The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I'm still trying to get tickets for me and the young lad. Was hoping for Southampton, but the members ticket sale was an absolute disaster. I went on line at 8.00, for a start time of 8.15. Kept refreshing the link every 30 seconds and then when it started, I was in line with a wait time of 'over one hour'.

I spent 90 minutes there, watching as tickets sold out for Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal (no hassle, didn't really want them). Then after 90 minutes I was still 'over one hour' and tickets for Villa and Southampton went to 'limited', and finally 'Sold out'.

I said I'd maybe try Leicester in december if that was still there, but I went away to the swimming pool (I was on holidays) with the family, and when I came back 90 minutes later I was still in the queue!!. Then I got in, but all was left was Restricted View v Sunderland and some f**king Family Day thing.

Brutal.

what are the chances of getting a ticket on General Sale?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bingo on July 24, 2014, 02:02:25 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 24, 2014, 01:58:26 PM
What are the chances of getting tickets for a champions league game when the fixtures come out?

been over quite a few times with a couple of mates, but never for a european night, so wouldnt mind trying to get one in this season.

If the sale for the premiership games were anything to go by, then very slim. For the first time in years, I never got tickets for any games before xmas. Would normally get at least 3 games. There was something like 30,000 trying to log in to get 2,500 tickets per game.

ah fck that then, was hoping to get either a CL game or maybe the arsenal game in december, never really had much issue getting tickets any other season and been to a few of the bigger games (everton/man city/spurs etc)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

Saw a lad on The Liverpool Way asking did anyone have access to a spare season ticket. He'd been using one for years when the original owner felt a sudden hankering to see the Reds again. Seems to be a lot of that knocking around.

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 24, 2014, 02:04:47 PM
Quote from: Bingo on July 24, 2014, 02:02:25 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 24, 2014, 01:58:26 PM
What are the chances of getting tickets for a champions league game when the fixtures come out?

been over quite a few times with a couple of mates, but never for a european night, so wouldnt mind trying to get one in this season.

If the sale for the premiership games were anything to go by, then very slim. For the first time in years, I never got tickets for any games before xmas. Would normally get at least 3 games. There was something like 30,000 trying to log in to get 2,500 tickets per game.

ah fck that then, was hoping to get either a CL game or maybe the arsenal game in december, never really had much issue getting tickets any other season and been to a few of the bigger games (everton/man city/spurs etc)

I was in same boat but seems last years season has stirred demand again. I've a few options that I'll try and chase up to get a game or two over the season but flights/hotels etc make it far too costly when you can't book in advance.

Boycey

Any of you wanting to go to a CL game and with a sense of adventure and a day or 2 to spare take the plunge and go to an away one, a much more rewarding trip in my experience. I gave up going to OT in 2005 and confined myself to aways and this soon escalated to Euro aways. We've been to some cracking cities Cogenhagen, Rome, Riga, Kiev, Barcelona, Moscow and more. The beauty of it is that the cost of getting and accomodation was usually less than going to Manchester due to the relative lack of demand. Tickets always seemed easier to come by to, barring a couple of finals I'd say we never had a ticket between us going, we got into a match in Kiev for €6!!! Now that was an interesting place, I'd say its mad to be about now

blewuporstuffed

so are all the general sale tickets gone then at this stage?

Good idea Boycey, when are the CL groups announced? If there was an interesting tie thrown up that could be a good alternative
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

Quote from: deiseach on July 24, 2014, 02:21:36 PM
Saw a lad on The Liverpool Way asking did anyone have access to a spare season ticket. He'd been using one for years when the original owner felt a sudden hankering to see the Reds again. Seems to be a lot of that knocking around.

Tell him to calm down. The original owner will soon be happy enough to give them back. ;)

deiseach

Only went to one away CL game in Barcelona, and the craic was ninety. But everything is hassle - flights, accommodation, time off, tickets (a Red from Flanders, of all places, was kind enough to translate for us in negotiations). I'd prefer the cosy familiarity of Anfield any day.

Boycey

Quote from: deiseach on July 24, 2014, 02:45:07 PM
Only went to one away CL game in Barcelona, and the craic was ninety. But everything is hassle - flights, accommodation, time off, tickets (a Red from Flanders, of all places, was kind enough to translate for us in negotiations). I'd prefer the cosy familiarity of Anfield any day.

I'd say you were a Little Inglunder but......

deiseach

Quote from: EC Unique on July 24, 2014, 02:40:38 PM
Quote from: deiseach on July 24, 2014, 02:21:36 PM

Tell him to calm down. The original owner will soon be happy enough to give them back. ;)

I'd say he'll keep it for at least 03 years.

deiseach

Quote from: Boycey on July 24, 2014, 02:48:16 PM
Quote from: deiseach on July 24, 2014, 02:45:07 PM

I'd say you were a Little Inglunder but......

Harsh but fair.

laoislad

Champions League nights are fantastic in Anfield. I was at the 4-0 trashing of Real Madrid and what a night that was.
Saturday 3pm league games while still good can be dead compared to the European night games.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J OGorman

Quote from: laoislad on July 24, 2014, 03:48:09 PM
Champions League nights are fantastic in Anfield. I was at the 4-0 trashing of Real Madrid and what a night that was.
Saturday 3pm league games can be dead compared to the European night games.

the 4-2 fornenst Arsenal in the CL quarter-final in 08 has been my highlight in recent years. Ryan Babel's finest hour (well half an hour). The noise inside the ground was immense

Town not as busy though on a Tues / Wed night after the games compared to a Sat

blewuporstuffed

I was at the merseyside derby a few years ago and that is certainly the best atmosphere i have seen at Anfield even though it was the early Saturday kickoff

deiseach

Roma in 2002. It was so insane that when Gerard Houllier came out of the tunnel, the first game he had been at after his heart attack, the noise levels didn't rise. It had already been turned up to 11. What a night *sigh*