The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Dalglish said  "People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

So Suarez makes a liar of the manager.  Surely Kenny has the balls not to let this go unpunished?

J70

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 11, 2012, 05:12:15 PM

Dalglish said  "People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

So Suarez makes a liar of the manager.  Surely Kenny has the balls not to let this go unpunished?

I hope so. The club is bigger than any one player. They're replaceable, the club isn't.

J70

Quote from: Bingo on February 11, 2012, 03:51:50 PM
Second best today, far too slow and ponderous. Gerard not himself and two mistakes cost goals - Johnson and spearing. Downing needs to have a look at himself, worst performance I've seen from Liverpool in in in long time, total bottler and hid.

As for fergusons comments, he never had the issue on handshakes when vieras hand was refused by scholes and was it rio after Neville got bullied in the tunnel V arsenal.

Don't mind Ferguson FFS! Only the unthinking lapdogs hang on his every hypocritical word!

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on February 11, 2012, 03:12:18 PM
Fair play to you AZ. It was a great game with some class football but all the talk is about a handshake or lack of it. Even if Saurez hates Evra he still should have shook his hand to draw a line under all this shit.

Correct.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on February 11, 2012, 05:14:36 PM

I hope so. The club is bigger than any one player. They're replaceable, the club isn't.

Why exactly would the club punish him?

Blowitupref

Why didn't Dalglish use common sense by naming Suarez on the bench? he could have avoided the handshake without fuss if he did that.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on February 11, 2012, 04:02:09 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 11, 2012, 03:12:18 PM
Even if Saurez hates Evra he still should have shook his hand to draw a line under all this shit.

Have to agree with this. As for the match no complaints better team won and 2-1 actually flattered us.

Some awful comments on here from the usual suspects. The irony to call a player a tr**p then hope he gets a career ending injury/broken leg is obviously lost on them...embarrassing

Indeed... on both comments.

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on February 11, 2012, 05:24:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 11, 2012, 05:14:36 PM

Why actually would the club punish him?

Because they've backed him completely in all of this, at some cost to the club, yet despite apparent assurances that he would go ahead with the ritual handshake, he put the club back in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons and made a fool of the manager.

michaelg

Quote from: Minder on February 11, 2012, 04:39:42 PM
Didn't see the game but Suarez should have shaken Evras hand and drew a line under it, mind you Evra got on like a spoilt brat when he didn't and seems like such a dick that he has failed to come out of the whole affair with his reputation intact. Not hard to see there were a few posters on here were delighted he didn't shake as they can go into full keyboard warrior mode and obviously the media will be delighted too as they will get a few more days out of it.

The usual three Tyrone posters have made a fool out of themselves as usual today.
How has he failed to come out of the whole affair with his reputation intact?  What has he done other than be racially abused?  Also, given Suarez's actions in the handshake that never was and his general air of petulance throughout the game, is it any wonder Evra enjoyed the victory at the end?

StGallsGAA

QuoteWhy exactly would the club punish him?

QuoteDalglish said  "People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

Dalglish's words were an instruction to a player to bury the hatchet because the club is bigger than him.  Suarez decided his own vandetta was more important and subsequently embarrassed the manager and shamed the club to get one over on Evra.

brokencrossbar1

Disappointing but not unexpected result and shenanigans.  Liverpool never consistently threatened the United goal.  The reality is that they are a good bit behind them and need some real quality to close that gap.  Downing is a shite-house and should be roaded.  Enrique was poor again today for long periods but a lot of that has to do with the lack of assistance from the lazy shite-house infront of him.  Gerard very lethargic, Henderson still trying but is not there yet and Spearing gives his all but is limited.  Lucas is a huge gap. 

Saurez should have shaken Evra's hand if he gave the manager his word that he would.  I would accept it if he hadn't because at the end of the day what happened between the 2 of them created a monster that has seriously damaged the player and the club and if morally Saurez felt he was in the right then I would respect that.  Howeve, once your manager makes a statement like Kenny did then shake the hand, end of story.  He has shit on his manager and shit on the club through his behaviour.  It was a pre-meditated action and TBH some of the gloss has fallen off Saurez in my eyes.  Liverpool that I grew to love was hated(respected) but for the right reasons, I want that back and believe Saurez can be part of that.  If he can't be brought into line then I think he needs to be moved on simple as that.

Armamike

Liverpool were putrid.  Started the game in first gear and lethargic mode and never tried to play with any tempo and aggression - really poor stuff.  Why concede the initiative from the off.  At least against spurs last time around they chased, harried and worked hard throughtout, even if they weren't able to create any chances.  The way they strolled about today reminded me of the way England play tournament football. Wing backs not taking people on, midfielders strolling around and forwards not wanting to turn and take people on, just taking the safe option instead.

There always seems to be too much going on around Saurez.  It's getting a bit tiresome.  Only himself and Evra will know for sure what was said between them but i don't like the attention Saurez brings on himself in a lot of games, seems a petulant, needy type of individual.  The club and his teammates have backed him to the hilt - it's about time he returned the favour.

Under the bar - get a life.
That's just, like your opinion man.

GalwayBayBoy

Gary Neville to be fair to him spoke more sense than anyone today. They don't like each other so why should they shake hands. Who gives a toss. Just get on with it. It's far from the first case of footballers refusing to shake hands with an opponent.

By not shaking hands though Sky and the media will stoke this story up for another week and I think everyone is beyond sick of it at this stage. This just gives Sky and the like to opportunity to make an even bigger soap opera of the whole thing.

As for the game. Poor performance. Team was very flat today and never had a go until Kenny made a few changes but it was too late by then. Bellamy and Carroll should have started. No game for 2 weeks so Bellamy could have had the next week off to rest his knees. Downing was putrid. Just doesn't seem like he has the right mentality to take the step-up to a big club unfortunately. He's making Carroll look like a bargain buy.

EC Unique

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 11, 2012, 07:37:21 PM
Gary Neville to be fair to him spoke more sense than anyone today. They don't like each other so why should they shake hands. Who gives a toss. Just get on with it. It's far from the first case of footballers refusing to shake hands with an opponent.

By not shaking hands though Sky and the media will stoke this story up for another week and I think everyone is beyond sick of it at this stage. This just gives Sky and the like to opportunity to make an even bigger soap opera of the whole thing.

As for the game. Poor performance. Team was very flat today and never had a go until Kenny made a few changes but it was too late by then. Bellamy and Carroll should have started. No game for 2 weeks so Bellamy could have had the next week off to rest his knees. Downing was putrid. Just doesn't seem like he has the right mentality to take the step-up to a big club unfortunately. He's making Carroll look like a bargain buy.

Ah now don't get carried away. :D

Not sure if many of you will agree or admit it even if you do agree but I think Gary Neville has been an excellent addition to Sky. He talks sense every time I see him and uses his excellent understanding of the game well.

Billys Boots

QuoteNot sure if many of you will agree or admit it even if you do agree but I think Gary Neville has been an excellent addition to Sky. He talks sense every time I see him and uses his excellent understanding of the game well.

Nice one, best laugh I've had today.  Thanks.   ;D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...