The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 22, 2014, 10:13:20 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 22, 2014, 10:09:28 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 22, 2014, 05:26:56 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 22, 2014, 04:53:47 PM
It looks like Liverpool have bought up the remaining properties around Anfield with
rumours of a major announcement on the rebuild due later in the week.

Great news.

Posted the renderings of the plans last week

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11101.msg1343318#msg1343318

Not a fan. Potentially as ugly as Old Trafford. Mind you it's all about making the $$$
Only so much you can do with an old stadium.
I'd prefer it to these new boring designs like the Emirates or Etihad.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: laoislad on April 22, 2014, 10:35:07 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 22, 2014, 10:13:20 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 22, 2014, 10:09:28 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 22, 2014, 05:26:56 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 22, 2014, 04:53:47 PM
It looks like Liverpool have bought up the remaining properties around Anfield with
rumours of a major announcement on the rebuild due later in the week.

Great news.

Posted the renderings of the plans last week

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11101.msg1343318#msg1343318

Not a fan. Potentially as ugly as Old Trafford. Mind you it's all about making the $$$
Only so much you can do with an old stadium.
I'd prefer it to these new boring designs like the Emirates or Etihad.

The Emirates is the exact same design as the Stadium of Light in Lisbon. Only one has a corporate feel and the other electric due to ticket prices and culture. With the increase in capacity and success at Anfield and debt to pay off you can be sure prices will rise and tourist fans will come in their droves!

God14

Re rumours of Chelsea fielding a weakend side on Sunday -
Matic & Salah cuptied in the champs league so they look sure to start against us
Lampard & Mikel are suspended for the second leg of champs league, so they will also start
Hard to see Mourinho starting Ashley cole again so soon after being on the sidelines so long
Id be surprised if he risked Hazard or Eto who are struggling with knocks, cant see it myself.  Ramieres set to be suspended for Sundays game, Cech & Terry injured

I reckon they will start with
(4-2-3-1)

Schwarzer
Azpilicueta
Cahil
Luiz
Ivanovic
Mikel
Matic
Salah
Lampard
Oscar
Ba

Nothing to shabby about that starting 11.

Massive task for Liverpool, but if we can recreate the Anfield performances against the big sides of late we've got a real chance. Praying that Sturridge is fit.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: God14 on April 23, 2014, 09:20:24 AM
Re rumours of Chelsea fielding a weakend side on Sunday -
Matic & Salah cuptied in the champs league so they look sure to start against us
Lampard & Mikel are suspended for the second leg of champs league, so they will also start
Hard to see Mourinho starting Ashley cole again so soon after being on the sidelines so long
Id be surprised if he risked Hazard or Eto who are struggling with knocks, cant see it myself.  Ramieres set to be suspended for Sundays game, Cech & Terry injured

I reckon they will start with
(4-2-3-1)

Schwarzer
Azpilicueta
Cahil
Luiz
Ivanovic
Mikel
Matic
Salah
Lampard
Oscar
Ba

Nothing to shabby about that starting 11.

Massive task for Liverpool, but if we can recreate the Anfield performances against the big sides of late we've got a real chance. Praying that Sturridge is fit.

You probably aren't far away with that team there, and Jose would have known this when he threw out his line about fielding a 'weakened' team.
Its an attempt at mind games and nothing more
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersub

Shows the difference in the squads (and what Liverpool need to compete in Europe next season) when you see that potential Chelsea 'weakened' XI! Not too bad of a team at all.

On another note, with Liverpool obviously needing to add to the squad in the summer, there are a number of players currently out on loan who are excelling and could easily become next season's Henderson, Sterling, Flanagan etc in terms of improvement for first team. The likes of Suso, Wisdom, Assaidi, Borini could all be worth a spot in the squad if they take a sip of whatever Rodgers is feeding the rest of them at the moment!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: supersub on April 23, 2014, 12:59:04 PM
Shows the difference in the squads (and what Liverpool need to compete in Europe next season) when you see that potential Chelsea 'weakened' XI! Not too bad of a team at all.

On another note, with Liverpool obviously needing to add to the squad in the summer, there are a number of players currently out on loan who are excelling and could easily become next season's Henderson, Sterling, Flanagan etc in terms of improvement for first team. The likes of Suso, Wisdom, Assaidi, Borini could all be worth a spot in the squad if they take a sip of whatever Rodgers is feeding the rest of them at the moment!!

I agree about the other 3, they could add to the squad alright (and Ibe as well), but not convinced about Assaidi.
Aspas, Alberto  & Llori have been a disappointment too. Its hard to see him trusting anyof them in the run in now.
Martin Kelly has featured very little this season which has surprised me. I always thought he was a very useful squad player.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

I would throw Ilori into the loanees who are impressing,  was excellent against Bracelona last week.   I don't  really think that Assaidi will be in the club.  Stoke is his level and he will transfer to a club at that level either in England or possibly back to Holland.  Ibe is another who is benefitting from his loan but will be sent out again hopefully.  The reality is that the club will need 2 FBs another central MF and another winger/striker, but they all need to be top class.  Obviously if we win then the players available will be different to what is available even for just qualifying for the CL.  Aspas will  move back to Spain as he simply isn't good enough.  Alberto has shown glimpses of  talent  but is finding it hard to adjust to the move.  He is  young and if he can get his head settled he could be very good.

As for Chelsea at the weekend that is simply Mourinho at his cute-hoorism.   Cech and Terry gone but they will still have Cahill and Luiz at CB.They will have a strong team out no matter what.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 23, 2014, 01:15:31 PM

I agree about the other 3, they could add to the squad alright (and Ibe as well), but not convinced about Assaidi.
Aspas, Alberto  & Llori have been a disappointment too. Its hard to see him trusting anyof them in the run in now.
Martin Kelly has featured very little this season which has surprised me. I always thought he was a very useful squad player.

Bit harsh on Llori. I don't think he's even made a first team appearance this season.
As for him featuring in the run in, the fact that he's on load to Granada makes it unlikely  :)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 23, 2014, 01:35:11 PM

Bit harsh on Llori. I don't think he's even made a first team appearance this season.
As for him featuring in the run in, the fact that he's on load to Granada makes it unlikely  :)
Yeah i know hes gone out on loan, i was referring to the other two featuring in the run in.

Maybe it is a bit harsh, but they paid 7m for him and he never featured ina  game at all and thats with both sahko & Agger being out for quite long periods.

Is Coates still a liverpool player?
He turned out to be a bit of an enigma

deiseach

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 23, 2014, 01:43:36 PM

He's just back from injury. I've seen nothing to suggest he's a top defender. Then again, he's in good company at Anfield.

Geoff Tipps

Yeah i know hes gone out on loan, i was referring to the other two featuring in the run in.

Maybe it is a bit harsh, but they paid 7m for him and he never featured ina  game at all and thats with both sahko & Agger being out for quite long periods.

Yes made his comeback for Nacional (on loan) last week I think. Unlikely that he'll play for Liverpool again IMO.

brokencrossbar1

Coates did his ACL in August 2013 playing for Uruguay.  He is currently on loan to Nacional until the end of the season.  He is  playing well in their push to the end of the season.  He was unfortunately associated with a few bad performances by the team and is a bit slow but he is a real  top class player in my opinion and  would have played this year if it had not been for the injury. Don't think he will make it at Anfield though but he could be a Paletta type situation where he goes to a European  team and thrives in a slower paced game.

Under Lights

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 23, 2014, 01:33:34 PM

I would throw Ilori into the loanees who are impressing,  was excellent against Bracelona last week.   I don't  really think that Assaidi will be in the club.  Stoke is his level and he will transfer to a club at that level either in England or possibly back to Holland.  Ibe is another who is benefitting from his loan but will be sent out again hopefully.  The reality is that the club will need 2 FBs another central MF and another winger/striker, but they all need to be top class.  Obviously if we win then the players available will be different to what is available even for just qualifying for the CL.  Aspas will  move back to Spain as he simply isn't good enough.  Alberto has shown glimpses of  talent  but is finding it hard to adjust to the move.  He is  young and if he can get his head settled he could be very good.

As for Chelsea at the weekend that is simply Mourinho at his cute-hoorism.   Cech and Terry gone but they will still have Cahill and Luiz at CB.They will have a strong team out no matter what.

Chelsea back four probably be Cole-Cahill-Ivanovic-Azpilicutea

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 23, 2014, 01:52:15 PM

Coates did his ACL in August 2013 playing for Uruguay.  He is currently on loan to Nacional until the end of the season.  He is  playing well in their push to the end of the season.  He was unfortunately associated with a few bad performances by the team and is a bit slow but he is a real  top class player in my opinion and  would have played this year if it had not been for the injury. Don't think he will make it at Anfield though but he could be a Paletta type situation where he goes to a European  team and thrives in a slower paced game.

Yes I would see a similar situation. From his limited game time he just doesn't look cut out for the pace of the English game.
There's no doubt he has qualities. He was young player of the Copa America a few years back. His goal against QPR was something extraordinary for a lumbering centre back! Hopefully we can recoup most of what we spent on him.

blewuporstuffed

I always quite liked him and had high hopes for him. How much did they pay for him? Something like 8m was it?