Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: longball on May 29, 2009, 04:11:54 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 29, 2009, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on May 29, 2009, 01:00:41 PM
To be fair there's alot of teams in Div 3 that would rely alot on two or three players to make the difference. And bar last night I can't think of any team that turned us over easily so I don't think we're too far away. I'd still like to think we could get back on track and push for a play of spot. This division is competitive enough that all teams will slip up at some stage.

I'd agree with that. We've played Aghaloo and Fintona who are the top two at present. Both games we could've taken something from with a bit of luck. Look at Aghaloo (8 wins from 8), and their results. A one point win over the Derg, two over ourselves and numerous narrow wins. They could easilly have dropped 5 or 6 points, instead they are on the max

What's the craic with EC III? They started the season very poorly, but since have rattled off a few big wins.

From speaking to a couple of EC III guys it sounds like this is the first time they've had their full team out. Which is a scary sign for the rest of us!!
Big result for the Derg there alright. Dungannon just don't seem to be able to put a run together. Bummer you must have enjoyed that result over the Tats. Bragging rights for a while!
Boys back home from college now and soccer over

supersarsfields

EC Unique

It has got nothing to do with soccer !!!   A few lads back from over the water and a few long term injuries clearing up. Some great talent on the panel this year with a few very experienced seniors retired to the 3rds. I think they will be hard to beat if they keep the panel together.

na cleirigh

dungannon result might be a shock to some but you must realise that dungannon are a junior team and thats the cold reality. no point in thinking of dungannon as a former power house because we are not. I think this year is going to continue to be a mixed bag, the team is made up of either old players coming to the end of their careers or young boys just beginning so between them there's many possibilities for mistakes to be made. capable of beating anyone in this division on their day but equally capable of being exposed for pace/power/naivity on any given day also. If it doesn't happen this year we just keeping rebuilding until it does.
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 29, 2009, 11:04:06 PM
Is this the biggest  :o result of the season to date?

O'Neill Sportswear Tyrone ACL Div 3
Castlederg St. Eugene's 3-9 v Dungannon Thomas Clarkes 2-5

I thought their rock bottom was the Hill result but that's a new low.

What's the story with Dungannon? Are they not getting numbers in at all?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

KIDDO 4

Monday 1st June – 7.30pm
O'Neills ACFL Div 3 Reserve
Errigal Ciaran III v Drumquin

Wednesday 3rd June – 7.30pm
O'Neills U21 Grade 1
Ardboe v Eglish
Derrylaughan v Coalisland
Cookstown v Clonoe
Errigal Ciaran v An Charraig Mhor
Killyclogher v Omagh
Augher v Dromore
Moortown v Naomh Mhuire

O'Neills U21 Grade 2
Kildress v Pomeroy
Trillick v Gortin
Glenelly v Loughmacrory

O'Neills U21 Grade 3
Derrytresk v Brockagh
ER O'Neills v Aghyaran
Beragh v Fintona

Friday 5th June – 7.45pm
Joe McGarrity Junior League Cup
Dungannon v Derrytresk
Drumragh v Dregish

Saturday 6th June – 4.15 & 5.45pm Senior & Reserve
O'Neills ACFL Div 3
Fintona v Errigal Ciaran III

Sunday 7th June – 2.15 & 3.45pm Senior & Reserve
O'Neills ACFL Div 1
Coalisland v Clonoe – 5.15pm & 6.45pm
Donaghmore v Ardboe
Dromore v Aghyaran
Eglish v Loughmacrory
Errigal Ciaran v Moy
Galbally v Killyclogher
Kildress v Omagh
Trillick v An Charraig Mhor

O'Neills ACFL Div 2
Strabane v Stewartstown
Clann na nGael v Pomeroy
Derrylaughan v Killyman
Edendork v Killeeshil
Eskra v Greencastle
Cookstown v Rock
Augher v Moortown
Urney v Gortin

O'Neills ACFL Div 3
Aghaloo v Drumquin
Beragh v Clogher
Brackaville v Derrytresk
Brockagh v Castlederg
Glenelly v ER O'Neills
Newtownstewart v Drumragh
Dungannon v Dregish

nothingbettertobeat

can i ask what was the tyrone minor goalkeeper was at for those two penalties in todays game.very poor keeping nat diving but running to a post!!never seen worse
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

tyroneboi

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on May 31, 2009, 02:52:20 PM
can i ask what was the tyrone minor goalkeeper was at for those two penalties in todays game.very poor keeping nat diving but running to a post!!never seen worse

It was Niall Morgan from Edendork. He gambled and picked a side both times and the fella put it in the other corner. More to do with the skill of the taker and wouldnt put any blame on Niall for the goals.

orangeman

He's a very good goalkeeper usually - didn't save either penalty - both were well placed -for the second one he reckoned the Armagh man wouldn't put in the same place but he did. Not much he could have done about them really. One for the future in my book - very young keeper.

bigfrank

Hats off to pat mc enaney today,thought he done a great job and made little if any bad calls!!! Just for the record i thought o neill and justy were class!! Also thought PJ quinn had best game for tyrone and dooher's introduction for a sluggish tommy was first class by harte!!

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 31, 2009, 04:49:57 PM

It was Niall Morgan from Edendork. He gambled and picked a side both times and the fella put it in the other corner. More to do with the skill of the taker and wouldnt put any blame on Niall for the goals.

i have nothing against him but speaking for a goalkeeping point of view as im a goalkeeper myself the advantage is with the goalkeeper in gaelic football.
the goals are alot narrower than in soccer and ud usually see goalkeeper picking a corner in soccer other than gaelic.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

orangeman

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on May 31, 2009, 07:55:44 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on May 31, 2009, 04:49:57 PM

i have nothing against him but speaking for a goalkeeping point of view as im a goalkeeper myself the advantage is with the goalkeeper in gaelic football.
the goals are alot narrower than in soccer and ud usually see goalkeeper picking a corner in soccer other than gaelic.

I saw part of the mangement who was a former goalie having a word with him before the 2nd penalty - he might have been given a bot of advive as to what road to dive ??

l-iver

Was that Tyrones best minor side today???.....Radio commentators seemed to question positions of many of the starting team

orangeman

Quote from: l-iver on May 31, 2009, 09:42:26 PM
Was that Tyrones best minor side today???.....Radio commentators seemed to question positions of many of the starting team

Probably was the best 15 that they had available. I know they had a few injuries alright.

tyronefan

thought they done well against a well fancied Armagh side