Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: Onthe40 on June 02, 2014, 10:39:22 AM
Clonoe v Dromoe
Omagh v Eglish
Augher v Carrickmore
Moy v Ardboe

So there we have it folks, ties provisionally scheduled in for W/E 3rd October :)
Alot can happen before these games are likely to take place, but should be 4 feisty affairs with all 8 fancying their chances of a last 4 spot..Carmen tie being the easiest to call obviously, no disrespect to Augher.

I think 3 are easy enough to call with the clonoe dromore game being hardest!

EC Unique

Quote from: Up The Middle on June 02, 2014, 09:41:16 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 30, 2014, 11:37:36 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on May 30, 2014, 11:25:49 PM
EC as bad as the ref was Errigal kicked it away. Clonoe  acted the tramps after the game roaring at Errigal as they left the pitch. Shameful stuff.

I know. We hit too many wides. Simple as that. That is why I'm so sick. We were the better team and more disciplined but left the shooting boots at home. I would expect nothing else from Clonoe.

Ha this is brilliant, your showing your true colours now EC. You and your crowd are all the same you are real nice guys when you are winning and when it dosent go your way we see your true colours. Your arrogance knows no bounds. Enjoy the rest of your season (at least your manager wont have to worry about managing against Ballinderry now)

Are you not a bit annoyed by the behaviour of you players after the final whistle? One of them stupidly ruling himself out of a big tie against Dromore?

Up The Middle

Far from it, i couldnt be prouder of the effort those lads put in. Are you a little bit annoyed that your lads didnt have it in them to finish the job.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

EC Unique

Quote from: Up The Middle on June 02, 2014, 11:12:33 AM
Far from it, i couldnt be prouder of the effort those lads put in. Are you a little bit annoyed that your lads didnt have it in them to finish the job.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I'm very annoyed at the fact they dominated 2 thirds of the game but could not take their scores. Sick about it but that's football. Did you see the McGinley black card? What did you think of it?

Up The Middle

Very very harsh. Sludden ruined the game we went 5 up and he stopped giving us frees, its as though he relaised he had ruined the game and was trying to make ammends. We could have had another 2 black cards as well, saying that Harte should have walked for his punch at half time. No refereee was going to make all the right calls but McNamee would in my opinion have did a far better job than Sludden.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

hugh the root

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on June 02, 2014, 06:44:58 AM
Did i witness Jayo (the spitter) and a manager/mentor go at it on the Cookstown line?
Typical Cookstown, all fart no shite!!! They will probably win the all-ireleand intermediate next year.
Mulligan also threw a half hearted head but at Marty McKeown Lucky for him it didn't land as it would have been terrible to end a colourful career with the biggest kicking any man deserved! Jayo got involved with an elderly man but again he did nt try too hard to get over the wire as he knows the softest part of Ardboe men is their teeth!Whoever sent Cookstown out with such tactics should not be involved with any club! moy will give Ardboe their fill as they actually try to play football

Christmas Lights

After a wonderful 4 days of championship football in Tyrone, we where also greeted by some of the greatest social media comments and rants as a result of the games.

Is it all getting a bit personal and has sportsmanship went completely out of gaelic football?

redhandloo

The social media thing is spiralling out of control.  Can players be sanctioned for inappropriate comments? Just a thought.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

stalwart

what comments and where are they on ?

EC Unique

Quote from: Up The Middle on June 02, 2014, 11:38:38 AM
Very very harsh. Sludden ruined the game we went 5 up and he stopped giving us frees, its as though he relaised he had ruined the game and was trying to make ammends. We could have had another 2 black cards as well, saying that Harte should have walked for his punch at half time. No refereee was going to make all the right calls but McNamee would in my opinion have did a far better job than Sludden.

Sludden was a joke against both teams. He over rates his own importance way too much. Ciaran is devastated at getting sent off and we feel he may have been the difference.

The fact that Dromore were playing the winners of the game should have ruled him out IMO.

smort

They are shown above stalwart  ::)  :o

Christmas Lights

Quote from: redhandloo on June 02, 2014, 12:05:39 PM
The social media thing is spiralling out of control.  Can players be sanctioned for inappropriate comments? Just a thought.

In an amateur sport, I'd say no, not at all.  Freedom of speech and all that.
Its the world we live in now.

MCO

Quote from: hugh the root on June 02, 2014, 11:39:13 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on June 02, 2014, 06:44:58 AM
Did i witness Jayo (the spitter) and a manager/mentor go at it on the Cookstown line?
Typical Cookstown, all fart no shite!!! They will probably win the all-ireleand intermediate next year.
Mulligan also threw a half hearted head but at Marty McKeown Lucky for him it didn't land as it would have been terrible to end a colourful career with the biggest kicking any man deserved! Jayo got involved with an elderly man but again he did nt try too hard to get over the wire as he knows the softest part of Ardboe men is their teeth!Whoever sent Cookstown out with such tactics should not be involved with any club! moy will give Ardboe their fill as they actually try to play football

Not that I'd be a huge fan of Ardboe but I was delighted with yesterday's result. Cookstown need to reflect on themselves as a club and what values they are trying to promote. I understand that its hard to control some personalities particularly those who have a certain amount of talent but it has possibly gone on long enough at this stage for Cookstown. I watched Quinn after he got sent off, what could only be described as an embarrassment, if you are going to jump a wire for god sake jump it.  A subsequent exchange(hold me back and let me at him type approach) with another Ardboe spectator who to be fair had too much vodka in his coca cola bottle during the game. The icing on the cake was Quinn's exchange of punches with Paul McGurk after the match as they left the dugout. I can only suspect Paul(a complete gentleman  FME) offered the rationale of common sense Fr Rocks clubmen of whome I know there to be many. I watched a number of occasions yesterday how Cookstown men went to ground to control the tempo of the game, occurrences clearly orchestrated from the sideline. This accompanied by their on the field values yesterday and over this last couple of years might direct huge questions at the current management structure.

Ardboe have an ability to control a game at key times which may be telling against their next opponents.

Under Lights

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 02, 2014, 12:12:37 PM
Quote from: redhandloo on June 02, 2014, 12:05:39 PM

In an amateur sport, I'd say no, not at all.  Freedom of speech and all that.
Its the world we live in now.

I think it's deadly. Highlights the fookwittery and lack of common sense of people. Even better when the likes of Clonoe are celebrating on a public domain- means any fall or slip up will be highlighted in the same vein.

I'm not on any of them social media sites so keep any updates on the backlash coming.

bogball88

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 02, 2014, 11:45:24 AM
After a wonderful 4 days of championship football in Tyrone, we where also greeted by some of the greatest social media comments and rants as a result of the games.

Is it all getting a bit personal and has sportsmanship went completely out of gaelic football?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o