The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 16, 2013, 01:26:24 PM
Interested to hear on talksport that it was down to BR and AVB for spurs job - we got the good guy there for sure. He has done a decent job to date and at least we have a structure and style of play that is identifiable and players seem happy with. BR surprised a few with selection y'day myself included who thought he would go for 3/5/2. It shows he has got balls and was going for a win and not settling for 1 point. Players obviously believe in him as performance showed but we MUST beat the bluebirds/red dragons or whatever they are called now on Saturday!!!
Is it too much to ask for 7 pts from next 3 games - 5 would keep me more than happy but we will see.

Hold your horses there we lost to Hull 1-3 only two weeks ago. That result did not mean we were a really bad team. Yesterdays result does not mean we are world beaters. Perspective.

gawa316

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 16, 2013, 04:24:10 PM
Interested to hear on talksport that it was down to BR and AVB for spurs job - we got the good guy there for sure. He has done a decent job to date and at least we have a structure and style of play that is identifiable and players seem happy with. BR surprised a few with selection y'day myself included who thought he would go for 3/5/2. It shows he has got balls and was going for a win and not settling for 1 point. Players obviously believe in him as performance showed but we MUST beat the bluebirds/red dragons or whatever they are called now on Saturday!!!
Is it too much to ask for 7 pts from next 3 games - 5 would keep me more than happy but we will see.

Hold your horses there we lost to Hull 1-3 only two weeks ago. That result did not mean we were a really bad team. Yesterdays result does not mean we are world beaters. Perspective.

I's say if we got 4 points we'd be doing rightly

AZOffaly

I say let's worry about beating Cardiff first. then we can talk about what we can get from City or Chelsea.

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 16, 2013, 04:34:20 PM
I say let's worry about beating Cardiff first. then we can talk about what we can get from City or Chelsea.

+1

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 16, 2013, 04:24:10 PM

Exactly. Hull won't leave 20 yards of space behind their back four like Spurs did. As always against those types of teams at Anfield, getting the first goal is important as it forces them to come out a bit , allowing further chances to be created and taken, thankfully something Liverpool have been very good at this year, for a change.

gawa316

Quote from: Bingo on December 16, 2013, 04:37:48 PM

+1

Is right. I've seen a lot of Pool fans just dismiss this game as a win, they must have very short memories. Although we have improved no end against beating the also rans there is always a Southampton or Hull performance around the corner. Hopefully BR will have them focus on Cardiff and nothing else until the game is over.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gawa316 on December 16, 2013, 04:42:42 PM
Quote from: Bingo on December 16, 2013, 04:37:48 PM

+1

Is right. I've seen a lot of Pool fans just dismiss this game as a win, they must have very short memories. Although we have improved no end against beating the also rans there is always a Southampton or Hull performance around the corner. Hopefully BR will have them focus on Cardiff and nothing else until the game is over.

The league cup final against Cardiff is one game Liverpool supporters should remember.

Mikhailov

Calm down calm down!! Why do you think I have the word MUST in capital letters regarding the Cardiff game - I have been a pool supporter too long to get carried away in last 25 years. I said in previous post that this game is a banana skin but if we got 3 pts then we could get 5 or 7 from next 3. After years of pessimism I now approach games with some optimism - is that a fault? I like the positivity at the minute and whilst I acknowledge we can't do much in December we appear to be heading the right direction but time will tell.

Top 4 will still require 2 pts per game however it is possible.

deiseach

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 16, 2013, 05:22:47 PM
Calm down calm down!! Why do you think I have the word MUST in capital letters regarding the Cardiff game - I have been a pool supporter too long to get carried away in last 25 years. I said in previous post that this game is a banana skin but if we got 3 pts then we could get 5 or 7 from next 3. After years of pessimism I now approach games with some optimism - is that a fault? I like the positivity at the minute and whilst I acknowledge we can't do much in December we appear to be heading the right direction but time will tell.

Have you not heard? The Gods look down from the heavens and determine the fate of Liverpool FC based on how optimistic YOU are. Get too hopeful and they decree that Cardiff will pox one goal on the break and David Marshall shall be granted such powers that he will have a performance to make his efforts against Barca all those years ago look like he was playing with his gloves dipped in Kerrygold. That's the way it works.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2013, 05:31:24 PM

Have you not heard? The Gods look down from the heavens and determine the fate of Liverpool FC based on how optimistic YOU are. Get too hopeful and they decree that Cardiff will pox one goal on the break and David Marshall shall be granted such powers that he will have a performance to make his efforts against Barca all those years ago look like he was playing with his gloves dipped in Kerrygold. That's the way it works.

Being a Mayo fan makes being a Liverpool fan easy in the optimism stakes.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

EC Unique

You have every right to be optimistic. Liverpool are getting good results whilst playing very attractive football. The only concern you should have is depth of squad. I think City will win the league but Liverpool can not be ruled out.

SHEEDY

I didnt think Liverpool had a chance of winning the league a few weeks ago but after watching your last few games I reckon yous have got every chance. at this moment Liverpool are as good as anyone. as an everton fan I hope im wrong and Liverpool end up in mid table obscurity but at the minute both Merseyside clubs seem to heading in the direction.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 16, 2013, 06:13:20 PM
I didnt think Liverpool had a chance of winning the league a few weeks ago but after watching your last few games I reckon yous have got every chance. at this moment Liverpool are as good as anyone. as an everton fan I hope im wrong and Liverpool end up in mid table obscurity but at the minute both Merseyside clubs seem to heading in the direction.

I think it would be great if both Merseyside clubs were challenging for the top honours every season like they use too.
With Liverpool winning more of course  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

After Sunday's performance is it time to think Liverpool are better without Gerard? Best performance so far under the current manager.