The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Hope Lucas doesn't start on Sunday. I don't want to rip into him but....  He concedes far too many silly free's, whilst he's also ponderous & slow in possession. I don't think its a coincidence that our good run of form coincided with him been injured.
He hasnt 90minutes in him, to me he looked completely out on his feet in the closing stages at Norwich. Baffled as to why Allen was taken off before him. He missed a sitter at the end to seal victory, but far worse was some of the completely needless free's he gave away, all of which we were struggling to defend! Did anyone else see Gerrards reaction when Lucas fouled in injury time last Sunday?  Check it out if you havnt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu6lXAetEjU

Chelsea are excellent at set pieces, with several players offering good delivery & a few big men even allowing for J. Terrys absence. Lucas could maybe come on as a sub (as he did against Man United at OT) and play decent, but he's not up to a starting eleven spot.

That's another reason why its so important to have Sturridge fit for Sunday.

blewuporstuffed

I know what your saying about Lucas, looked a very tired tackle at the end to give away that free kick.
hopefully sturridge will make it and Lucas will be able to come off the bench for a good 15 mins or so just.
Shows you how big of a loss Henderson is at the minute
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

CD

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 23, 2014, 02:31:12 PM
I know what your saying about Lucas, looked a very tired tackle at the end to give away that free kick.
hopefully sturridge will make it and Lucas will be able to come off the bench for a good 15 mins or so just.
Shows you how big of a loss Henderson is at the minute

Shows just how thin the squad is as well! Ideally, you'd like Lucas to have a couple of sub appearances and get up to speed - only 14 players and top of the league!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Kidder81

What's the capacity of the ground in those renderings ?

gawa316

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 23, 2014, 06:30:39 PM

Heard 58,000 being mentioned.

EC Unique

laoislad

Looking at those pictures it would seem like there would still be a possibility of expanding the Kop in the future.
To be honest I'm surprised they aren't doing it now and turn it into a stand like Dortmund have.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 23, 2014, 06:30:39 PM

1 European Cup.

God14

Quote from: laoislad on April 23, 2014, 07:38:22 PM
Looking at those pictures it would seem like there would still be a possibility of expanding the Kop in the future.
To be honest I'm surprised they aren't doing it now and turn it into a stand like Dortmund have.

Not enough room to expand the Kop, it backs onto a busy road, and a run down 'high street' where shops, pubs, cafés exist. To go add a tier you need to go backwards eating into the area where the supporters congregate and queue on match days.

laoislad

Quote from: God14 on April 23, 2014, 08:21:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 23, 2014, 07:38:22 PM

Not enough room to expand the Kop, it backs onto a busy road, and a run down 'high street' where shops, pubs, cafés exist. To go add a tier you need to go backwards eating into the area where the supporters congregate and queue on match days.
There's always a way!  Just looks a bit odd the way it will be if those are the official plans imo.

deiseach

The Main Stand and the Paddock are junk. You have to start there.

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on April 23, 2014, 08:46:38 PM
The Main Stand and the Paddock are junk. You have to start there.
I was in the Main Stand for the 4-0 hammering of Real Madrid. I thought it was gonna collapse that night with the noise in the ground. Tis fairly ancient alright.
So this is just phase 1 of building then? I thought they were doing it all at once.

God14

£100M investment for an extra 8500 seats. That would seem high to me at first glance when a whole new 60,000 stadium would have cost say £350M.
What's the thoughts on here on that as regards return on investment? I'd guess it would pay for itself (including compound interest) within 10 years.

Good news surely for those on the season ticket waiting list. Apparently there are two seperate rows of corporate boxes, which will be very lucrative for the club. Naming rights for the stand (rumoured to be Garuda main stand) would obviously dramatically reduce that payback period as well.