CONNAUGHT U21 FOOTBALL FINAL

Started by rocco, March 29, 2010, 10:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

1-6 to 0-4 for us looking good  ;D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

after the many years of bad luck manly v mayo we finally have the title back home

Happy days  ;D

I hope Sligo are not to downbeat & come back stronger next year

Westmeath play Dublin tomoro

So it's the winners v us
& Donegal/cavan v tipp

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

*Bookmarks page in anticipation of Sligonian going nuclear later this evening.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 03, 2010, 07:12:28 PM
*Bookmarks page in anticipation of Sligonian going nuclear later this evening.

In fairness to Sligonian he did call it. We had no target inside and it was a key point in his pre match posts. Its unreal we never addressed this and compounded it by bringing Maye out the field. I'm too sick to post much at this stage. Why oh why do we beat ourselves? Its not as if its not hard enough. I know the management must take a good share of blame but the process of appointment of the management was a complete disgrace and the people person behind that will get no blame from 99% of Sligo people. This was a panel good enough to win a title and we ballsed it up ourselves.

Congrats to the Rossie lads.

I'm too sick to say any more.

shapes

Frustrated and sick.
This was another great chance, it was there for the taking.
We lost it on the line.
A brutal game of football to watch.
Also annoying the way the roscommon manager and selectors ran out on the pitch telling their players to lie down after the goal.

mannix

hard luck sligo.I was hoping you would beat them.

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: shapes on April 03, 2010, 08:39:19 PM
Frustrated and sick.
We lost it on the line.
Also annoying the way the roscommon manager and selectors ran out on the pitch telling their players to lie down after the goal.

Disgraceful if true. Can anyone else confirm?
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Azzurri

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 03, 2010, 10:51:51 PM
Quote from: shapes on April 03, 2010, 08:39:19 PM
Frustrated and sick.
We lost it on the line.

Disgraceful if true. Can anyone else confirm?

Yes did this happen. But to be honest, it happens in most games these days which is unfortunate. I suppose its up to the referee to add on the time which in this case he didnt with only 3 minutes injury time. Also, alot of the Ros supporters were annoyed by the time taken by the Sligo keeper with his kickouts in the first half when Ros were playin with a strong wind advantage but these things happen.

On the game itself, it was extremely poor quality full of errors.
Still though a win is a win.

mjg

God the better team won jeez any congrats from any of ye?

SLIGONIAN

How could anyone congratulate any team yday? Worthless final.

I dont blame our players, who massively handicapped by a management.

Any Connacht final Sligo are involved in should be renamed the Charity Connacht final. We had no gameplan, we lost our shape 10mins in to the 2nd half, and we had no forwards, and Roscommon want congrats for being shite aswell. Denis Jonston should of just handed ye the trophy before the game and would of saved us alot of trouble.

I dont think I was ever as down after game, we had far more talent than ros and we blew it big time. The ros lads on here wont understand where im coming from because they dont know our players but the Sligo lads will.

[Mod edit: Unnecessary abuse]
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Indeed us Ross lads don't know where your coming from?

far more talent? us Rossies have the best bunch of Young players coming through for 4/5 years now  but we try not to hype them up but i wasn't aware of the Sligo talent coming through?

maybe you overated your boys? & good players don't make a great teams!

Sure it was a low scoring poor game yesterday but the last two years we played Mayo in two high scoring exciting games & lost >:(

so i know which one i prefer  ;)

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: ross4life on April 04, 2010, 02:29:08 PM

far more talent? us Rossies have the best bunch of Young players coming through for 4/5 years now  but we try not to hype them up but i wasn't aware of the Sligo talent coming through?

Sure it was a low scoring poor game yesterday but the last two years we played Mayo in two high scoring exciting games & lost >:(

You try not to hype them up??!!!

You never f**king shut up about them!
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Turlough O Carolan

Sligonian, we know Sligo have a very talented team. You don't simply beat Galway in Tuam (who were All-Ireland minor champs at this grade in 2007) without being a very good team. Ros actually beat Sligo comprehensively in the corresponding minor fixture in 2007 (with many of the same players involved). That gap has clearly narrowed. Yesterday was ugly due to many things, including the weather and the considerable pressure on both teams: Sligo to win their first U21 title with home advantage before a big crowd, Ros - younger players - to once again haul their county out of the dumps as the seniors head for Division 4. That tension was felt by everyone, players and supporters alike. As already noted, we've had very talented U21 teams in 2008 and 2009 who went out in thrillers to Mayo. We'll take this very ugly win. That Ros team can and will play a lot better now that they've left behind the dogfight that was the Connacht U21 title this year. Hard luck to Sligo, there's no county in Connacht that we'd rather see win Connacht titles than the Sligo men and a bit more attention to the underage structures in the county would surely pay of, as it has for Ros this last number of years.

ross4life

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 04, 2010, 02:35:45 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 04, 2010, 02:29:08 PM

You try not to hype them up??!!!

You never f**king shut up about them!

nope i mostly talk about the bad luck our young players had v your lot

thankfully that changed for the better this year ;)

magpie seanie

Quote from: mjg on April 04, 2010, 02:36:27 AM
God the better team won jeez any congrats from any of ye?

Can you not read?

Good post Turlough. The tension did play a part but our management got things badly wrong. One lad who came on in midfield in Tuam just after half time and excelled was never introduced at all and that's just one example.