The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 16, 2014, 09:14:34 AM
Quote from: God14 on April 16, 2014, 08:53:24 AM
I would expect we will hear some news on the extent of Sturridges injury. Im fearful to be honest. James Pearce of the Liverpool echo tweeted on Sunday ''The way Sturridge limped through mixed zone earlier, I'd be surprised if he features v Norwich next weekend''

Assuming he is not available, and Henderson is out, it will be very interesting to see what line up Rodgers goes with at Norwich. The four candidates to come in for the two spots would be Lucas, Allen, Moses & Aspas. I think its fair to say Lucas & Allen are favourites to start.

Id be tempted to retain the diamond midfield shape, but push Sterling forward into Sturridges striker role, and move Coutinho into the attacking point of the Diamond. Leaving Allen & Lucas sitting in front of Gerrard. Sterling has had a lot of joy finding space between the lines lately, so in an ideal world you would keep him there. On the other side of the coin - his pace is superior to Torres & Owen in their prime. Youd fancy him to get in behind the Norwich defence. And you'd hope that Coutinho, Suarez et al would be able to find him.
It might be our best bet on Sunday.

On another note I hate these awl midday kick off's. They often lead to slower paced games.

That's the formation I would favour assuming Sturridge doesn't play.

Sterling isn't a good finisher, thats the problem

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: haranguerer on April 16, 2014, 09:47:57 AM
I would expect we will hear some news on the extent of Sturridges injury. Im fearful to be honest. James Pearce of the Liverpool echo tweeted on Sunday ''The way Sturridge limped through mixed zone earlier, I'd be surprised if he features v Norwich next weekend''

Assuming he is not available, and Henderson is out, it will be very interesting to see what line up Rodgers goes with at Norwich. The four candidates to come in for the two spots would be Lucas, Allen, Moses & Aspas. I think its fair to say Lucas & Allen are favourites to start.

Id be tempted to retain the diamond midfield shape, but push Sterling forward into Sturridges striker role, and move Coutinho into the attacking point of the Diamond. Leaving Allen & Lucas sitting in front of Gerrard. Sterling has had a lot of joy finding space between the lines lately, so in an ideal world you would keep him there. On the other side of the coin - his pace is superior to Torres & Owen in their prime. Youd fancy him to get in behind the Norwich defence. And you'd hope that Coutinho, Suarez et al would be able to find him.

On another note I hate these awl midday kick off's. They often lead to slower paced games.

He's as good a finisher as is available.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 16, 2014, 09:53:39 AM

Alberto seems to have dropped off the map altogether.
if both sturridge & henderson are out the squad starts to look quite light all of a sudden.

Would Ibe be an option ? could be as useful as Moses
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

While he is no Daniel Sturridge, he has chipped in with a few and his finish on Sunday was as good as you'd see. Ice cool.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 16, 2014, 09:56:33 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 16, 2014, 09:53:39 AM

Alberto seems to have dropped off the map altogether.
if both sturridge & henderson are out the squad starts to look quite light all of a sudden.

Would Ibe be an option ? could be as useful as Moses

On loan to Birmingham for the rest of the season.
I'd be as useful as Moses!

haranguerer

Quote from: Bingo on April 16, 2014, 10:00:50 AM

While he is no Daniel Sturridge, he has chipped in with a few and his finish on Sunday was as good as you'd see. Ice cool.

I'm not knocking him, hes been great, but I don't think he'd suit playing there. I wouldn't be backing him in a one on one anyway.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: laoislad on April 16, 2014, 09:20:05 AM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on April 15, 2014, 09:05:02 PM
Roberto Martinez, take a bow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZtj-GPJIJ0
Excellent. Any time I have seen him interviewed he comes across so well.
Honestly hope he gets Everton into Champions League.
+1, even though I hope Utd manage to beat them this Sunday!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Bingo

Quote from: haranguerer on April 16, 2014, 10:09:48 AM
Quote from: Bingo on April 16, 2014, 10:00:50 AM

I'm not knocking him, hes been great, but I don't think he'd suit playing there. I wouldn't be backing him in a one on one anyway.

It is far from ideal. I'd not be playing him there for his finishing alone. It would be for his pace and movement which would be similar to Sturridge. This would ensure that Suarez isn't isolated and marked by two. Sterling will ensure that they have pace and movement to worry about, the team has set up to play like this and important to continue this way, imho. He'll still stick one if he gets the right chance.

supersarsfields

I'd agree, the main thing is to stop people double teaming Suarez. If Saurez is one on one with a defender you'd always fancy him to do damage. Sterling's finishing has improved lately and he seems to be a bit more composed now.

RIP 96.

brokencrossbar1

I would have no fear about Sterling playing upfront against Norwich,  he did score against them the last time they played. Norwich will be scared shitless of Saurez and he is on a bit of a goal drought by his standards so I would expect them to focus on closing him down.  The diamond with COutinho at the point will be just as effective against Norwich.  Every game is a bundle of nerves though!!

J70

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 16, 2014, 04:51:12 AM
Had ESPN show recorded, but just finished watching. A must watch for any sports fan. Brilliantly done.

Yes, it was  powerful stuff! It would make the blood boil!

Certain people on this board might learn something by watching it.

Hound

Hadnt realised it was midday. On a Sunday.
Staying in a house which doesn't have Sky Sports, so might be a problem for me if pubs don't open till 1230! Wonder can they open early if they say they're serving tea/coffee...

Bingo

Quote from: Hound on April 16, 2014, 02:07:27 PM

Staying in a house which doesn't have Sky Sports, so might be a problem for me if pubs don't open till 1230! Wonder can they open early if they say they're serving tea/coffee...

Unless you staying in a convent on lough derg, I'd be very surprised if you can't find a pub/hotel that will be open and showing the game at that time.

Hound

Quote from: Bingo on April 16, 2014, 02:17:15 PM

Unless you staying in a convent on lough derg, I'd be very surprised if you can't find a pub/hotel that will be open and showing the game at that time.
Its down the country, so you never know, but hopefully I'll find somewhere that'll open early  :P

Bingo

Quote from: Hound on April 16, 2014, 02:36:51 PM
Quote from: Bingo on April 16, 2014, 02:17:15 PM

Its down the country, so you never know, but hopefully I'll find somewhere that'll open early  :P

I'd imagine if you so wished, you'd be half cut by the time the game kicked off  :D