The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Real Laoislad

Looks like Roy it is so..
Can't say I'm overly excited about the prospect,but I did say at the start I wouldn't mind him getting the job,certainly prefer him to Martin O'Neill.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

118cmal

Are there any of the Fulham players you wouldn't mind seeing Woy take with him?  Zamora?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 118cmal on June 25, 2010, 07:16:55 PM
Are there any of the Fulham players you wouldn't mind seeing Woy take with him?  Zamora?

Danny Murphy :P  WOuld like to see Hangeland come in for the centre back position and that would really be all.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 25, 2010, 07:20:55 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on June 25, 2010, 07:16:55 PM

Danny Murphy :P  WOuld like to see Hangeland come in for the centre back position and that would really be all.

great call that. A good player that man. A Hypia type of boy.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Real Laoislad

Speculation has been rife over who will take charge at Anfield since Rafael Benitez left the club at the beginning of the month, with Kenny Dalglish and Roy Hodgson among the current frontrunners.

However, there are now claims Deschamps is the man Liverpool want.

"It's true, Liverpool's executive director, Christian Purslow, called me Thursday morning," the OM president told L'Equipe. "He speaks French very well, is very polite.

"I was expecting his call because I had heard of Liverpool's interest in Didier. He asked me if I would allow him to meet Didier and (agent) Jean-Pierre Bernes.

"I replied that I would never forbid anyone from meeting whoever.

"I also kindly indicated to him that there wasn't the slightest chance for him to pinch our coach. Even in his dreams."

Deschamps' contract runs out at the end of next season and he is yet to pen an extension.

However, Dassier is confident of keeping the former Marseille midfielder.

He continued: "With Didier, we have a trusting relationship.

"I hope he will commit himself to us for another year. I'm not worried.

"It's true also that Didier is flattered to see a great European club interested in him."

Deschamps is regarded as one of Europe's best young managers and has had an impressive start to his career since taking over the reins at Monaco in 2001.

He steered the principality side to the Coupe de la Ligue title just two years after taking his first managerial post and led them to the Champions League final the following season.

The former France international, who won the World Cup and European Championship in an illustrious playing career, then helped Juventus to the Serie B title in his one season at the Bianconeri.

The 41-year-old took charge at Marseille last summer and led them to their first Ligue 1 title in 18 years.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Maybe its not going to be Roy after all, maybe he has turned it down :-\
DD would be an iinteresting choice, i know feck all about his management skills but i personally would rather he got the job.

Carmen Stateside

Plus just checked DD management career,
Monaco
1 × French League Cup: 2002–03
1 × UEFA Champions League Finalist: 2003–04
Juventus
1 × Serie B: 2006–07
Marseille
1 × French Ligue 1: 2009–10
1 × French League Cup: 2009–10

Roy Hodgson
Halmstads
Swedish football champions (2): 1976, 1979
Allsvenskan (2): 1976, 1979
Malmö FF
Swedish football champions (2): 1986, 1988
Allsvenskan (4): 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
Svenska Cupen (2): 1985–86, 1988–89
Copenhagen
Danish Superliga (1): 2000–01
Danish Super Cup (1): 2001
Fulham
LMA Manager of the Year (1): 2010
UEFA Europa League Finalists (1): 2010

Top Level my arse   :D

EC Unique

I guess like most big player transfers this new manager appointment might wait until after the WC is over?

under the bar

Boycey

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 26, 2010, 05:48:51 PM
Plus just checked DD management career,
Monaco
1 × French League Cup: 2002–03
1 × UEFA Champions League Finalist: 2003–04
Juventus
1 × Serie B: 2006–07
Marseille
1 × French Ligue 1: 2009–10
1 × French League Cup: 2009–10

Roy Hodgson
Halmstads
Swedish football champions (2): 1976, 1979
Allsvenskan (2): 1976, 1979
Malmö FF
Swedish football champions (2): 1986, 1988
Allsvenskan (4): 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
Svenska Cupen (2): 1985–86, 1988–89
Copenhagen
Danish Superliga (1): 2000–01
Danish Super Cup (1): 2001
Fulham
LMA Manager of the Year (1): 2010
UEFA Europa League Finalists (1): 2010

Top Level my arse   :D

That Wikipedia is great.

Wasn't the real point I was making though, DD is a good up and coming manager and might be worth a punt for Liverpool but you didn't know that but randomly thought he was better than Roy Hodgson because he was French?? a World Cup winner? quite a good player???

Hodgson is a good manager and has served his time has managed Inter (twice), Udinese, managed Switzerland to decent perfromances in both World Cup and European Championships, has served his time in premiership (Blackburn and Fulham) and is highly regarded amongst his peers so I'd say he has plenty of top level experience.

If I was asked who I'd prefer I'd certainly go for Hodgson as he's probably in a better position to understand what is needed at Liverpool at the minute.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on June 26, 2010, 07:09:31 PM

If I was asked who I'd prefer I'd certainly go for Hodgson as he's probably in a better position to understand what is needed at Liverpool at the minute.

Its great that a Man United fan is so concerned about Liverpool  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Boycey

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 26, 2010, 07:12:24 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 26, 2010, 07:09:31 PM

Its great that a Man United fan is so concerned about Liverpool  :)

Well obviously Sammy Lee is my first choice ;D

Thought the whole point of an internet forum was healthy debate?