Marc Wilson -Portsmouth

Started by T Fearon, December 22, 2008, 12:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 23, 2008, 10:24:12 PM

I am not sure what you are arguing about as what you have said is effectively the same as I am saying...

basically this bit you wrote

"Until there is a closing or ruling as to who can declare for which country Ireland/England based on birthplace/parent/grandparent - then this remains very much open"

Even Inspector Clouseau would agree that it is a shut case  :)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on December 24, 2008, 12:55:14 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 23, 2008, 10:24:12 PM

I am not sure what you are arguing about as what you have said is effectively the same as I am saying...

basically this bit you wrote

"Until there is a closing or ruling as to who can declare for which country Ireland/England based on birthplace/parent/grandparent - then this remains very much open"

Even Inspector Clouseau would agree that it is a shut case  :)
I expect you are taking the p**s by saying that !
Right now there is too much ambiguity and open endedness in the status quo.

Passport eligibility rolled in with the backing of eu law will allow people to declare for Ireland,england, wales, scotland and floating statelet for the forseeable future.
Thats way too undefinded for someone pedantic like myself.
I think its wrong but until unification time, the Ireland eligibility question wont be closed, even then the england/scotland/wales thing will still be a problem.
Just because these are not challenged as much as Irish players, doesnt mean there is not another massive loop hole (from a soccer affiliation perspective)!

The Watcher Pat

Marc's making his PL debut on Friday...13.00 match...Hopefully it will be on live somewhere....

This is him in the link below incase anyone is looking out for him..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2t2mDCekeb4
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Gs Man

Good to see Marc getting a start and hitting the post with a header.

Bellamy was awesome on the left though, but hopefully Marc done enough to keep his place. 

Ye been talking to him Pat?  What was the verdict???
Keep 'er lit

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 27, 2008, 12:25:31 AM

Bellamy was awesome on the left though, but hopefully Marc done enough to keep his place. 

not yet Gs man...hopefully he'll keep his place for the Arsenal Match at the emirates....

I told him last night "just get me a top any top"     lol

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on December 27, 2008, 12:51:53 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on December 27, 2008, 12:25:31 AM

not yet Gs man...hopefully he'll keep his place for the Arsenal Match at the emirates....

I told him last night "just get me a top any top"     lol

Think he's keeping his place

was talking to his bro earlier..

Our Nail Loney

How many f**king cousins do you have Pat??!?

If I had another f**ker coming in asking "What price Marc Wilson first goalscorer?" "What price Marc Wilson anytime goal?"

Then every one seemed to be his cousin when I asked!!

33/1 1st, 9/1 anytime by the way.

The Watcher Pat

I have about 30 cousins at least...good catholic family...no contreception in them days.....I take it was connor was in the bookies earlire???

Had a stormer today by the way...

Evil Genius

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on December 27, 2008, 05:42:34 PM

I've heard it said that Wilson has a grandfather from Dublin, which if true, would make the whole "debate" over his eligibility redundant. Do you know whether he has?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

red hander

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 28, 2008, 06:37:32 PM

I've heard it said that Wilson has a grandfather from Dublin, which if true, would make the whole "debate" over his eligibility redundant. Do you know whether he has?

Point I made earlier in the debate ... also heard this (BTW, would be remisss not to welcome you back, EG)

ONeill

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on December 28, 2008, 06:08:43 PM
I have about 30 cousins at least...good catholic family...no contreception in them days.....I take it was connor was in the bookies earlire???

Had a stormer today by the way...

No stormer but did a job. Nasri was on him early on and was doing well, robbed him of possession in the first 10 mins. Then Wenger swapped him with Bendtner as there was nothing coming through the middle. Bendtner started well on him but Wilson fairly shackled him after that. He didn't get forward but I'm sure Adams had given him instructions not to. Tidy player, rarely wastes possession and not out of place at that level.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Gs Man

Watcher, heard he had a good game.  Did he get you a top????  Im sure you and Cheeser would be fighting over it!!
Keep 'er lit

magickingdom

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 28, 2008, 06:37:32 PM

it doesn't matter, deal with it ;D

The Watcher Pat

his grandfather is not from Dublin..his grandfathers father was from Dublin.

biglerman

I have it on good authority that he will 100% definitely NOT be going to play for Northern Ireland. Theres an interesting article in todays Irish Star about it.