The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Roma in 2002. It was so insane that when Gerard Houllier came out of the tunnel, the first game he had been at after his heart attack, the noise levels didn't rise. It had already been turned up to 11. What a night *sigh*

Bingo

Fulham at home in the league, last season of Houllier and what turned out to be Tiganas last match as Fulham manager. 3pm Saturday kick off.

Might have finished 2-0 Liverpool. My mate fell asleep for most of the second half. I'd 4 tickets home unusued, couldn't give them away.

gawa316

Best: Champions league semi v Chelski, was going great until ginge put through his own net. We were in the centenary for it and I can still see that twat cole's face running down the sideline celebrating the goal. Atmosphere before that was absolutely mental though and YNWA at the start had me close to tears (alcohol no doubt had a part to play!)

Worst: Was sat in the main stand (awful place) for a 0-0 v Birmingham, it was feckin freezing and the most boring match ever. Load of oul boys round us that told us to sit down and shut up, when we started with the chants. Scouse pie was the only highlight.

laoislad

Worst game I was at was a game v Sunderland.
I think it was a 1-0 win for Liverpool but I'm not 100% sure on that. It was a dreadful game. And as far as I remember it was Emile Heskeys first game for Liverpool.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minus15

Heskey won a pen early on in his first game, was against Sunderland alright. March 2000

rodney trotter

Rodgers must be leaving it until deadline day before he goes for a few defenders http://t.co/9kd6RqT9Z0

AZOffaly

Gone beyond a joke at this stage.

Let's review last season again for a minute. The best part of Liverpool's game was a pressing the play, winning the ball back and striking quickly. Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge had great seasons. Sterling and Coutinho and Henderson had very solid supporting seasons, and Stevie G did well in a certain role.

The worst part of Liverpool's game was defending, particularly from situations developing out wide, and bad defending cost LFC the league.

So, this summer we have lost our best attacking player, and have not improved the weakest area of the pitch.

That, to me, adds up as being not as good going forward, and just as bad at the back. We might be swapping places with United this season.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 25, 2014, 03:40:45 PM
Rodgers must be leaving it until deadline day before he goes for a few defenders http://t.co/9kd6RqT9Z0
the independant is no better than the mirror or some of the other tabloids as a source.
I fully expect Lovren to be signed in the next week, and Rodgers has pursued several left backs, so i cant see him letting the window close without getting one.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2014, 03:44:12 PM
Gone beyond a joke at this stage.

Let's review last season again for a minute. The best part of Liverpool's game was a pressing the play, winning the ball back and striking quickly. Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge had great seasons. Sterling and Coutinho and Henderson had very solid supporting seasons, and Stevie G did well in a certain role.

The worst part of Liverpool's game was defending, particularly from situations developing out wide, and bad defending cost LFC the league.

So, this summer we have lost our best attacking player, and have not improved the weakest area of the pitch.

That, to me, adds up as being not as good going forward, and just as bad at the back. We might be swapping places with United this season.

At least wait to the window is closed and see what happens. It looks like we will tweak our system slightly this year as well as now we don't have to accommodate 2 strikers (I know it was such a burden to try and squeeze these 2 into the team!). I reckon we may go back to a 4231, which could depending on the set up mean the fullbacks don't get forward as much and the 2 (Gerrard, Hendo) and the 3 (Steling, Markovic/Lallana, Coutinho) forming a 5 man midfield thus protecting the defence a little more.

I think we have some good players back there Sakho imo will prove to be a great signing, Skrtel despite his brain farts is a good defender, Flanno is only going to get better, Enrique will hopefully get back to his best and Johnson (the scapegoat) is still a good player. Agger if he stays is definitely good enough as a back up and Kolo is a legend so I don't need to defend him ;) Unless we are signing the likes of Hummels or Rodriguez I don't see who we are being linked to as any better than we already have. Lovern for 20 mil is absolute madness

rodney trotter

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 25, 2014, 03:58:21 PM
the independant is no better than the mirror or some of the other tabloids as a source.
I fully expect Lovren to be signed in the next week, and Rodgers has pursued several left backs, so i cant see him letting the window close without getting one.

I'm sure he will, it was all the attacking players signed first when it was a leaky defence that cost the League, or had Liverpool needing to hammer Newcastle on the final day and hope for a slip up., such was the goal difference in goals conceded between City and Pool
Suppose Can is a defensive midfielder.

Remy would be a shrewd enough buy I'd say.

quit yo jibbajabba

official word on remy is a long time coming in. about a 3 day medical at this stage!

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 25, 2014, 03:58:21 PM
I agree. Throw in Sakho,Coates, Skrtel,Flanno,Enrique there is still a good base there. Plus I expect him to still make another defensive signing or two. I think Agger and Toure will be off somewhere else to be honest.

laoislad

James Pearce - Liverpool Echo 

LFC have agreed £20m deal for Lovren. Defender likely to have medical in Liverpool tomorrow

Question is will AZOffaly be happy!

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2014, 04:54:22 PM
James Pearce - Liverpool Echo 

LFC have agreed £20m deal for Lovren. Defender likely to have medical in Liverpool tomorrow

Question is will AZOffaly be happy!

BBC saying the same

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC  ·  13m

#LFC and #SaintsFC have agreed a £20m fee for Lovren. Medical will happen in the UK on Saturday.

Bit pricey for my liking, hopefully that's made up of add ons

Also

James Pearce @JamesPearceEcho  ·  1m

Remy deal will be announced in next few days. Passed his medical. Just slight hold up over paperwork. Origi is in Boston for his medical.