Are liverpool the slowest team ever in the champions league?

Gerrard and lamp's, look like they have lead in there boots

JoG2

Quote from: CD on December 09, 2014, 08:30:30 PM

Pure dung. Ricky lambert is up there with Sean Dundee and Jimmy Carter in my list of liverpool's worst ever players. Last time I said this he scored ;). Here's hoping.

In fairness, he's a big burley centre forward who gets zero service . Silk purse and all that