The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

There's Utd and City.
Then Chelsea.
Then Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton. Liverpool are well capable of finishing 4th now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2013, 11:46:59 PM
There's Utd and City.
Then Chelsea.
Then Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton. Liverpool are well capable of finishing 4th now.

Might be a bit beyond them this year but they are hanging in there and are within touching distance. After their next two games away to Arsenal and Man City, Liverpool's fixtures are pretty favourable for the rest of the season but they'd want to take something from the next couple of games.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2013, 11:46:59 PM
There's Utd and City.
Then Chelsea.
Alot will depend on the next 2 league matches. Away to Arsenal & City within 4 days.

EC Unique

Watch out everyone...Next year......bla bla bla.

All very familiar stuff. A couple of bad results and Brendan will be out of his depth again.

So predictable.  ::)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on January 20, 2013, 10:39:19 AM
Watch out everyone...Next year......bla bla bla.

All very familiar stuff. A couple of bad results and Brendan will be out of his depth again.

So predictable.  ::)

A bit like your posts on this thread
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

Hound

3rd goal was my favourite yesterday. The two perceived muppets playing a superb pass each and a tap in for our new poacher. Don't score enough team goals like that, hopefully a lot more to come.

I've always liked Sturridge. Never had any doubt about his ability, only questionmark is attitude, but no probs in that regard so far!

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 19, 2013, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 19, 2013, 10:05:54 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 19, 2013, 08:19:04 PM
All those gloom merchants who questioned things under BR should take heed of these stats.  Liverpool are only 7 goals and 18 points off last seasons totals for tthe whole season woth 15 games to play. It is not unreasonable tp thonk the could achieve 65 points by the end of the season.   Woth a younger,  trimmer squad then you have to be very hopeful.   Norwich are poor but you can only play what's in front of you.   Suarez and Sturridge look good together and SG is showing good form.  Interesting few weeks with big games v City and the gooners which will realyy be the acid tests.

Hold your horses, Liverpool beat a topsy turvy Norwich side. Liverpool are a point behind last year totals with two games more played, so don't get too excited yet! YNWA

League Record 2012-2013

Pld   W   D   L   F   A   GD   GFA   GAA   PpG   Pts   Rank
Home Record   12   6   3   3   22   10   12   1.83   0.83   1.75   21   4
Away Record   11   3   4   4   18   18   0   1.63   1.63   1.18   13   8
Overall Record   23   9   7   7   40   28   12   1.73   1.21   1.47   34   7

League Record 2011-2012 [for the same period]
                      Pld   W   D   L   F   A   GD   GFA   GAA   PpG   Pts   Rank
Home Record   11   4   7   0   14   8   6   1.27   0.72   1.72   19   8
Away Record   10   5   1   4   10   10   0   1.00   1.00   1.60   16   5
Overall Record   21   9   8   4   24   18   6   1.14   0.85   1.66   35   7

2nd half of the season should tell a lot. Liverpool's league form took a complete nosedive around this time last year. Hopefully we might finish a lot stronger this time.

The Suarez/Evra mess last year between allegation, 8 week ban and non hand shake, really upset Liverpool's run-in and in reality cost Dalglish his job. Although a sublime talent, Suarez is the kind of player who can say something stupid to the press, kick the heels of an opposing player or handle a ball and score (never mind save) a goal. At least Liverpool now (hopefully) have a bitta cover in Sturridge.

laoislad

Pretty decent weekend for Liverpool with Arsenal losing and Spurs only getting a draw, though I thought they should have won.
Hopefully the Saints can take something off Everton tomorrow night.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

under the bar

A quick straw poll.   

Under Rodgers are Liverpool likely to get above Everton anytime in the near future? 

Y/N

supersub

It's games like yesterday that needed to be turned into wins, and that is what happened. So many times v supposed weaker opposition at Anfield Liverpool have outplayed opponents but missed a hatful of chances to end up drawing. However yesterday 5 of those chances went in - that's the difference. Confidence means quality and hopefully it's not a one off.

supersub

Quote from: under the bar on January 20, 2013, 07:40:25 PM
A quick straw poll.   

Under Rodgers are Liverpool likely to get above Everton anytime in the near future? 

Y/N

Yes

From the Bunker

Quote from: under the bar on January 20, 2013, 07:40:25 PM
A quick straw poll.   

Y/N

Really do we care about finishing above Everton? What does it matter unless it's for 4th spot? Being honest if finishing above Everton meant a Europa League place, then they are welcome to it!

heganboy

I like the sound of Coates going to West Brom on loan. Some games would do him the power of good and if he does do well he can come back and or improve his value in the market. Worst case he's off the wage bill...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on January 20, 2013, 09:07:30 PM
I like the sound of Coates going to West Brom on loan. Some games would do him the power of good and if he does do well he can come back and or improve his value in the market. Worst case he's off the wage bill...

I read somewhere that Coates going could be a major factor in Wesley Sneijder  coming in,freeing up wages etc.
I think it was a permanent move away for Coates though.
I think there is a chance Sneijder will come,Gerrard certainly wants him going by Goals on Sunday this morning.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.