The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on April 21, 2014, 12:49:12 PM
Didn't realise City are still in with a shout. They win their last five and Chelsea win at Anfield then it's goal difference?

Oh yeah, Allot of my foolhardy Liverpool friends were looking before yesterdays game against Norwich as a chance to improve our goal difference. They were damn happy in the end with the +1 goal difference improvement and the three points.

Tony Baloney

I think City will slip up again.

Tony Baloney

'Celebration of the 96' on BT Sports 1 now. Liverpool Legends v Liverpool International XI.

The Legends have the heavier pack by some distance!

stephenite

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2014, 02:03:53 PM
'Celebration of the 96' on BT Sports 1 now. Liverpool Legends v Liverpool International XI.

The Legends have the heavier pack by some distance!

I dunno-Jan Molby with the Internationals looking like he's enjoying his retirement a bit too much. He'd weigh as much as Fowler, Owen & McMananam put together

laoislad

Bruno Cheyrou and Salif Diao on a team of Liverpool Legends!!
Yeah right. :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Well I suppose they wanted a few under 50's.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2014, 01:59:31 PM

So do I but I think Liverpool have to approach it like City are going to win all their final 5 games. Which means Liverpool would still need 7 points.

deiseach

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 21, 2014, 04:22:53 PM

So do I but I think Liverpool have to approach it like City are going to win all their final 5 games. Which means Liverpool would still need 7 points.

They're taking this each-game-a-cup-final very seriously.

Tony Baloney

Yeah the target before the Norwich match remains - worst case 1 draw and rest wins.

Enjoyed that legends match. Certainly no exhibition match and everyone playing for keeps! Some great long rangepassing but fair to say they have all lost a yard of pace  :D

The Iceman

So at this point we need City to lose one of their remaining games or draw two of them to take the pressure off and be in the clear?
A loss at Chelsea would bring it down to goal difference and a draw at Chelsea would scrape over the line by a point (if all other games are won by all top 3 teams)?

Has to be exciting for neutrals???
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2014, 04:35:18 PM

Yeah the target before the Norwich match remains - worst case 1 draw and rest wins.

Enjoyed that legends match. Certainly no exhibition match and everyone playing for keeps! Some great long rangepassing but fair to say they have all lost a yard of pace  :D
Litmanen still got it in fairness.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Iceman on April 21, 2014, 05:23:57 PM
So at this point we need City to lose one of their remaining games or draw two of them to take the pressure off and be in the clear?
A loss at Chelsea would bring it down to goal difference and a draw at Chelsea would scrape over the line by a point (if all other games are won by all top 3 teams)?

Has to be exciting for neutrals???

If City draw one of their remaining games then Liverpool can afford to lose a game provided they win the other two. Or one win and two draws would be enough as well.

naka

I think our Everton friends will help us
The match I fear the most is the palace game.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: naka on April 21, 2014, 07:38:24 PM
I think our Everton friends will help us
The match I fear the most is the palace game.

In fairness Crystal Palace more likely to get a result off Manchester City than Liverpool. 

supersub

Palace are safe now though, not going to be as bad as people think, although still difficult. On the other hand yes they have won 5 in a row to escape relegation.....but Liverpool have won 11 in a row to surge towards the title....why should they not be scared of playing us?