The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Paddy Power giving away money tonight! Special email offer 4/1 Man City and Sunderland double! Sadly maximum stake was only 10 quid!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2014, 09:59:21 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 07, 2014, 09:49:04 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2014, 09:24:52 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 07, 2014, 09:22:40 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 07, 2014, 08:55:01 PM
Quote from: CD on May 07, 2014, 08:37:41 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 07, 2014, 08:35:50 PM
Aston Villa kept Manchester city out in that 1st half. Can they nick a goal on the break?

I think they can - City are going to be a nervous lot after the break!

A team with no outfield home grown players? Those mercenaries won't get too nervous I wouldn't have thought . It's just a very well paid job !
They're all mercenaries, even the homegrown ones or can you point out a hand full of players on any team that are truly loyal to anything but money.
Are any of us loyal to our jobs?
We'd all take a pay rise if offered or jump ship to another company if offered more money.
I agree, its not sport its business. Why people be filling up pages of crap on two businesses competing against each other in another country is beyond me. None of those players or clubs give two suites about ye.
Good for you. I dunno why you let it bother you so much, which it obviously does or you wouldn't have taken the time to moan about it.
It is a business you're right but it is also only a game. I dunno why you can't understand someone enjoying a game.
Each to their own.

Heh, I enjoy a good game of soccer too. But  I don't be in pubs roaring abuse a TV and talking about "we" this and "we" the other when referring to the random English club I adopted somewhere down the line. I'm not bothered about it that much, I just think its sad to see Irishmen act like this.

Shrewdness

Laoislad, you seem to be in very cranky form tonight.

laoislad

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 07, 2014, 10:17:08 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2014, 09:59:21 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 07, 2014, 09:49:04 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2014, 09:24:52 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 07, 2014, 09:22:40 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 07, 2014, 08:55:01 PM
Quote from: CD on May 07, 2014, 08:37:41 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 07, 2014, 08:35:50 PM
Aston Villa kept Manchester city out in that 1st half. Can they nick a goal on the break?

I think they can - City are going to be a nervous lot after the break!

A team with no outfield home grown players? Those mercenaries won't get too nervous I wouldn't have thought . It's just a very well paid job !
They're all mercenaries, even the homegrown ones or can you point out a hand full of players on any team that are truly loyal to anything but money.
Are any of us loyal to our jobs?
We'd all take a pay rise if offered or jump ship to another company if offered more money.
I agree, its not sport its business. Why people be filling up pages of crap on two businesses competing against each other in another country is beyond me. None of those players or clubs give two suites about ye.
Good for you. I dunno why you let it bother you so much, which it obviously does or you wouldn't have taken the time to moan about it.
It is a business you're right but it is also only a game. I dunno why you can't understand someone enjoying a game.
Each to their own.

Heh, I enjoy a good game of soccer too. But  I don't be in pubs roaring abuse a TV and talking about "we" this and "we" the other when referring to the random English club I adopted somewhere down the line. I'm not bothered about it that much, I just think its sad to see Irishmen act like this.
I don't think I've ever watched a match in a pub to be honest.  I dunno what been irish has got to do with anything. Do you feel the same about fellas who follow an American football team for example? Is it just because the majority of Irish football fans support English clubs that you have a problem with? 
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Jez, this I cannot understand someone cheering for a English Club/team sh1te! It's a bit of fun! Feck I bet you were cheering for that English Lad Ronnie O'Sullivan all week and Jimmy White before him. It passes the winter gives a chance for people who cheer for the same GAA Club and the same county a chance to slag each other for once. I know this is an offset of a GAA Forum but god the ban was got rid of in 1971 (I think!).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2014, 09:32:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2014, 09:31:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2014, 09:28:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 07, 2014, 09:26:31 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on May 07, 2014, 09:25:25 PM
Could be the one and only time you have it in your own hands in April for years...

Or it might not...
Look these are the same fellas who told us David Moues was the chosen one and there was no way United wouldn't finish outside top 4 and would probably win the leagye again.
I'm happy enough to let them make more predictions it's not like they have a good track record!

Liverpooll will find it harder next year to win it, that's my prediction and will finish above Utd
You're just pissed you lost your bet.

Yes, £5 at 16/1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2014, 10:34:34 PM
Could be the one and only time you have it in your own hands in April for years...

Or it might not...
Look these are the same fellas who told us David Moues was the chosen one and there was no way United wouldn't finish outside top 4 and would probably win the leagye again.
I'm happy enough to let them make more predictions it's not like they have a good track record!

Liverpooll will find it harder next year to win it, that's my prediction and will finish above Utd

Yes, £5 at 16/1
Paddy Power is laughing his balls off at you.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2014, 10:40:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2014, 10:34:34 PM

Or it might not...

Yes, £5 at 16/1
Paddy Power is laughing his balls off at you.

Yeah, like most weekends but sure City might slip up in their last game ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armamike on May 07, 2014, 11:40:50 PM
Its been a blast.
I agree. Al lot of disheartened fans over the few matches but fcuk it they have played attacking football and won matches in a style, that in August we couldn't even dream of. It has been some ride. If you trawled back to last posts from last summer not many were even talking about top 4.

T Fearon

It's official! Liverpool fans have morphed into Newcastle supporters Circa 1996!

john mcgill

I was in the gym yesterday and listened to two young fellows talking about their teams in the Mid Ulster league and about other teams that they hated and did not want to see promoted.  This negative mindset reminds me of a minority of Man Utd fans who seem to think that they have had a successful season just because Liverpool look like not winning the premier league.  It is in stark contrat to Coach Kelly from Notre Dame who I met recently at Breezy Point in NY, when I told him that my US cousins were big Boston College fans he replied "It doesn't matter we love them all".  Sentiments that I'm trying to embrace!

Aaron Boone

Plenty of time for another twist.

Shrewdness

I can assure you John that no United fans, minority or otherwise, will measure this season as a success of any kind, regardless of what Liverpool do. All United fans know the top class football that Liverpool played for most of this season.

Lecale2

It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope that kills you.