The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I think it's fairly obvious Carroll isn't going to work out at Liverpool.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on December 05, 2011, 11:05:41 PM
I think it's fairly obvious Carroll isn't going to work out at Liverpool.
Give Kenneth a buzz and tell him.

trileacman

Very dissappointing. By right lpool should have scored before the red card. Kuyt is deadwood, needs to be let go.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: everymanaman on December 05, 2011, 10:18:27 PM
Spearing got the ball all right but absolutely no need for the follow through like that. Knew exactly what he was doing. Those are the ones that break legs or ankles. Deserved to go
Completely disagree,shocking decision,never a red card
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

Bad news re Suarez. More controversy as he is caught giving the bird to the Fulham support!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hashtag

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 05, 2011, 11:11:35 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on December 05, 2011, 10:18:27 PM
Spearing got the ball all right but absolutely no need for the follow through like that. Knew exactly what he was doing. Those are the ones that break legs or ankles. Deserved to go
Completely disagree,shocking decision,never a red card

Back page of papers this morning show ref was spot on with this decision. Can't get the picture linked but both feet off the ground. Good decision.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/liverpool/

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 06, 2011, 06:07:04 AM
Bad news re Suarez. More controversy as he is caught giving the bird to the Fulham support!

#newbridgeornowhere

Hashtag

He is on a bit of a dry streak as well. Is that seven games without a goal?

Andy Carroll is so static. Everyone talks about Torres and his lack of goals at the minute, but when he plays he is on the move trying to move into channels. Carroll just stands there. I was suprised at him starting last night. Sendros and Hangland were made for him.

AZOffaly

I actually thought Liverpool were quite good last night. They play nice football again, which is a welcome development after the Houllier and Benitez years from that perspective. Patience is a rare virtue these days, and because nearly every game is on TV good and bad results get magnified to crazy levels.

If Kenny keeps the faith in the way they are playing, Liverpool will continue to develop, and that's what we want to see. Nobody thought Liverpool were going to win the league this season, but if they continue to progress in their style of play, and the players get more comfortable, then a top 4 finish is still achievable and you can build from there.

I will say that I am starting to get worried about Andy Carroll. Not because his form is bad, that can happen anybody, but I don't see how he fits in this team when Liverpool are playing well. Torres/Fowler/Owen would be the sort of striker that would thrive on the interplay that Bellemy, Suarez, Adam and co provide. If LFC start trying to play to Carroll's strengths, which would be playing off him, getting to the byeline and whipping in crosses, then you start to go away from Suarez's strengths.

If Carroll is to fit into the team, he needs to play games, lots of them, and he and Liverpool will have to adapt to each other. No point banging big high balls up to him, except as a last resort, so he'll have to start coming deep, holding the ball up,laying off and getting in the box to be on the end of any moves. That's a big change from the way he's playing at the moment.

AZOffaly

By the way, I thought Spearing was reckless enough and while he could have gotten away with it, he can't really complain too much about the red. There was actually no need for the follow through as he had won the ball quite comfortably.

Bingo

Sickened over that result last night, until the sending up we were in control I thought or at least looking the more likely although they did seem to get some joy in the central areas.

Mistakes cost us - Reina for the goal, Adam not feeding Bellamy. But ref was terrible - i fail to see how the foul on Adam was outside the box, the line is part of the box. Suarez too had a decent shout for a peno, Senderos pulled down Carroll off the ball, was already booked, ref give free but that was it.
Still not taking our chances and it is telling.

Sending off   - refs giving cards for these all year, I think spearing expected the Fulham player to get to the ball at same time as him and went with force to win it, his follow through done the harm, don't think there was intent just a desire to win the ball.

EC Unique

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 06, 2011, 08:38:52 AM

I would guess he can expect a ban for that. There is definitely a trampish element to him.

supersub

Quote from: EC Unique on December 06, 2011, 10:39:08 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 06, 2011, 08:38:52 AM

I would guess he can expect a ban for that. There is definitely a trampish element to him.

Trampish? Wouldn't say that.

talk about the follow through, did you see how much your man jumped when there was contact after the tackle? joke. He got the ball and did follow through indeed but it was momentum and nothing else. Rodwell got away with it after his red card this should be the same

under the bar

suarez came with a tramps reputation and has managed to cement it within a few months.  hearing the truth from the fulham fans obviously hurt.