The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: EC Unique on December 06, 2011, 10:39:08 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 06, 2011, 08:38:52 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 06, 2011, 06:07:04 AM
Bad news re Suarez. More controversy as he is caught giving the bird to the Fulham support!

I would guess he can expect a ban for that. There is definitely a trampish element to him.

You would know
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Norf Tyrone

FULHAM fans took one of their turns last night.

Fulham fan Roy Hobbs required a second glass of sherry
Liverpool player Luis Suarez made a ghastly gesture towards the supporters of the west London club causing many of them to touch their forehead with back of their hand and collapse into the arms of a gallant friend.

Nathan Muir, a Craven Cottagist, said: "I have never seen anything so beastly in all my days. What a thoroughly horrid individual.

"As he left the playing surface I gently called out 'go f**k yourself, you dago bastard' and he responded in the most disgusting and ungentlemanly fashion.

"I felt the blood drain from my face and my knees buckled. I truly felt I may expire."

Stephen Malley, Muir's dashing second cousin and a lieutenant in the Grenadier Guards, added: "Poor, dear, sweet Nathan fainted dead into my arms. It was all I could do to get him to a place of safety and give him some air.

"You mark my words, if I catch the blighter I'll give him a thrashing he won't forget in a hurry."

Bill McKay, who has a ticket for the season, said: "I shall be writing to the editor of The Times.

"Things have come to a pretty pass when a game of decent English football cannot be dispatched without some grease-ridden parvenu debasing the public morals."

The Footballing Association has launched a commission of inquiry into the gesture and could even recommend that Senor Suarez be ignored when promenading in St James's Park of a Sunday afternoon.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Those pictures of Suarez last night don't prove anything. Just poor timing. In Uruguay, they always take their gloves off finger by finger, with the middle finger done last. it's a cultural misunderstanding.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 06, 2011, 02:11:45 PM
Those pictures of Suarez last night don't prove anything. Just poor timing. In Uruguay, they always take their gloves off finger by finger, with the middle finger done last. it's a cultural misunderstanding.

:D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

:D :D

He keeps on making headlines for the wrong reasons. A good manager would be having a word at this stage. Wonder what Queen Kenny will do.

On another note Queen Kenny is only 4 points better off than ''does not understand the Liverpool way'' Woy was at the same stage last year. Some saviour :D :D

Liverpool.... Always good for a laugh.

highorlow

Suarez is only pointing out his freak ears to the fans.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ludermor

Quote from: EC Unique on December 06, 2011, 02:47:55 PM

He keeps on making headlines for the wrong reasons. A good manager would be having a word at this stage. Wonder what Queen Kenny will do.

On another note Queen Kenny is only 4 points better off than ''does not understand the Liverpool way'' Woy was at the same stage last year. Some saviour :D :D

And after 14 games they are nearer the bottom team than the top team pointswise.

supersub

You obviously know what has been said or not said to the player then aye?

At this stage last season Liverpool were in the bottom half of the table, playing atrociously bad football, had so much dead wood in the squad/on the pitch it was unreal, there was no sign of any progress on or off the field and everyone was on a down about the club. This season yes some results haven't been great, but performances have been 100% better than last season at this stage and everyone looks like they want to play for the club. In addition to this there is far less dead wood, more quality and competition in the squad and we are playing good football, not to mention have the best defensive record in the league. Goals is the problem at the moment. Ah and we have owners who actually care about the welfare of the club. I think quite good progress has been made since this stage last season!

Captain Obvious

Said on the SKY this time last season Liverpool were 9th after 14 games only 9 points off the leaders compared to now 7th 15 points behind the leaders.

Minder

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 06, 2011, 05:16:43 PM
Said on the SKY this time last season Liverpool were 9th after 14 games only 9 points off the leaders compared to now 7th 15 points behind the leaders.

The start City have made would skew that slightly.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: supersub on December 06, 2011, 03:36:42 PM

You obviously know what has been said or not said to the player then aye?

At this stage last season Liverpool were in the bottom half of the table, playing atrociously bad football, had so much dead wood in the squad/on the pitch it was unreal, there was no sign of any progress on or off the field and everyone was on a down about the club. This season yes some results haven't been great, but performances have been 100% better than last season at this stage and everyone looks like they want to play for the club. In addition to this there is far less dead wood, more quality and competition in the squad and we are playing good football, not to mention have the best defensive record in the league. Goals is the problem at the moment. Ah and we have owners who actually care about the welfare of the club. I think quite good progress has been made since this stage last season!

Can you not read? 
''Wonder what Queen Kenny will do.''

Evil Genius

Quote from: Minder on December 06, 2011, 05:21:23 PM

The start City have made would skew that slightly.
Not really.

For if you bypass M.City, Liverpool are still 10 points behind MU in 2nd place and 8 points behind Spurs in 3rd (but who have a game in hand - a winnable home vs Everton).

In fact if you discounted M.City entirely, Liverpool's League position would be even worse, since City only drew at Anfield, whereas they've already hammered both MU at OT and Spurs at WHL this season.

No matter how you look at it, Liverpool's great (initial) revival under King Kenny is slowing somewhat - what statisticians call "reverting to the mean", I believe.

My prediction is that they'll finish 6th - ahead of Newcastle, but still behind "The Big Five" (and possibly some way behind, at that).
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

GalwayBayBoy

Yet Liverpool have played way way better the first half of this season compared to the same time last year and the fans can judge this with their own eyes. This time last year we were getting gubbed at home by the likes of Blackpool and Northampton Town. And not just beaten we were easily second best in the vast majority of games we played. This season I have to say we've actually played very well in nearly all our games apart from the Spurs match when we were awful. Liverpool probably haven't got the points total that their football has deserved so far. They lead the league in the amount of times they have hit the woodwork (twice more last night). Granted you could put that down to poor finishing as much as bad luck. Certainly a lack of goals compared to the amount of chances we create is now becoming a problem.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 06, 2011, 08:06:14 PM

Yet Liverpool have played way way better the first half of this season compared to the same time last year and the fans can judge this with their own eyes. This time last year we were getting gubbed at home by the likes of Blackpool and Northampton Town. And not just beaten we were easily second best in the vast majority of games we played. This season I have to say we've actually played very well in nearly all our games apart from the Spurs match when we were awful. Liverpool probably haven't got the points total that their football has deserved so far. They lead the league in the amount of times they have hit the woodwork (twice more last night). Granted you could put that down to poor finishing as much as bad luck. Certainly a lack of goals compared to the amount of chances we create is now becoming a problem.

Liverpool's Football has improved probably due to better squad. After the City game some of the players & Dalglish seemed very pleased with a draw in a game where two points was dropped.

Over the years Liverpool have beaten better teams than City at home, performance means little as it's a results game at the end of the day! for a club of Liverpool's stature two wins from seven home games is simply not good enough & that's why they find themselves 15 points behind the leaders.

Carmen Stateside

Just for EC and his trampish behaviour comments: