The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

Quote from: EC Unique on January 30, 2010, 05:07:56 PM
I take it those are you next 3 league games? Massive games that will decide if 4th is a possibility or not. Would want 7 points at least. If Rafa is wise he will give the reserves a run out in the Europa.

Maybe you should contact him and tell him oh great wise one  :D

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on January 30, 2010, 05:07:56 PM
I take it those are you next 3 league games? Massive games that will decide if 4th is a possibility or not. Would want 7 points at least. If Rafa is wise he will give the reserves a run out in the Europa.

These are the February fixtures:

Saturday, 6 February 2010
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Everton, 12:45

Wednesday, 10 February 2010
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal v Liverpool, 19:45

Thursday, 18 February 2010
Uefa Europa League
Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni, 32R, L1, 20:05

Sunday, 21 February 2010
Barclays Premier League
Man City v Liverpool, 15:00

Thursday, 25 February 2010
Uefa Europa League
Unirea Urziceni v Liverpool, 32R, L2, 18:00

Sunday, 28 February 2010
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Blackburn, 15:00

You make a fair point, but apart from not risking Torres, who will allegedly be back around the time of the 2nd leg UEFA cup match, I'd say they should put out strong sides in all the games. They have a weekend off after the Arsenal game and not too many of the players (the important ones at least) have played a very high percentage of this season's games (and those that have, like Kuyt or Carragher or Lucas, could easily be rested without fatally lowering the strength of the side). One would hope that they could build up a lead in the first leg of the UEFA cup game and be able to rest the players for the second game (not guaranteed by a long shot, obviously, given Liverpool's form and the fact that we know SFA about the Romanians), but by putting out reserves in the first leg, you run the risk of the season being absolutely and completely finished by the end of February if things don't go too good in the league, which is not beyond a stretch of the imagination at the moment.

Silky

Do the winners of the Europa League qualify for the Champions league next year? I think they might and if I'm right those games take on a whole new importance.

Geoff Tipps

QuoteDo the winners of the Europa League qualify for the Champions league next year? I think they might and if I'm right those games take on a whole new importance.

I'm afraid not!

bingobus

Solid if unspectatular win on Saturday. One positive was Stevie G starting to grow into the game and been a real menance to Botlon for last 30mins. Almost like he has more confidence his injury is behind him and he starting to play at 100%. Once again the Greek was great and gives leadership across the back four.

Don't expect much today as window closes. Not a whisper at this stage. One going seems to be 17 LB Chris Bucthman, a german. Off to Fulham, disappointed, always thought he looked good in academy games and few reserve outings.

Geoff Tipps

QuoteDon't expect much today as window closes. Not a whisper at this stage. One going seems to be 17 LB Chris Bucthman, a german. Off to Fulham, disappointed, always thought he looked good in academy games and few reserve outings.

Yeah don't get this. Thought he was one of the brightest prospects coming through. Only last year he was named by UEFA as one of their 10 stars of the future. I know that's no guarantee he's going to make it in the game but what's 100k if he does turn out to be a star??

blewuporstuffed

really thought there would have been one more player at least coming in to strengthen the squad, even if it was only a loan or for little money.
could have done worse than benny mccarthy for the couple of million west ham paid for him IMO, would have been ok as cover for torres.
only rumour at the moment is that rafa is talking to Olympiakos about right-back Vasilis Torosidis. never heard of him, must be as cover for johnson
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gawa316

Don't understand this right back talk at all, we have at least 5 players (when fit) who can play there Magic, Carra, Kelly, Degen and Darby, whereas at left back we have Insua and Aurelio ???

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bingobus on February 01, 2010, 12:21:17 PM
Don't expect much today as window closes. Not a whisper at this stage. One going seems to be 17 LB Chris Bucthman, a german. Off to Fulham, disappointed, always thought he looked good in academy games and few reserve outings.

Thet are not too happy on the forums about this. I've only seen him a couple of times but he's highly rated not just at the club but around Europe as well. Was one of Germany's best players at the last U17 European championships. Apparently his contract runs out in the Summer though so most are chalking it down to how badly the club is being run from top to bottom.

under the bar

Liverpool on cusp of a deal for Hunterlaar according to the radio

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2010, 01:15:46 PM
Don't understand this right back talk at all, we have at least 5 players (when fit) who can play there Magic, Carra, Kelly, Degen and Darby, whereas at left back we have Insua and Aurelio ???
yeah dont get it either, once the injuries clear up, i think they are well enough covered at RB, the young lads that came in did well.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Billys Boots

Breaking news, didn't know where else to put it - Exeter City have signed (for money) their first player in seven years.  :o
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

gawa316

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 01, 2010, 02:46:28 PM
Breaking news, didn't know where else to put it - Exeter City have signed (for money) their first player in seven years.  :o

You've probably posted it in the right section as that could be us in 7 years the way things are going :o

muppet

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 01, 2010, 02:46:28 PM

Insua?
MWWSI 2017

bingobus

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Minutes-from-Christian-Purslow-and-SOS-Meeting.html

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/SOS-comment-on-Christian-Purslow-Meeting.html

Minutes of meeting between SOS and Christian Purslow.

Interesting reading and he paints a picture of the owners leaving sooner rather than later or at least reducing their stake. The SOS minutes seem to be have CP in a more aggressive stance than his minutes. Been some dispute over the agreement of these minutes.