CONNAUGHT U21 FOOTBALL FINAL

Started by rocco, March 29, 2010, 10:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocco

ROSCOMMON V SLIGO  sat 3rd april

SLIGONIAN

Connacht, is spelt this way im reliably informed..

I say bring it on, look we are underdogs, but sure we'll turn up anyway as its in Sligo ;)... to be honest I cant wait to see the team, alot hinges on that.

Throw in is at 17.00, game is preceded by Sligo v Roscommon minors, at 15.15.

Can Sligo win our first u21 title? Would be great to start off the week that way with St Attractas in an All Ireland final and Sligo gunning for Div2 the weekend after. Sligo football is on the move.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

I hear now it's at 5.30.
If we play as we did in the second half v Rhubarbland then Sligo will have to be good to beat us.
For me it's a 50/50 game and hopefully Ros/Sligo Connacht Finals will be a more regular feature in years to come esp at Senior level.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GAA_Punter

One would have to fancy Ross for this one big time

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

SLIGONIAN

I heard Vincent Neary is the ref. He reffed Galway v Sligo, to be honest he is very whistle happy but fair and I'll take that anyday over some of the bias refereeing ive seen lately.

Farrandeelin

Jes lads, if Mayo were in this there'd be a couple of pages on it already. Ye are both either too excited to post or afraid to in case ye're predictions turn out to be wrong. ;) So which one is it?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 31, 2010, 11:34:30 AM
Jes lads, if Mayo were in this there'd be a couple of pages on it already. Ye are both either too excited to post or afraid to in case ye're predictions turn out to be wrong. ;) So which one is it?

In fairness if they handed out medals for talking about football ye Mayo lads would be carting them around in wheelbarrows.

Turlough O Carolan

Much as we alll enjoy the pages and pages of Mayo navel gazing, the Ros and Sligo lads are by nature slower to start but a hoor to stop once we get going. We might need to debate the proper way to spell Connacht first before we move onto the real thing. It's definitely Connacht. Connaught is usually the preferred spelling of the big gentry landlords over in Galway and Mayo. Those lads will be out counting their horses and cattle Saturday evening wondering where the extra hour of daylight came from.

heineken_on_tap

Board seems to have plenty of Mayo lads alright, not all that many from Ros or Sligo.

As Rossfan said its a 50/50 game but whoever wins should have the quality to cause plenty of problems for any of the teams remaining.

SLIGONIAN

To be honest alot of the Sligolads have left the board. Dont know why ;)..

But sometimes i feel im talking to myself :D. The Sligo club is more a blog than anything else.

The Sligo team Id like to see picked would be the following:

McGovern
Gaughan C Davey Daniel Maye
G Gilsenan B O Boyle K Cawley
Burns J Clarke
P Kelly J Hynes D Gilsenan
Judge P Clarke David Maye

Alot depends on the team selection, to be honest I wont say it on here, but when I see the team picked I'll know straight away if we have a chance.

Farrandeelin

That's how to spell the name of the province in which I live. Happy now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Ros team announced ...
O'Malley, Sharkey Collins M.Higgins, McKeague Daly Bannon, K.Higgins Carty,Garvey Shine Murtagh, Kilroy Shine McDermott.
It's along expected lines and Darren McDermott , if fully fit, should improve the forward line from the starting line up the last day.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Definitely potential for scores from those Ros forwards, but delivery on the day is what will count.
Otherwise, all the potential means nothing. I rate it a 50/50 game.

neilthemac

Roscommon to win by at least 4 points.
I always remember the 1999 U21 final in the Hyde with Sligo supporters outnumbering the locals by at least 3-1. It was great to see them leaving early in the heavy rain and set off down the road towards Foxe's