The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 26, 2010, 07:12:24 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 26, 2010, 07:09:31 PM

If I was asked who I'd prefer I'd certainly go for Hodgson as he's probably in a better position to understand what is needed at Liverpool at the minute.

Its great that a Man United fan is so concerned about Liverpool  :)

Well obviously Sammy Lee is my first choice ;D

Thought the whole point of an internet forum was healthy debate?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 27, 2010, 04:30:26 PM
Capello could be looking for a job soon!!
Joking aside if Capello does quit then I reckon Hodgson would be England first choice, would he pick England over Liverpool?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

Hodgson is a very proud Englishman, I'd say he would although would he really want that English tabloid culture on his door step?
#newbridgeornowhere

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 27, 2010, 04:37:04 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 27, 2010, 04:30:26 PM
Capello could be looking for a job soon!!
Joking aside if Capello does quit then I reckon Hodgson would be England first choice, would he pick England over Liverpool?

Please God!

under the bar

Surely Harry Redknapp would be the first choice of the English managers.

muppet

Quote from: under the bar on June 27, 2010, 05:46:02 PM
Surely Harry Redknapp would be the first choice of the English managers.

And that sums up the problem nicely.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

How about Capello for Liverpool and Hodgson for England?

I know there's a picture back there about Alonso saying 'And he replaced me with Lucas', but a different thought struck me after watching Spain v Chile and England v Germany. That thought was 'Benitez unsettled Alonso by going after Barry?' We've seen Alonso absolutely dictate games from that position, popping passes around and linking up everything, and then we've seen Barry.

That's a bigger indictment of Benitez than Lucas.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2010, 10:59:25 AM

I know there's a picture back there about Alonso saying 'And he replaced me with Lucas', but a different thought struck me after watching Spain v Chile and England v Germany. That thought was 'Benitez unsettled Alonso by going after Barry?' We've seen Alonso absolutely dictate games from that position, popping passes around and linking up everything, and then we've seen Barry.

I accept what you're saying but Barry isn't the only English player who's coming back with a diminshed reputation.

Norf Tyrone

The most emabarassing image of the WC to date is Barry coming across to close down that fourth goal, and slowly realising that he was nowhere near it!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 28, 2010, 11:08:57 AM

I accept what you're saying but Barry isn't the only English player who's coming back with a diminshed reputation.

Far from it. But it just shows how ludicrous it is that we unsettled our best midfielder in order to pursue someone who isn't half the passer/player Alonso is.

heganboy

apparently Dalglish is unhappy with the imminent Hodgson appointment and feels the whole process is being poorly handled. Has threatened to walk from the club if Roy gets the job...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: heganboy on June 28, 2010, 05:37:34 PM
apparently Dalglish is unhappy with the imminent Hodgson appointment and feels the whole process is being poorly handled. Has threatened to walk from the club if Roy gets the job...

If Kenny goes, you may say goodbye to Gerard.  I don't know if Roy will get it.  I reckon he will hold fire until the England job is confirmed or not for Capello.  Capello had a very interesting Press Conference today where he said that the FA were waiting for 2 weeks before confirming what was happening with him.  He is a dead man walking in that job and will be handed his P45 before the plane lands back.  I reckon Hodgson would like the job, safe pair of hands too so English FA might like him.  That frees up Capello for a club, would he be right for Liverpool?  I don't think Gerard would like him as manager but Carra did come back to play for him so who knows? 

Anyway, on the WC front, Skittles coming back today so he can rest a bit and get ready for the new season.  Now all we need is the Spain to go out in the next round against Portugal as Kuyt and Masch are already Inter players so are no concern anymore :P

charlie stubbs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8721942.stm

looks like hodgson.  not my ideal choice, but willing to give a chance.  his experience of working off a shoestring budget may have been telling...

Turf Wars