The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

First half of Arsenal game was magical and one of the season highlights. The Everton 4-0 was also up there.
The United game at the 0 3 Arena was to much of a walk in the park for it to be a season highlight and I actually thought it should really have been 5 or 6-0.
To be honest I actually really enjoyed the Stoke game away.
In seasons gone past Liverpool would have lost that game after losing a two goal lead. Yeah sure it was a sign of things to come leaking silly goals but it was a great win in the end.
I'm already looking forward to next season and I can't wait for the Champions league draw.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: deiseach on May 08, 2014, 09:06:49 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2014, 11:44:13 PM
Quote from: Armamike on May 07, 2014, 11:40:50 PM
Its been a blast.
I agree. Al lot of disheartened fans over the few matches but fcuk it they have played attacking football and won matches in a style, that in August we couldn't even dream of. It has been some ride. If you trawled back to last posts from last summer not many were even talking about top 4.

Aye, lots of happy memories. My favourite is probably when Jordan Henderson pressured Mesut Ozil to the point where he felt his only response was to fall on his arse and look for a free. Meanwhile Liverpool swept forward in such numbers that they were queueing up to poke the ball into the net. Those twenty minutes against Arsenal, 4-0 up and not flattered at all, were beyond belief.

Jordan Henderson has been one of the unsung heroes this season for Liverpool how much of loss has he been in the last few games?

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 08, 2014, 07:18:26 PM
Quote from: deiseach on May 08, 2014, 09:06:49 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2014, 11:44:13 PM
Quote from: Armamike on May 07, 2014, 11:40:50 PM
Its been a blast.
I agree. Al lot of disheartened fans over the few matches but fcuk it they have played attacking football and won matches in a style, that in August we couldn't even dream of. It has been some ride. If you trawled back to last posts from last summer not many were even talking about top 4.

Aye, lots of happy memories. My favourite is probably when Jordan Henderson pressured Mesut Ozil to the point where he felt his only response was to fall on his arse and look for a free. Meanwhile Liverpool swept forward in such numbers that they were queueing up to poke the ball into the net. Those twenty minutes against Arsenal, 4-0 up and not flattered at all, were beyond belief.

Jordan Henderson has been one of the unsung heroes this season for Liverpool how much of loss has he been in the last few games?
I think he may have actually cost us the title with his silly sending off.
He was a massive loss imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: laoislad on May 08, 2014, 07:04:17 PM
In seasons gone past Liverpool would have lost that game after losing a two goal lead. Yeah sure it was a sign of things to come leaking silly goals but it was a great win in the end.
In fairness Stoke were tougher to beat at home with Tony Pulis. Unbeaten i think against Liverpool at home and he got another draw on Monday night.

Quote from: laoislad on May 08, 2014, 07:19:55 PM

Avoidable sending off and Allen or Lucas couldn't fill the void.

trileacman

Quote from: EC Unique on May 08, 2014, 05:20:54 PM

FACT: The last time Liverpool won the league, Jon Flanagan's mum and dad were still just brother and sister ;D ;D
Everytime I see myself looking rough in a photo, I say, "could be worse, you look like Phil Jones". Can't wait for his wedding album, it should be a cracker.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/21/phil-jones-22-faces_n_4829386.html
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

T Fearon

Sunday teatime,things you will hear from Liverpool supporters.

It's been a brilliant season

I'd have taken this back in August

At least we stuffed Man Utd,Arsenal and Spurs

Can't wait until next season's Champions League

Sunday teatime,things you should hear from Liverpool supporters

We blew it big time

We're a two man team

Beating Man Utd Arsenal and Spurs teams in disarray while failing to avoid defeat against Chelsea Reserves means diddly squat.

I fear the Champions League and what clubs of real European pedigree will do to us

Hound

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 08, 2014, 07:29:49 PM

Yeah it was a right fookup by Jordan, assisted by that clown Moses.
Allen has done fine, but Lucas has been poor.

deiseach

Liverpool have a grand tradition of ugly players. It's when they went all Spice Boy that things went wrong.

Armamike

It's a sign of major progress on last year when it was the standard of football that was thrown at Liverpool and this year its the players' looks.  It's gone a bit gay.
That's just, like your opinion man.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 08, 2014, 07:29:49 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 08, 2014, 07:04:17 PM
In fairness Stoke were tougher to beat at home with Tony Pulis. Unbeaten i think against Liverpool at home and he got another draw on Monday night.

Quote from: laoislad on May 08, 2014, 07:19:55 PM

Allen has actually been pretty good the past month or so. Lucas just doesn't look the same player since his 2 serious injuries. Has lost mobility and struggles to last 90 minutes. Pretty much the opposite of Henderson who can run all day at a high tempo.

Shrewdness

If Liverpool do pursue and buy Adam Lallana, what role/position do ye see him taking up in the team. From this year's team, whose place is he likely to take?

Gabriel_Hurl

making the tea - sure that's all he'll be good for next season as they will slip back to mediocrity

Shrewdness

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 09, 2014, 09:13:06 PM
Poor response.
I think you are on the wrong thread again. There must be some interesting transfer news down the M62.

Shrewdness

No Tony, it was a genuine question. Have been highly impressed by Brendan Rodgers. Thought it was a gamble when they appointed him, but he's been excellent. Was interested to see where Lallana would fit in.