The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Fair play to you AZ. It was a great game with some class football but all the talk is about a handshake or lack of it. Even if Saurez hates Evra he still should have shook his hand to draw a line under all this shit.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 11, 2012, 03:07:48 PM
Ferguson, "Suarez could have caused a riot today and he shouldn't be allowed to play for a great club like Liverpool"

Did Ferguson say the same thing about Cantona that he could have caused a riot today and he shouldn't be allowed to play for a great club like Man Utd after his Kung-Fu kick all those years ago.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 11, 2012, 03:00:48 PM
Quote from: under the bar on February 11, 2012, 02:59:11 PM
Suarez can score as many as he likes for the losing team any day.

He's managed to trump both Bellamy and Tevez as the most detested player in football and he and the PR machine in the club have cemented Liverpool as the most detested club.   

Keep up the good work lads!!

And you are cementing your position on here.

He did that long ago! :D

AZOffaly

As I said on the United Thread, Liverpool back Suarez to the hilt, and he should have more respect than to put the club, and his manager in a shit situation.  Kenny's reaction tells me he didn't realise Suarez was going to do that.

on the sideline

Stewart Downing should never be allowed to play for Liverpool again, he is a disgrace. Lazy as fck, scared and offers abosloutely nothing.  Spearing not good enough to play against the top clubs, and whilst I wudda have been critical of Adam on occassions at least he was prepared to put his foot in when he came on and actually get the team going forward.  What is Gerrard's problem?  Seems uninterested, and looked lazy today, he shoud have been chomping at the bit and leading by example there today, and the teams performance reflected his own - very poor.  He would need to get the finger out soon.

Best team won today, but the very least you would expect is that the Liverpool players would have been up for it and prepared to put their bodies on the line and get stuck in, harry and chase, but apart from one or two, this was alarmingly lacking today and in a game of that magnitude you would think this should be a given.

Geoff Tipps

Shocking performance today. They should have won by more. Beaten in almost all areas. Midfield was chaotic. Spearing not up to it at this level, Gerrard never seemed to get out of walking pace, Henderson goes missing and seem to lack confidence or physicality. Suarez was working on scraps frm Kuyt and Downing, who should have been taken of at half time. Yet again he was shockingly bad. Must be the worst buy of the season. Some players just can't make the step up when playing for a big club. Johnson wad decent going forward. Enrique was poor in both directions.

borderfox

Evra is a disgrace. He shouldnt be goading Luis like that especially after all the lies he manufactured to get him the 8 match ban.
Ferguson should try to keep his own house in order instead of bitching about Suarez. Cantona at Selhurst park anyone?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Bingo

Second best today, far too slow and ponderous. Gerard not himself and two mistakes cost goals - Johnson and spearing. Downing needs to have a look at himself, worst performance I've seen from Liverpool in in in long time, total bottler and hid.

As for fergusons comments, he never had the issue on handshakes when vieras hand was refused by scholes and was it rio after Neville got bullied in the tunnel V arsenal.

under the bar

QuoteAs for fergusons comments, he never had the issue on handshakes when vieras hand was refused by scholes and was it rio after Neville Vieira got bullied in the tunnel V arsenal.

Fixed that for you!

gawa316

Quote from: EC Unique on February 11, 2012, 03:12:18 PM
Even if Saurez hates Evra he still should have shook his hand to draw a line under all this shit.

Have to agree with this. As for the match no complaints better team won and 2-1 actually flattered us.

Some awful comments on here from the usual suspects. The irony to call a player a tr**p then hope he gets a career ending injury/broken leg is obviously lost on them...embarrassing

Minus15

When Suarez did not shake hands with Evra today, it was emnarrassing and a sad reflection on the club. Liverpool will be in the headlines for all the wrong reasons yet again. I am disappointed in Suarez. Who the hell is advising this lad? Shake and move on is all that was needed and all the things that blew up during and after both halves of the game would not have happened! Liverpool were distracted and lost 2 goals as a result.

I agree with what Ferguson has said to an extent. What Suarez did is simply not how you should conduct yourself when reresenting Liverpool Football Club. I didn't see Dalglish's interview but I can understand his beef with the press. They were loving every minute of it. My main problem is Liverpool know the press are all over it and so does Suarez yet he still does that and brings all the attention away from the football again.

The lad would need to learn and show a bit of respect and appreciation for what his employers and team mates have done for them. Today he may as well have sat in the stand and let them get on with it!

Minder

Didn't see the game but Suarez should have shaken Evras hand and drew a line under it, mind you Evra got on like a spoilt brat when he didn't and seems like such a dick that he has failed to come out of the whole affair with his reputation intact. Not hard to see there were a few posters on here were delighted he didn't shake as they can go into full keyboard warrior mode and obviously the media will be delighted too as they will get a few more days out of it.

The usual three Tyrone posters have made a fool out of themselves as usual today.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"