The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Just for EC and his trampish behaviour comments:

Carmen Stateside

Just so its not all against United, here is one for Norf;

And the total suspensions from the two photos: 0. It will be interesting to see as reports of a two game suspension are floating about for Suarez.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 07, 2011, 03:30:46 AM
Just so its not all against United, here is one for Norf;

And the total suspensions from the two photos: 0. It will be interesting to see as reports of a two game suspension are floating about for Suarez.

I am nearly sure that Drogba is holding a different finger up in this incident, and he did can banned for 3 games for this incident in the picture, as this was the game where the Burnley fans dropped a pile of money onto the pitch and Didier decided to give them one back a la Carragher.

However please let me know if you want me to delete this so as to help accentuate the Scouse paranoia!  :)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gawa316

Got this from another forum

Brian Kettle on Twitter is some man for the fishing..

ATTENTION MAINSTREAM FOOTBALL WRITERS: Here's a quick rundown of "offensive gesture" incidents to help your write your Suarez stories properly:

9 May 2011: Manchester United and England player Wayne Rooney is photographed and videotaped making a clear V-sign toward Chelsea fans. FA decides not to take action.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...n-chelsea-fans
17 December 2007: Chelsea and England player Ashley Cole is photographed making a clear V-sign toward Arsenal fans. There is no immediately available record of the FA taking any action.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/232...-fall-out.html

19 January 2010: Manchester United and England player Gary Neville is photographed clearly extending a middle finger toward Manchester City's Carlos Tevez in full view of fans, at the end of a heated local derby. There is no immediately available record of the FA taking any action.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...oberto-mancini
There's the hard part done for you. Now do your jobs. Find out whether Cole and Neville were punished -- Cole for doing precisely what Suarez is accused of, Neville for doing something similar and surely no more excusable.

If you find that they were indeed punished, then inform us, and demand the same for Suarez.

If you find that they were not, demand equal treatment for Suarez, regardless of the fact that he is your pantomime villain and does not play his international football for England.

My view is that there is no place for gestures in football like this and probably should come with a ban but the process needs to be consistent. If these 3 get off why shouldn't Suarez?

EC Unique

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 07, 2011, 03:27:13 AM

Ah now Carmen, wise up would ye. The latest incident for chipmonk is just at the top of the list of trampish behaviour by the little scut. He will get what is coming to him sooner or later.

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on December 07, 2011, 09:37:42 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 07, 2011, 03:27:13 AM

Ah now Carmen, wise up would ye. The latest incident for chipmonk is just at the top of the list of trampish behaviour by the little scut. He will get what is coming to him sooner or later.

Explain EC?

EC Unique

I mean the FA will get fed up and he will get a ban. You have to admit he is far from a model professional.

Bingo

You said it was the latest in a long line of trampish behaviour - you've provided no detail and certainly the two biggest incidents have nothing to do with the FA - World Cup hand ball (if Rooney done the same for United in a CL semi-final, you'd bend over for him) and his biting was heavily dealt with by the Dutch FA.

The Evra thing has yet to be proven and is far from a clear cut case, otherwise it would have been sorted by now.

As for not been professional - he has been totally professional in his performances for Liverpool, fully committed and a huge desire to win.

Carmen Stateside

EC singing from slur Alexs hymn book. I think you actually have great admiration for El Pistolero!

highorlow

You wouldn't have this in a proper mans game like gaelic.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

supersub

Quote from: EC Unique on December 06, 2011, 05:42:49 PM
Quote from: supersub on December 06, 2011, 03:36:42 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 06, 2011, 02:47:55 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 06, 2011, 02:11:45 PM
Those pictures of Suarez last night don't prove anything. Just poor timing. In Uruguay, they always take their gloves off finger by finger, with the middle finger done last. it's a cultural misunderstanding.

:D :D

He keeps on making headlines for the wrong reasons. A good manager would be having a word at this stage. Wonder what Queen Kenny will do.

On another note Queen Kenny is only 4 points better off than ''does not understand the Liverpool way'' Woy was at the same stage last year. Some saviour :D :D

Liverpool.... Always good for a laugh.

You obviously know what has been said or not said to the player then aye?

At this stage last season Liverpool were in the bottom half of the table, playing atrociously bad football, had so much dead wood in the squad/on the pitch it was unreal, there was no sign of any progress on or off the field and everyone was on a down about the club. This season yes some results haven't been great, but performances have been 100% better than last season at this stage and everyone looks like they want to play for the club. In addition to this there is far less dead wood, more quality and competition in the squad and we are playing good football, not to mention have the best defensive record in the league. Goals is the problem at the moment. Ah and we have owners who actually care about the welfare of the club. I think quite good progress has been made since this stage last season!

Can you not read? 
''Wonder what Queen Kenny will do.''

Yes I can read, can you not understand? How do you know he hasn't already said something to Suarez? No that's right, you don't.

Minder

Suarez & Liverpool charged (for not controlling players after the Spearing red card)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

junior9

Did the FA fine or ban David Beckham for giving the finger to the England fans at Euro 2000?  I don't think they did.  I think Suarez was out of order giving the finger however you can't have one rule for one and one for the others.  Suarez should declare for England and become captain, that way he can give the fingers and racially abuse all he likes because the FA allow you do that if you're England captain ;)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Bingo on December 07, 2011, 10:56:34 AM
You said it was the latest in a long line of trampish behaviour - you've provided no detail and certainly the two biggest incidents have nothing to do with the FA - World Cup hand ball (if Rooney done the same for United in a CL semi-final, you'd bend over for him) and his biting was heavily dealt with by the Dutch FA.

The Evra thing has yet to be proven and is far from a clear cut case, otherwise it would have been sorted by now.

As for not been professional - he has been totally professional in his performances for Liverpool, fully committed and a huge desire to win.

He also was caught on camera pulling an opponents hair in a game earlier this year too, not to mention his selective balance.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

new devil

Bit harsh...Happens up and down the country every weekend...