CONNAUGHT U21 FOOTBALL FINAL

Started by rocco, March 29, 2010, 10:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: ross4life on April 04, 2010, 02:48:03 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 04, 2010, 02:35:45 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 04, 2010, 02:29:08 PM
Indeed us Ross lads don't know where your coming from?

far more talent? us Rossies have the best bunch of Young players coming through for 4/5 years now  but we try not to hype them up but i wasn't aware of the Sligo talent coming through?

maybe you overated your boys? & good players don't make a great teams!

Sure it was a low scoring poor game yesterday but the last two years we played Mayo in two high scoring exciting games & lost >:(

so i know which one i prefer  ;)

You try not to hype them up??!!!

You never f**king shut up about them!

nope i mostly talk about the bad luck our young players had v your lot

thankfully that changed for the better this year ;)

Not you personally, I mean Rossies in general.

That's why it was so funny when the same ones who were in your face week after week gloating about the 2006 minors for 3 years solid suddenly started running for cover when I met them around late June last year.

"Go way from me, I don't want to talk to ya"

"But i couldn't get rid of you for three years. How'd you manage to get beat by 20? I thought Fergie was going to be your messiah?"

"Ah he's only a bollix, hasn't a clue on the line"

"But...but..."

<Roscommon man legs it into shop>

Priceless stuff!!
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ross4life

fair Enough Kramer

for the record of the 2006 minor team only Domican, Flynn, Shine, Devaney & McHugh Started that 20 point defeat

& Flynn & Devaney haven't played much for the seniors since

Looks like Dubs next up for us as they lead westmeath 0-8 to 0-3
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

small white mayoman

well done to the rossies on yesterdays win , i had the misfortune for the 1st time in my life to listen to commentary from ocean fm and tommy clarke , lord lanteren jesus i thought someone was taking the pis* i swear to god all you could hear for the full match was" the roscommon man has the ball he passes to another roscommon man the ball is intercepted  by a sligo man who passes it to another sligo man " the only man he seemed to know on the pitch was vincent neary, and i thought mad west was bad
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on April 04, 2010, 02:44:59 PM
Sligonian, we know Sligo have a very talented team. You don't simply beat Galway in Tuam (who were All-Ireland minor champs at this grade in 2007) without being a very good team. Ros actually beat Sligo comprehensively in the corresponding minor fixture in 2007 (with many of the same players involved). That gap has clearly narrowed. Yesterday was ugly due to many things, including the weather and the considerable pressure on both teams: Sligo to win their first U21 title with home advantage before a big crowd, Ros - younger players - to once again haul their county out of the dumps as the seniors head for Division 4. That tension was felt by everyone, players and supporters alike. As already noted, we've had very talented U21 teams in 2008 and 2009 who went out in thrillers to Mayo. We'll take this very ugly win. That Ros team can and will play a lot better now that they've left behind the dogfight that was the Connacht U21 title this year. Hard luck to Sligo, there's no county in Connacht that we'd rather see win Connacht titles than the Sligo men and a bit more attention to the underage structures in the county would surely pay of, as it has for Ros this last number of years.

What was wrong with the weather yday? Pressure, Sligo team shouldnt of been under pressure.

We were poor in Tuam, but finished strong with the right team. I still cant believe Conor Brady was first sub on yday and james clarke didnt even get a run.

You can have all the underage structures who want, but when you have managers over underage teams who havent a clue, about keeping the shape, picking the right team, etc... it can mess it up.

I honestly didnt see one footballer on the ross side, it was just hoof it in and hope for a free, and shine is poor from play, he is a giant of man, but cant pass and he was inconsistent from frees. It'll be interesting to see him next weekend under no pressure. I can see how yer talent isnt coming through, not much football ability.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 04, 2010, 04:23:24 PM

I honestly didnt see one footballer on the ross side, it was just hoof it in and hope for a free, and shine is poor from play, he is a giant of man, but cant pass and he was inconsistent from frees. It'll be interesting to see him next weekend under no pressure. I can see how yer talent isnt coming through, not much football ability.

Common Sligonian are you gonna judge Rossies players on one display yesterday?

it was a dogfight one which may help us in the long run

As for talent not coming through  ::) our best players today in Seniors are Domican, shine & higgins,  it's the Experience players that are useless

But having talent coming through from good under age teams doesn't seem to be a problem for sligo or maybe i'm forgeting a good team you had in minor or under 21 in recent years?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Well it's Dubs next!  Dublin 1-12 Westmeath 0-9

April 17th maybe longford or Portlaoise

neilthemac

If you don't have a good manager and management team then you'll win sweet f all.

Ros over the last two years had the winning of that Connacht U21 title but the management just couldn't get them over the line and a bit of experience was lacking in the management side. Similarily with our minor team the last few years we have just narrowly failed to win the title. Coaching skills is one thing, but you have to know the players well. And how to run a game from the sideline

So you can sing all you want about talent and structures, but its down to the county board to ensure a very capable and experienced manager is in charge of a county team. At any level. U16 up to senior

And well done Ros.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 04, 2010, 04:35:38 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 04, 2010, 04:23:24 PM

Common Sligonian are you gonna judge Rossies players on one display yesterday?

it was a dogfight one which may help us in the long run

As for talent not coming through  ::) our best players today in Seniors are Domican, shine & higgins,  it's the Experience players that are useless

But having talent coming through from good under age teams doesn't seem to be a problem for sligo or maybe i'm forgeting a good team you had in minor or under 21 in recent years?

No but, come on Im not far off the mark with what ye showed yday. I said i look forward to seeing shine next Sunday didnt I. Well your knowledge of Sligo underage over the last few yrs is what ross4life? Zero. Im very optimistic about Sligos future at senior.

Neilthemac gets my point, we might not win anything underage because our county board select there cronies as managers, and thus ensure we mess it up time and time again, but it looks like at Senior we have the right man, he maybe a bit slower than me to see things but he gets there unlike the clowns at underage. I reserve my judgement on mulhern until after june 27th but that was a positive yday with all the attractas lads missing and injured players.

I actually rememeber in the early 2000s that Queenan who was CB Chairman at the time, apologises to families of players and supporters at how badly prepared our u21 team was for championship. Thats Sligo football for ya. We should get one off Murphy this yr. I also remember my relations in Meath who came down to play Sligo for a challenge and were disgusted at how bad we were prepared.

We have the talent and coaching and structures nearly all in place to maximise our potential, and someday we will get lucky and have the right man in charge at underage, I hope Bernard is one.

The shape of the seniors is coming along nicely, so im happy enough there. Next Sunday cant come quick enough.

In saying all of the above I do hope Roscommon improve ALOT to win it out, goes without saying good luck.

ross4life

Well i wouldn't say Zero as i know ye got too the under 21 final last year but got hammered by Mayo

even leitrim have won two under 21s connaughts

at minor level it's 1998 since ye even got to a connaught final

my point is Roscommon & leitrim need underage success to make a break through at senior level & Stats alone on Sligo proves different?

you just seem to find good players without success at underage

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 04, 2010, 07:15:57 PM
Well i wouldn't say Zero as i know ye got too the under 21 final last year but got hammered by Mayo

even leitrim have won two under 21s connaughts

at minor level it's 1998 since ye even got to a connaught final

my point is Roscommon & leitrim need underage success to make a break through at senior level & Stats alone on Sligo proves different?

you just seem to find good players without success at underage

That would be well known in Sligo that we somehow dont need underage success to produce good seniors. Alot of our players develop after 21 far more so than other counties. We have the players at every level to win Connacht most years, mental blocks and poor management cost us, that is my firm belief.

neilthemac

its probably why Sligo don't win underage titles. Ye take yer beatings and don't learn from them.

the last few years Mayo identified having better and experienced managers at underage levels as being crucial.

success and a winning habit at underage will eventually filter through to senior teams.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: neilthemac on April 04, 2010, 07:35:25 PM
its probably why Sligo don't win underage titles. Ye take yer beatings and don't learn from them.

the last few years Mayo identified having better and experienced managers at underage levels as being crucial.

success and a winning habit at underage will eventually filter through to senior teams.

We beat Galway in Tuam and I saw loads of areas to improve the team which the management didnt. We do learn from defeats even victories but what can fans do only support.

The problem in Sligo is people like me arent getting underage jobs. Id love to get involved. Call me if your listening. ;) Brennan should of got the u21 job this yr. Murphy didnt even interview him. That is unforgivable. Problem in Sligo is our County chairman and thank God for the 5 yr rule.

The ironic thing about Sligo is our seniors have out performed our underage massively last 15 yrs...

Rossfan

It seems we only won the U21 Final because Sligo had a bad manager  ::)
Well done to all concerned on a Title we badly needed to win to show that the recent good minor performances are following on.
We werent great yesterday but we never gave up despite a precarious lead after playing with the wind , an unsympathetic Prent Referee and some silly second half tactics e.g Donie as well as missing frees kept passing balls to Sligo lads and also kept lorrying in high ones to a small full forward line.
Upwards and onwards but we have no hope at all against Dublin.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

I'm surprised that Sligo lads aren't blaming Vincent Neary for another loss!!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zulu

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 04, 2010, 07:45:58 PM
Quote from: neilthemac on April 04, 2010, 07:35:25 PM

We beat Galway in Tuam and I saw loads of areas to improve the team which the management didnt. We do learn from defeats even victories but what can fans do only support.

The problem in Sligo is people like me arent getting underage jobs. Id love to get involved. Call me if your listening. ;) Brennan should of got the u21 job this yr. Murphy didnt even interview him. That is unforgivable. Problem in Sligo is our County chairman and thank God for the 5 yr rule.

The ironic thing about Sligo is our seniors have out performed our underage massively last 15 yrs...

Do you coach yourself and why haven't you applied for the minor or U21 job, or have you?