Marc Wilson -Portsmouth

Started by T Fearon, December 22, 2008, 12:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

The Orange Order mouthpiece who heads up the monocultural IFA was moaning in the papers about this young lad, who was born in Belfast but has declared to play for the land of his birth as opposed to the Belfast based Britsih football association. I hope that the FAI play hardball on this and tell Mr Kennedy where to stick his sash. >:(

cavan4ever

He is someones cousin or close relation here i think

Mickey Linden

He wasnt born in Belfast Tony, he is Aghagallon born and bred!

T Fearon

Well if anyone knows the lad please encourage him to stick to his (non decommisioned) guns and tell the IFA to fcuk off. It is outrageous that cnuts like this can dare tell an Irish lad who he can and cannot play for

Mickey Linden

Id say he will play for Ireland and why wouldnt he? Perhaps the watcher pat can shed some more light on this?

T Fearon

Big story in yesterday's Sunday Death about how Worshipful Brother Kennedy was going to confront FIFA about this and the usual crap about the FAI "stealing our players etc". Apparently after Darron Gibson this is the last straw. These cnuts cannot even organise a semi professional league's players registration system properly, yet they are now going to advise FIFA on the complexities of international eligibility :(

JimStynes

I hear he made his debut the other nite mickey, how did he get on??

dublinfella

Quote from: T Fearon on December 22, 2008, 01:03:27 PM
Big story in yesterday's Sunday Death about how Worshipful Brother Kennedy was going to confront FIFA about this and the usual crap about the FAI "stealing our players etc". Apparently after Darron Gibson this is the last straw. These cnuts cannot even organise a semi professional league's players registration system properly, yet they are now going to advise FIFA on the complexities of international eligibility :(

All this despite the fact that FIFA have already ruled in the IFA's favour on the issue.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: JimStynes on December 22, 2008, 01:33:48 PM
I hear he made his debut the other nite mickey, how did he get on??
he played very well Jim.He was playing right back and put in a lovely ball for Crouch's first goal!

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on December 22, 2008, 01:35:59 PM

All this despite the fact that FIFA have already ruled in the IFA's favour on the issue.

fact ;D
What's your source for that? the IFA website? about the only place where you would find a source who actually believes that.

On Marc Wilson, he  has stated that each to his own but he is comfortable in his declaration for the Republic, he said he grew up supporting the Republic and he has been capped at all underage levels since.

fitzroyalty

More chance of him lining out for derryhirk reserves than NI

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Main Street on December 22, 2008, 02:51:16 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on December 22, 2008, 01:35:59 PM

fact ;D
What's your source for that? the IFA website? about the only place where you would find a source who actually believes that.

On Marc Wilson, he  has stated that each to his own but he is comfortable in his declaration for the Republic, he said he grew up supporting the Republic and he has been capped at all underage levels since.

As it should be. Fair play to him.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

dublinfella

Quote from: Main Street on December 22, 2008, 02:51:16 PM

Media reported at the time that Gibson got to stay a FAI player, but no further 6 county born players could play for the 26 county team. Being capped at underage level doesn't matter anymore.

I think its a bad decision, but it was the decision of FIFA. Especially if Marc Wilson does not hold a British passport he will be ineligible for the 6. But the fact remains FIFA require a player to have lived in the juristiction of his team for 5 years and Marc Wilson has not.

red hander

From what I hear, the lad qualifies for the Republic through the grandparent rule, which means the story was inaccurate as it argued he didn't.  But DON'T be surprised if he does in fact opt to play for the statelet

dublinfella

Quote from: red hander on December 22, 2008, 03:26:59 PM
From what I hear, the lad qualifies for the Republic through the grandparent rule, which means the story was inaccurate as it argued he didn't.  But DON'T be surprised if he does in fact opt to play for the statelet

Grandparent rule is gone. Thats why the IFA are kicking up a fuss.

There are new eligibilty criteria for international ball. The FAI tried to argue the special case that is the Irish 'border' but lost.