The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Hopefully after a long hard pre season your material will have improved for the new season.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bensars

brokencrossbar1

Apparently there ia a transfer embargo until after a new manager is put in place.  May be a good thing if the w**ks can't sell players from under the nose of the club but it could mean that some potentials may be lost out on.  I can't see agents however stopping making "deals" with a view to them being formalised once the new man comes in.

Seriously pissed off at the minute with the lack of everything from Anfield >:(

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: paco on June 18, 2010, 05:54:13 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 18, 2010, 02:51:37 PM
Today's game was the first I have seen of Jovanovic and he looks a good acquisition, particulalry on a free.  Strong on the ball, clever and nows were the goal is.  Definitely a good addition on today's showing.

Might have to buy back Crouchy though and get rid of Torres :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ3haDsIZvo

I heard them saying at the first Serbia game that his signing was Benitez's idea and, since he's left now, it's not set in stone and he may want to take him to Inter instead.

This is true, it's actully in a paper today that he might end up going to Inter with Rafa
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 23, 2010, 01:09:05 PM
Quote from: paco on June 18, 2010, 05:54:13 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 18, 2010, 02:51:37 PM
Today's game was the first I have seen of Jovanovic and he looks a good acquisition, particulalry on a free.  Strong on the ball, clever and nows were the goal is.  Definitely a good addition on today's showing.

Might have to buy back Crouchy though and get rid of Torres :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ3haDsIZvo

I heard them saying at the first Serbia game that his signing was Benitez's idea and, since he's left now, it's not set in stone and he may want to take him to Inter instead.

This is true, it's actully in a paper today that he might end up going to Inter with Rafa

I read a translation of the original interview he gave about maybe not coing to Liverpool and what he said apparently was that he had signed a pre contract agreement with Liverpool not Rafa , Rafa was now at Inter, if the new Liverpool manager wanted him at the club he would be at the club.

Papers filling column inches.

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on June 23, 2010, 12:43:48 PM
Hopefully after a long hard pre season your material will have improved for the new season.

I'll do my best Minder :D

Thought it was not that bad!!

isourboydownyet

i know theres always plenty of rumours doing the rounds but i have heard from a very reliable source involved with lfc that within a couple of weeks the club will be sold to a middle east outfit for 535mil,the banks are demanding the yanks sell at this price,i normally take these rumours with a pinch of salt but hopefully this will become reality.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: isourboydownyet on June 23, 2010, 03:49:32 PM
i know theres always plenty of rumours doing the rounds but i have heard from a very reliable source involved with lfc that within a couple of weeks the club will be sold to a middle east outfit for 535mil,the banks are demanding the yanks sell at this price,i normally take these rumours with a pinch of salt but hopefully this will become reality.

That rumor has been floated by your man "in the know" who runs koptalk.com(replace with kraptalk.com at any time.)  Will believe it the days the Yanks are on the boat with their tails shoved up their holes!

isourboydownyet

yeah i hear you,just hoping thats it becomes a reality but my source is big involved with LFC TV so more reliable than most,heres hoping.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 23, 2010, 03:56:10 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on June 23, 2010, 03:49:32 PM

That rumor has been floated by your man "in the know" who runs koptalk.com(replace with kraptalk.com at any time.)  Will believe it the days the Yanks are on the boat with their tails shoved up their holes!

Yeah wouldn't believe a word that twat says. He's been exposed as a fraud years ago.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: isourboydownyet on June 23, 2010, 04:00:56 PM
yeah i hear you,just hoping thats it becomes a reality but my source is big involved with LFC TV so more reliable than most,heres hoping.

Here's hoping.  Shame England look like they are going through as having the lads back early would be nice.

Bensars

http://www.koptalk.co.uk/201006242395/Liverpool-FC-News/excl usive-roy-hodgson-appointed-new-liverpool-manager.html

QuoteEXCLUSIVE: Roy Hodgson appointed new Liverpool manager
24 June 2010
KOPTALK can exclusively reveal that Roy Hodgson has been appointed as the new manager of Liverpool Football Club.

The Fulham manager was always the bookies favourite to land the job despite the Reds having considered several alternatives including former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini.

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish wanted the job but was turned down flat by the current Anfield board. Hodgson's first job will be to try and persuade his friend to remain at the club.

Dalglish has so far rejected the opportunity to be appointed as Director of Football but maybe he will reconsider when things settle down.

Hodgson has agreed terms with Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow but no official announcement will be made until Fulham and Liverpool finalise a compensation payment.

more to follow... 

Hound

Koptalk is wholly and utterly unreliable.

But this makey-uppey story is a gamble that can't go wrong.

Everyone knows Hodgson is favourite and its probably 50/50 whether he'll get the job. If he doesnt get it, Koptalk's reputation remains as it is (rock bottom). He he does get it, then Koptalk will claim they were on the inside track and they broke the story.

brokencrossbar1

Quotehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8721942.stm

Roy Hodgson in line to become new Liverpool manager

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is the strong favourite to become the next manager of Liverpool, BBC Sport understands.

An announcement is not expected over the weekend, unless developments progress rapidly over the coming days.

The Reds are still exploring options as they search for a successor to Spaniard Rafael Benitez, whose six-year reign ended earlier this month.

There are another two candidates in the running but former Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is not one of them.

Hodgson has remained tight-lipped over rumours linking him with the vacant Liverpool job.

"I'm Fulham manager. I'm perfectly happy at Fulham," the BBC World Cup pundit told presenter Gary Lineker in Cape Town recently. "There's a lot of speculation but I can't enlighten you."

After six years in charge, Benitez left Liverpool by mutual consent and has since joined Champions League winners Inter Milan.

The hugely experienced Hodgson has been in charge of Fulham since December 2007, signing a new 12-month rolling contract in December 2009.

Although he suffered a difficult start to his tenure - winning only nine points from his first 13 league matches - he saved the club from relegation that season, securing survival on the final day of the campaign.

The following season he steered the club to seventh place in the Premier League in 2009 - their highest finish - and a place in the Europa League.

The 62-year-old's achievement in guiding Fulham to the final of that competition last season - beating Juventus and Wolfsburg on route - saw him named manager of the year by the League Manager's Association.

Among the previous clubs Hodgson has managed are Italian giants Inter Milan and Blackburn, while he has also taken charge of Switzerland, who he guided to the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini, ex-Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, Croatia coach Slaven Bilic and former Manchester City manager Mark Hughes have all been linked with the Liverpool post.

Carmen Stateside

Its looking like its going to be Roy. Depressing really when you compare him with Rafa.
Despite this he will still have my support.  Problem is will Gerrard, Torres support him?