Marc Wilson -Portsmouth

Started by T Fearon, December 22, 2008, 12:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

From Goal.com

Portsmouth Striker David Nugent To Be Sold After Brawl - Report
Pompey's alleged trouble maker will make a move to the Potters after angering the Fratton Park management...
5 Aug 2009 13:06:47

Portsmouth striker David Nugent is set to make a cut-price move to Stoke City after being sent home from the club's pre-season tour.

After Pompey suffered a four-nil defeat on tour in Portugal, Nugent and team-mate Marc Wilson were reported to have fought in a hotel corridor.

Both players were immediately sent home from the tour and fined two-weeks wage by the club.

Looks like Nugent is the one being shipped out, this could indicate that he was the instigator in the row.

Good to see that the irishman has a bit of fight in him all the same!

Rav67

Quote from: fred the red on August 05, 2009, 01:41:18 PM

Looks like Nugent is the one being shipped out, this could indicate that he was the instigator in the row.

Or could indicate that he's been a very expensive waste of money.  He's been there 2 seasons and I'd guess he's not even in double figures for goals yet.

fred the red

Quote from: Rav67 on August 05, 2009, 01:47:42 PM

Or could indicate that he's been a very expensive waste of money.  He's been there 2 seasons and I'd guess he's not even in double figures for goals yet.

Nugent had a poor first season, but he played quite well last season. He was often playing on the wing on a 4 5 1 system, and was one on pompeys best players after christmas(granted the whole team was quite poor in general). With the sale of Crouch, Nugent and Kanu are the only recognised strikers left at the club, if the club were to sell him, they would have before now.

High Wide and Handsome

has anyone seen this mans girlfriend?
"Swing er over!"

Evil Genius

From Goal.com

Portsmouth Striker David Nugent To Be Sold After Brawl - Report

Or, considering Pompey are selling every damned thing they can at the moment, it could mean that Nugent's wages are significantly higher than Wilson's and they might even get a bit of a fee for him. Whereas a young fringe full back on (presumably) commensurate wages would likely not attract a fee of any great significance?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ifa fan

''Lurgan man in drunken brawl''

How is an incidence of this nature even considered a newsworthy event these days?

The Gs Man

Right Watcher Pat, shine a bit of light on this story.
Keep 'er lit

Mickey Linden

The watcher Pat is unable to get on the board in work anymore. I have asked him for an offical statement via email and I should be able to post it very shortly.

The Gaaboard in yet another world exclusive!

Mickey Linden

Sorry to diapoint lads. The watcher has declined to comment until he gets the full details! We should hear more on Wilsongate this evening

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on August 05, 2009, 01:54:56 PM

He doesnt have one. Split 5-6 weeks ago.

Think Nugent has been sniffing around and thats what started the trouble.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

full back

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 05, 2009, 05:21:36 PM

Nugent was sniffing around Wilson's woman?

There are 2 things he should know about Lurgan men..............dont touch their Buckie or their 'women'

DennistheMenace

Pompey certs to go down this year imo.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 05, 2009, 05:27:48 PM
Definitely they have no real good players left...
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: full back on August 05, 2009, 05:23:38 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 05, 2009, 05:21:36 PM

Nugent was sniffing around Wilson's woman?

There are 2 things he should know about Lurgan men..............dont touch their Buckie or their 'women'
Suppose you could call them that  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 05, 2009, 05:27:48 PM

Wouldn't say certs though certainly they'll struggle. Don't think Wigan will go well, they got most of their points last year before Christmas and their form dipped alarmingly once they sold Palacious and Heskey. They've since lost Valencia and Steve Bruce. Big test for Martinez. Hull will likely struggle again while Stoke may be found out a bit as teams get wise to their tactics. Then you've got the 3 promoted sides. Very hard to predict at this stage.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead