The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky Mc Guigan

Bit optimistic to say Suarez might score 40 goals this season particularly when he does an impersonation of Diana Ross at the 94 world cup

gawa316

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 14, 2011, 06:33:39 PM
To be honest, whilst there was a bit of contact, i thought that Suarez dived, as evidenced by both legs being completely straight when he ''fell''.

Your the only person I have heard say Suarez dived. It was obvious there was contact and it should've been a red

ross4life

Quote from: gawa316 on August 14, 2011, 06:48:45 PM
To be honest, whilst there was a bit of contact, i thought that Suarez dived, as evidenced by both legs being completely straight when he ''fell''.

Your the only person I have heard say Suarez dived. It was obvious there was contact and it should've been a red
Suarez made the most of it but it wasn't a dive, Richardson ran across Suarez path & caught him on the ankle unintentionally. IMO penalty,yellow card was the correct call & in situation like that it's rare you see a player getting a red.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

He exaggerated his fall alright but he was defintely fouled. Denied a goalscoring chance so defender must walk. Dowd motioned that the reason he didn't give Richardson a red was that Suarez was heading away from goal which is a bit weak as he was trying to knock the ball around the keeper. Think Dowd just bottled it as it was only a couple of minutes into the game.

AZOffaly

ross, no harm and I think it's harsh, but 'in situations like that it's rare you see a player getting a red card' ????? I think that 9 times out of 10 if a player is straight through and is deemed to have been brought down it's a red card. The only time I've ever seen it not be is where the ref says there was a 'covering' defender.

ross4life

AZ, Like i said IMO i thought it was unintentional trip & the ref must have seen it that way deeming a yellow/penalty was enough punishment, if the foul was done on purpose it would/should have been a red card no doubt.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on August 14, 2011, 10:04:09 PM
AZ, Like i said IMO i thought it was unintentional trip & the ref must have seen it that way deeming a yellow/penalty was enough punishment, if the foul was done on purpose it would/should have been a red card no doubt.

No he motioned that it was because Suarez was heading away from goal. I don't think intentional or unintentional foul came into his thinking. Either way he fouled him when clean through on goal. You do that and you will get a red card more often than not.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 14, 2011, 11:07:56 PM

No he motioned that it was because Suarez was heading away from goal. I don't think intentional or unintentional foul came into his thinking. Either way he fouled him when clean through on goal. You do that and you will get a red card more often than not.
while i think it would have been a harsh red card, the referee , if applying the rules properly ,should have sent him off. Suarez would almost definatly have scored if he hadnt been clipped by richardson.
Saying that, Adam should have hit the penalty and it all may not have mattered so much!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Same old league as last year it seems - Liverpool struggle to kill teams off and can't take points when they mightn't deserve them. Chelsea and Arsenal struggle to break down teams in tricky away tie. Utd can pull a victory out in the last ten minutes through Mr. OG just when the other team starts to look comfortable.

I've little doubt that United will win the league this year, easier than last. They'll manage with Vidic and Rio out this year, not sure they'd have managed last year.

Carmen Stateside

cant beleive i am responding to this but, "unintentional trip", seriously is your f**king eyes painted on your face!

ross4life

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 15, 2011, 10:58:18 AM

cant beleive i am responding to this but, "unintentional trip", seriously is your f**king eyes painted on your face!

The beautiful thing about discussion boards is people will have different opinions, that was my honest opinion & my eyes are not painted on but thanks for asking.

Quote from: Bingo on August 15, 2011, 10:34:10 AM
Same old league as last year it seems -Utd can pull a victory out in the last ten minutes through Mr. OG just when the other team starts to look comfortable.

Your getting the seasons mixed up Bingo, i can't remember many OGs last season for United.

Tony Baloney

From @LFC. #jft96

Please sign this petition. Think it is very important that we support this. epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 18, 2011, 12:59:29 AM
From @LFC. #jft96

Please sign this petition. Think it is very important that we support this. epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199

Done, agree it is important to sign it. See Joey Barton giving it a lot of coverage on Twitter, fair play to him.

quit yo jibbajabba

see big dave may be on the way out; in talks with bolton;

happy enough, likeable enough chap id say, and hope he does well if he does move, just think again that we need to aim that bit higher as regards back up; he was a bit lightweight at times, though had been improving in this area....again, it hopefully frees up funds etc to make more moves in the transfer market

Hashtag

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 18, 2011, 10:54:17 AM
see big dave may be on the way out; in talks with bolton;

happy enough, likeable enough chap id say, and hope he does well if he does move, just think again that we need to aim that bit higher as regards back up; he was a bit lightweight at times, though had been improving in this area....again, it hopefully frees up funds etc to make more moves in the transfer market

I think he will do well at another club. Bolton could be ideal for him. He will get plenty of first team chances there.

Any word of the betting for the Liverpool Arsenal game? Would like to see how the bookies see it.