The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

QuoteI'm a bit bewildered by Rodgers' expression of 'anger' at the admission. Did he seriously think it wasn't a dive before now?[/quote

Rodgers presumably wants him to follow Gerrard's lead and dive in every game but never, ever admit to it!

Gabriel_Hurl

I see Lazar Markovic was at one of the U-21 games this week

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2013, 10:42:07 PM

Apparently not, saw on Rawk that it is some Hungarian.   Twitter and Rawk would be in meltdown if Markovic was in Melwood!

Hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 17, 2013, 11:15:01 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2013, 10:42:07 PM

Apparently not, saw on Rawk that it is some Hungarian.   Twitter and Rawk would be in meltdown if Markovic was in Melwood!
I know nothing about Markovic, but having done a search on google image he does look a helluva lot like the lad on the balcony alright, so can see how the rumours started (this is Markovic's profie pic from uefa.com)

blewuporstuffed

Sneijder rumours?

would be great if they could afford him (if he was willing to take a big paycut to go to england)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 18, 2013, 11:36:56 AM
Sneijder rumours?

would be great if they could afford him (if he was willing to take a big paycut to go to england)

They have resurfaced this last few days alright but seem to be the same story as when they first hit the forums last week - he wants to come to England, has to take a paycut etc etc.

The sneijder of a few years back was talked of at 30m plus, couldn't be bought etc etc. Since then he can't be given away. For sure his wages are big but there is very little interest in him it seems. Apparently his attitude is very poor, picks and chooses his games due to injuries that pop up from time to time and his performances have dipped.

At his age, would be looking a nice wee earner before he retires or is he genuinely interested in getting back to what he was and proving himself in the premiership.

I'd see him as a big gamble and knowing Liverpools record in recent years, i'd be weary of him as surprising as that may seem.

With Alonso's situation at Real, i'd much prefer to go for him and get him back.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Bingo on January 18, 2013, 11:51:42 AM
Sneijder rumours?

They have resurfaced this last few days alright but seem to be the same story as when they first hit the forums last week - he wants to come to England, has to take a paycut etc etc.

The sneijder of a few years back was talked of at 30m plus, couldn't be bought etc etc. Since then he can't be given away. For sure his wages are big but there is very little interest in him it seems. Apparently his attitude is very poor, picks and chooses his games due to injuries that pop up from time to time and his performances have dipped.

At his age, would be looking a nice wee earner before he retires or is he genuinely interested in getting back to what he was and proving himself in the premiership.

I'd see him as a big gamble and knowing Liverpools record in recent years, i'd be weary of him as surprising as that may seem.

With Alonso's situation at Real, i'd much prefer to go for him and get him back.

He's only 28!

Bingo

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 18, 2013, 12:24:54 PM
Quote from: Bingo on January 18, 2013, 11:51:42 AM
Sneijder rumours?

He's only 28!

Yeah (29 in June) and likely to be facing his last meaty 3 or 4 year contract.

blewuporstuffed

normally i would be wary of this type of signing, but i think if they can get his wage demands down to a managable level, he is worth the risk.
United payed 24million for a 28 year old dutchman (who they dont rate as highly as sneijder in holland) and that worked out ok for them!
the fee attached is minimal by todays standards for a first team player (8m euro ) so  i think they should be doing all they can to come up with some sort of wage deal, even if it is incentive based, to get him to anfield.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

From the Bunker

I'd stay away from this! Liverpool have been quiet poor in the transfer market and this looks a real gamble. He's a spent force who may be hard to offload in 12 months time when he's sitting in the reserves getting 200k a week.

heganboy

looks like coates is heading away on loan as well. more of the wage bill leaving. See also today that Ayre is asking the premier league to adopt the UEFA financial fair play rules, with MAn U Arsenal and Spurs also supporting the proposals.

Would be a big fan of Sneijder, would like to see him at Liverpool, just not sure that "our Brendan" would agree...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 18, 2013, 03:02:23 PM
normally i would be wary of this type of signing, but i think if they can get his wage demands down to a managable level, he is worth the risk.
United payed 24million for a 28 year old dutchman (who they dont rate as highly as sneijder in holland) and that worked out ok for them!
the fee attached is minimal by todays standards for a first team player (8m euro ) so  i think they should be doing all they can to come up with some sort of wage deal, even if it is incentive based, to get him to anfield.

Yes, you'd imagine it be a no brainer but i just think it is a big gamble for us and its clear than funds are tight and will be tight in future. I don't think he can be compared to Van Persie who was a proven premiership player. Sneijder seems to carrying alot of bagage at present for some reason.

No doubt he is a quality player but something just doesn't sit well when Gala in Turkey are the only firm bid in for him. I get the impression there is a back story to him, be it his attitude or injury record (has barely passed 20 league games in recent seasons). Also think he could be using our interest to get a move to another premiership club.

I'd be 50/50 on it really when I should be 100% get him in.

heganboy

Liverpool have offered Inter 8m for their midfielder

Not the one you're thinking of. It's for 20year old coutinho the 1 cap Brazilian who was on loan at espanyol last year.

Don't know much about him...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

Great first half performance from Liverpool - with a screamer from Henderson (!!!)

Another from Suarez after a great dummy from Sturridge

GalwayBayBoy