The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

One of the many holes he dragged Liverpool out of almost single handedly!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 08, 2014, 10:52:01 AM
10 years ago today since this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9-P2UF9JIg

unbelievable

What you wouldn't give for something similar tomorrow night?

I was sitting in Messr Maguires watching that game - to this day I've never celebrated a Liverpool goal as much as I did that one.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 08, 2014, 02:26:36 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 08, 2014, 10:52:01 AM
10 years ago today since this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9-P2UF9JIg

unbelievable

What you wouldn't give for something similar tomorrow night?

I was sitting in Messr Maguires watching that game - to this day I've never celebrated a Liverpool goal as much as I did that one.
I remember that game so clearly as well.In a mates house playing cards with the game on.
It was a round the time of all the speculation about Gerrard going to chelsea and we were chatting about that, a few of the united lads throwing out a bit of slagging.
One of the lads goes 'whats the odds gerrard comes up with the winner here now?'
he hadnt the sentence finished before he was interupted by Andy Grey 'WHat a hit son, what a hit!'
One of the best moments ever in the CL for me
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Jeez 10 years ago. Can't remember where I watched it but what a goal. Can't stand Andy Gray but in fairness the commentary adds to the goal also.
Hopefully it won't come down to the last 10 mins tomorrow night though!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Besides this game and Istanbul, the 2006 FA Cup final stands out for me as one of the great individual performances I ve seen. Keane against Juve was another one where one man just ran the show completely.
The likes of messi, Ronaldo etc have better games where the attacking skill is sublime, but Gerrard and keane were all over the pitch, attacking, defending et al.

More again tomorrow please!

J70

I see no cause for optimism tomorrow.  Where are the chances and goals going to come from? All Basel need to do is drop a central midfielder or two back in front of their defence, like Sunderland did, and the 0-0 draw or 1-0 win is theirs.

No optimism for Sunday either,  although at least United aren't setting the league alight with their performances.

CD

Tricky FA cup draw the way Liverpool are playing. That tie could be very important for Brendan Rogers' future.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2014, 06:30:03 PM
I see no cause for optimism tomorrow.  Where are the chances and goals going to come from? All Basel need to do is drop a central midfielder or two back in front of their defence, like Sunderland did, and the 0-0 draw or 1-0 win is theirs.

No optimism for Sunday either,  although at least United aren't setting the league alight with their performances.

Liverpool would be better resting their players for the weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2014, 08:15:45 PM

Might have a better chance of a result on Sunday all right.

laoislad

Quote from: CD on December 08, 2014, 08:04:34 PM
Tricky FA cup draw the way Liverpool are playing. That tie could be very important for Brendan Rogers' future.
Who they get

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on December 08, 2014, 09:21:34 PM
Quote from: CD on December 08, 2014, 08:04:34 PM
Who they get

Away to AFC Wimbledon
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

I've said it already but I honestly think Liverpool's best chance of Champions League football next season is to win the Europa League this season.I know that means not going through tomorrow night and I'm not saying I want them to be knocked out but in reality Liverpool aren't going to win the Champions League.

United look odds on for top four and probably top 3 which leaves 4th between Liverpool,Arsenal and maybe Spurs(I can't see West Ham or Southampton lasting the pace) and being honest at the moment Liverpool don't even look like they will be in with a shout of 4th ffs.

I think United will turn Liverpool over big time on Sunday. I think it will be a heavy defeat for Liverpool.It certainly won't be like the game in Old Trafford last season which was probably Liverpool's easiest away game of the entire season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on December 08, 2014, 09:57:17 PM

I've said it already but I honestly think Liverpool's best chance of Champions League football next season is to win the Europa League this season.I know that means not going through tomorrow night and I'm not saying I want them to be knocked out but in reality Liverpool aren't going to win the Champions League.

United look odds on for top four and probably top 3 which leaves 4th between Liverpool,Arsenal and maybe Spurs(I can't see West Ham or Southampton lasting the pace) and being honest at the moment Liverpool don't even look like they will be in with a shout of 4th ffs.

I think United will turn Liverpool over big time on Sunday. I think it will be a heavy defeat for Liverpool.It certainly won't be like the game in Old Trafford last season which was probably Liverpool's easiest away game of the entire season.

Don't be silly, Utd were proper dung tonight, defence all over the place and another injury to Smalling. Rooney wasn't great and Southampton give away a gift of a goal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

No real confidence in the team at the minute, but the Utd game is probably the only fixture (along with Everton) you know they will get stuck in. I'd be very surprised if the red men don't get at least a draw against Utd.

Fancy a 2-1 win tomorrow night also. Sterling will have a stormer

supersub

Utd are hardly world beaters at the moment. A very average side playing little football, but obviously getting results in the last few weeks. Liverpool are much the same, back to back wins and a draw while not convincing. 2 wins would be a nice lift. If I had to chose the three points out of the two however it would be Utd game without doubt. Close the gap on them and close the mouths of some supporters  ;D That said there is no reason why 3 points can't be picked up in both games. When is dstudge back?