The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Minder

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2012, 02:14:23 PM

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Thank f**k for that.

Captain Obvious

Man enough to issue apology will it be enough for Liverpool to keep him for another season?

heganboy

Watched that game yesterday and Liverpool were poor, lacked any creativity whatsoever. Gerard cannot sit that deep and expect to hit the Hollywood ball every time. The back four were disorganized, and that was to blame for the first goal. No clue what Spearing was thinking for the second, and the Suarez goal was handed to him on a plate by Ferdinand's bad touch. But for a bit of luck, that could have been a United whitewash, and on the balance of play they would have deserved it. Their movement in the first 30 minutes of the second half was great to watch  even for a liverpool fan.
Bellamy at least looked like he had a clue, Carroll was a petulant kid and looked under more pressure than he could handle. First person he yelled at was Bellamy, and then the ref. Thats not a good sign for any team. Adam actually looked pretty good when he came on. Henderson and Downing need a run in the reserves, as they are not playing at this level and it seems to be a purely confidence issue.

So the non football stuff.
the non handshake- so did Evra play Suarez? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh2GklvY7eQ  definitely not saying that he avoided the shake, but there may have been a bit of gamesmanship on his behalf. If that is the case fair play to Evra, he got such a hounding for getting pissed at been abused, and he played the situation well.

As for the celebrating at the end, no bother with him rising the crowd, but the run to do it inches from Suarez was definitely to goad him into reacting, and I was surprised that Suarez didn't react.

All in all made for good entertainment, but the good football was all United, and Liverpool although they were very well organized in the first half, must be looking for that elusive creative midfielder during the summer. On the basis of that game they will be searching without the lure of Champions league...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 12, 2012, 02:29:10 PM

Man enough to issue apology will it be enough for Liverpool to keep him for another season?

Proper Order. I'd say Kenny had a bit of a cut off him.

EC Unique

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 12, 2012, 02:32:46 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 12, 2012, 02:29:10 PM

Proper Order. I'd say Kenny had a bit of a cut off him.

Time to close the lid.

J70

So much for the parsing of replays to suggest that Evra pulled his hand first.

J70

Along with Suarez' statement is the following:

Liverpool Managing Director Ian Ayre has today released the following statement.

"We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so.

"He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the Club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behaviour was not acceptable.

"Luis Suarez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."

AZOffaly

Handling this a lot better than the initial incident. But that's enough now, no point in going overboard at this stage. Hopefully that;s it.

Minus15

Yes - good to see this reaction from the player and the club. Suarez should have judged th situation much better I would be happy enough to take that and move on. Hopefully he can start repaying on the pitch.

They won't face United again this season, haven't lost any further ground on top 4 in the last few games and are still in both cups. Plenty of reasons to be positive and move on with the rest of the season.

Minder

Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish today insisted Luis Suarez is right to apologise for failing to shake Patrice Evra's hand at Old Trafford.

"Ian Ayre has made the Club's position absolutely clear and it is right that Luis Suarez has now apologised for what happened at Old Trafford," said Dalglish.

"To be honest, I was shocked to hear that the player had not shaken hands having been told earlier in the week that he would do. 

"But as Ian said earlier, all of us have a responsibility to represent this Club in a fit and proper manner and that applies equally to me as Liverpool Manager.  

"When I went on TV after yesterday's game I hadn't seen what had happened, but I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool Manager during that interview and I'd like to apologise for that."

under the bar

So he has apologised to Dalglish and LFC but cannot overcome his prejudice and apologise to Evra.

Minder

Sounds like John Henry has made a phone call.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: under the bar on February 12, 2012, 03:30:18 PM
So he has apologised to Dalglish and LFC but cannot overcome his prejudice and apologise to Evra.
Beat me too it.

About time the owners got involved and told them to wise up though. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?