Marc Wilson -Portsmouth

Started by T Fearon, December 22, 2008, 12:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

I see Lurgans second finest was involved in fisty-cuffs with David Nugent, you would fancy yourself in a scrap with Nugent  though as he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

full back

By the sounds of it neither could have hit a cows arse with a banjo as they were both full of booze
Wilson hit Nugent in the leg with a piece of wood, thats him out for a few months again ::)

Doogie Browser

Crisis club Portsmouth sunk to a new low after two of their players fought each other in a brutal hotel brawl during their trip to Portugal.

Striker David Nugent was allegedly hit across the legs with a lump of wood by defender Marc Wilson during the fight. The amazing bust-up took place in a corridor outside their rooms and were witnessed by team-mates who were forced to step in to prevent the situation escalating even further.

The incident took place at the Villa hotel in Guimares, where the Pompey squad and staff had been staying, in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Hours earlier the team, shorn of theirtop stars who have been sold, were crushed 4-0 by Benfica in a pre-season friendly.

It is believed both Nugent and Wilson had been drinking before the fight broke out.

Onlookers describe Republic of Ireland defender Wilson, 21, as being "out of control" as they battled to calm him down.

Nugent, who was already suffering from a toe injury, is not thought to have been seriously hurt in the assault.

Minder

You can take the boy out of Lurgan..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Was this hotel under renovation or is it common to have lumps of wood lying in the corridors?

DuffleKing

young fella must have taken a stash of buckfast with him to preseason

Doogie Browser

Apparently it was a wardrobe rail, I suppose Nugent is lucky he wasn't knee-capped!

fitzroyalty

Fair play to Wilson.. take no nonsense!!!

illdecide

And the lads not from Lurgan...he's from Aghagallon. If he'd been from Lurgan he'd have smashed Nugent's face in then he'd have beat the rest of the team for trying to break it up :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

johnneycool

Quote from: illdecide on August 05, 2009, 11:29:24 AM
And the lads not from Lurgan...he's from Aghagallon. If he'd been from Lurgan he'd have smashed Nugent's face in then he'd have beat the rest of the team for trying to break it up :D :D :D

Then shagged his wife!

illdecide

Quote from: johnneycool on August 05, 2009, 12:04:34 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 05, 2009, 11:29:24 AM

Then shagged his wife!

Correct saan ;)

longball

Are we against this or encouraging it?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

illdecide

Quote from: longball on August 05, 2009, 12:23:34 PM

Encouraging it as that Nugent guy no doubt started it and prob called him a Lurgan tr**p

full back

Quote from: illdecide on August 05, 2009, 12:43:09 PM
Quote from: longball on August 05, 2009, 12:23:34 PM

Encouraging it as that Nugent guy no doubt started it and prob called him a Lurgan tr**p

I now pronounce you Sir David Nugent ;)

Minder

Has there been an official Gaa Board statement yet from The Watcher Pat?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"