The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Klopp shown up to be average at best again.

Why people continually defend him is strange to say the least.

Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal fans all able to call it out when their managers arent up to it but Klopp has some vice like grip over supporters who continue to defend him.

J70

Quote from: Minus15 on February 05, 2017, 09:04:05 PM
Liverpool are going through a very bad spell. They have been moving in the right direction under Klopp and only the last month has shown otherwise. If he can overcome this stumble and get the team moving forward again then it will be a job well done but some things are worrying, perfectly summed up by Carragher today.

No fans claim that Klopp is superhuman and nor should anyone say he is clearly a bad manager. He was undoubtedly doing very well over the first half of the season and now he has a job on his hands to get back to those levels and make top 4.

If they don't, Klopp should still be there next season to sort it out and get rid of some players that clearly aren"t trusted to do the job. Provided he learns from this period and comes out the other side and continues to improve the team and performances as he has done overall since he has been there then that is progress and real Liverpool fans will back him for that. It's what real fans do. He is the manager and you have got to trust his judgement and have faith in him. He should not be devoid of critcism if it is warranted either but some so called fans here are queing up to say I told you so when Liverpool lose a game and are nowhere to be seen when the team performs.

In truth, very few managers leave clubs and are held in high esteem. An exit is usually because it goes wrong eventually most of the time.

So the likes of Stallion will probably be able to say he was right and Klopp was a bad manager at some stage.

Sure I could have said Pep was a terrible manager lucky to have good players playing for him for the last 8 or 9 years and now say I told you so. But that is just madness. Klopp has a record of playing good football and punching above his weight against teams with greater resources. He is exactly the type of manager a club like Liverpool needs and for now most of us real fans who actually give a f**k will back him. What are the alternatives? Alan Pardew or Big Sam? No thanks.

This current side needs to show more and the manager certainly needs to show that he can adapt and find solutions away from the system he favours in the short term as right now it is not working. We can all see that but it doesn't mean we have been wrong all along in saying that he has done well at Liverpool overall to date. This cannot be argued otherwise.

Don't go bringing sense and logic to the "debate" now! ;D

The Stallion

The Stallion

Quote from: Taylor on February 06, 2017, 09:04:24 AM

Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal fans all able to call it out when their managers arent up to it but Klopp has some vice like grip over supporters who continue to defend him.

Good point here. Unfortunately a significant portion of my fellow Liverpool supporters like to think they're "proper fans" and that they're is something worthy and admirable about blindly lauding everything the Liverpool manager does.

it is of course a moronic stance, and that these are the same idiots who thought Rodgers was a great manager makes it all the more staggering. You would think they would have learned their lesson from that farce.

Those of us capable of independent thought have known for over a year that Klopp is not a very good manager.

Taylor

Quote from: The Stallion on February 06, 2017, 11:13:00 AM

Good point here. Unfortunately a significant portion of my fellow Liverpool supporters like to think they're "proper fans" and that they're is something worthy and admirable about blindly lauding everything the Liverpool manager does.

it is of course a moronic stance, and that these are the same idiots who thought Rodgers was a great manager makes it all the more staggering. You would think they would have learned their lesson from that farce.

Those of us capable of independent thought have known for over a year that Klopp is not a very good manager.

I thought you were a bit of a sickener at the start and were on the wind up all the time however the more the season goes on the more your points are proving to be absolutely spot on.

J70

Yes, its better to resort to knee-jerk, short-sighted, dismissals instead of accepting (or is it understanding?) that football (and all sports) management is a process in which set-backs happen to all. Instant results, right now, yesterday, are all that can be tolerated, no matter what base one starts from or what progress has been visible.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Taylor on February 06, 2017, 11:26:36 AM

I thought you were a bit of a sickener at the start and were on the wind up all the time however the more the season goes on the more your points are proving to be absolutely spot on.

Is this an example of schizophrenia?

Taylor

How long has he been at Anfield now?
His record after 50 games is one of if not the worst of any top 7 manager - think I read somewhere it was worse than Moyes.
The red scum in Manchester were screaming to get shot of Moyes.

Maybe Liverpool supporters are happy with their lot and a top 6/7 finish is considered success?

NAG1

How can one person have so many accounts  ;) must be hard to keep track  ;D

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2017, 11:29:52 AM

I assumed so initially, but then a semi-sensible post in the US sports thread threw me off.

But this latest one has me convinced again.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2017, 11:29:52 AM

If StGalls, Taylor and Stallion aren't the same person they are definitely all from the same halting site.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: Taylor on February 06, 2017, 11:32:04 AM
How long has he been at Anfield now?
His record after 50 games is one of if not the worst of any top 7 manager - think I read somewhere it was worse than Moyes.
The red scum in Manchester were screaming to get shot of Moyes.

Maybe Liverpool supporters are happy with their lot and a top 6/7 finish is considered success?

Let's see... Moyes took over a (literal) championship-winning side and turned them into an also-ran.

Klopp took over a disjointed rabble and took them to two cup finals and got them playing the most stylish attacking football seen at Anfield since the late 80s (with the exception of the Suarez season) and currently, loss of form or not, has them in a position to mount a serious challenge for champions league qualification, something they've achieved only once since 2009.

We'll mark you down as "must do better" on this one.

magpie seanie

I think the only major criticism that could be made of Klopp at this stage is that he hasn't enough depth in his squad. He should have added a few more players last summer and definitely in January. Maybe the funds aren't there though.

J70

Sad part of this thread is that there could be plenty of proper discussion of the actual mistakes Klopp has made if it hadn't been hijacked by the attention whore and his alter ego/admirers. I've been partly to blame for that in responding to the gobshite.

The United thread had plenty such discussion earlier in the season without descending into "Mourinho-out" wind-ups.