Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

I was at the omagh island game. V enjoyable game.

Thought that coalisland played well but got tactics wrong and some key decisions wrong at crucial times. They kept O'Neill very quiet by double marking but once O'Neill came out the field for last 15 it worked better for omagh.

Coal island seem to try and defend the lead too early instead of widening the gap when they were on top. Peter Donnellys decision to kick a 50/50 ball near the end of the game instead of lay off to free runners was poor as it resulted in a big score for omagh.

Conor O'Donnell was quiet enough the whole match but showed his class when he popped up with 2 class points to win it.

Niall Kerr played very well for coalisland but he let himself and his club down badly when the game was up for coalisland he busted Starrs v.dirty off the ball. It was right in front of were I was and starrs never seen him coming and it was an awful hard slap!

Great champo stuff overall though!

Aaron Boone

Looks like the Moy will not be stopped.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tyrone Gaa

Cookstown lived upto expectation!!

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 31, 2014, 08:14:54 AM
How many of Cookstowns league Games were you at last year?

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 31, 2014, 03:31:12 AM
Was appalled at Clonoe tonight. First 10 minutes they were a joy to watch had 6 points on the board. They then for some reason sat back and tried to be Donegal for the rest of the half with 13 men behind the ball. Colly Dorris was still on the pitch at this stage. When he got sent off Clonoe panicked. Errigal lacked composure. One time after Micky O'Neill decided to take on half the Errigal team they turned him over and had 2 on 1 where a simple fist pass would have resulted in a goal and probably killed the game. Individual brilliance from Ryan O'Neill saved their skins and the timing of the goal knocked Errigal for 6.

I had a perfect view of the scenes at the end. Harte refused a hand shake from Patrick Dorris. Dorris then said something that made Harte stop and turn. Dorris threw 2 punches before Harte lifted a fist. In my opinion Patrick Dorris was instructed to get under Hartes skin which he did very well from before the first whistle. However this was unbelievibly negitive from Clonoe who have the quality in their squad not needing to lower themselves to those tactics. I'd associate that more with Cookstown the way they played their league games last year.
Living the dream!!!

Club Rossa

Not a vintage performance by any means from the Rossa's today but we're just thankful to be in the quarters.Massive improvement needed to beat the Moy.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dell on May 31, 2014, 03:31:55 PM
Quote from: roney on May 31, 2014, 12:04:04 PM
GAA Official Guide 2014, Part I. Rule 7.2 Infractions.

A One Match Suspension, applicable to the
next game in the Competitions specified,
even if that game occurs in the following year.
Don't think so Dromore had man sent of in county final two years ago and played first round the following year. Does anyone know if a card given for an incident after the final whistle carries a greater suspension?

I think this rule was only brought in/ amended at this year's congress.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

sam03/05

Ref was a disgrace in Ardboe v Cookstown game.

Shea McGuigan struck at least three times and no red card. (On the last incident he gets a yellow for a clear strike which the linesman put his flag up for). How can you get a yellow for a punch to the face. Was very quick to flash the red card the other way for two incidents he did not see as he was facing the play.

Ardboe were better team on the day, but they faced 14 men for most of the game.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 01, 2014, 08:09:24 PM
Ref was a disgrace in Ardboe v Cookstown game.

Shea McGuigan struck at least three times and no red card. (On the last incident he gets a yellow for a clear strike which the linesman put his flag up for). How can you get a yellow for a punch to the face. Was very quick to flash the red card the other way for two incidents he did not see as he was facing the play.

Ardboe were better team on the day, but they faced 14 men for most of the game.

The fact that both got a yellow for the same incident tells it's own story as it was the linesman who brought it to the refs attention. Never seen it myself so can't comment. Also Mugsy was no angel either in the scuffle before half time.  Can have no problem with the 2 red cards either. Clear as day. No mention of the lack of black card for Cookstown goalkeeper after giving away the penalty either!

sam03/05

i have no problem with the two reds.
but mcguigan punched to the face, linesman sees it, and ref gives a yellow.
in the earlier incident he gave a red for pretty much same thing. does not add up.

Coney had an excellent game, could Tyrone play him out round the middle more...

inroundthesquare

Some amount of red cards over the weekend, 2 for Carmen and 1 for Eskra tonight. Not sure what Michael Gallagher was thinking struck in 2 separate incidents when the game was over as a contest. Was trying his best to get sent off and now misses the next round, although you would expect them to get past Augher handy enough. Conor Gormley had an immense game at midfield, definitely still a lot of football in him.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 01, 2014, 07:02:15 PM
Quote from: Dell on May 31, 2014, 03:31:55 PM
Quote from: roney on May 31, 2014, 12:04:04 PM
GAA Official Guide 2014, Part I. Rule 7.2 Infractions.

A One Match Suspension, applicable to the
next game in the Competitions specified,
even if that game occurs in the following year.
Don't think so Dromore had man sent of in county final two years ago and played first round the following year. Does anyone know if a card given for an incident after the final whistle carries a greater suspension?

I think this rule was only brought in/ amended at this year's congress.

So what exactly is the suspension now for a red? 4 weeks with at least one game in the comp it happened?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Moortown Spuds

Did i witness Jayo (the spitter) and a manager/mentor go at it on the Cookstown line?
Typical Cookstown, all fart no shite!!! They will probably win the all-ireleand intermediate next year.

Club Rossa

Quinn and one of our supporters exchanged verbals while he was going off.Thought he was going to climb over the wire and go into the stand but he didn't.
Was plenty going on yesterday,last year's league game was the same and there's no love lost between the sides.I didn't see what Hughes got the line for.Quinn can have no complaints about his sending off.Cookstown boys around me were adamant that Shay McGuigan should have got the line,again I didn't see what he done.
We didn't play well but Cookstown battled well with 14 men and made a game out of it.Kyle Coney had a good game and Nishy O'Neill put in a great shift.
Anyone know what's wrong with John Gilmore?Big miss to that Cookstown team.

Up The Middle

Quote from: EC Unique on May 30, 2014, 11:37:36 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on May 30, 2014, 11:25:49 PM
EC as bad as the ref was Errigal kicked it away. Clonoe  acted the tramps after the game roaring at Errigal as they left the pitch. Shameful stuff.

I know. We hit too many wides. Simple as that. That is why I'm so sick. We were the better team and more disciplined but left the shooting boots at home. I would expect nothing else from Clonoe.

Ha this is brilliant, your showing your true colours now EC. You and your crowd are all the same you are real nice guys when you are winning and when it dosent go your way we see your true colours. Your arrogance knows no bounds. Enjoy the rest of your season (at least your manager wont have to worry about managing against Ballinderry now)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Onthe40

Clonoe v Dromoe
Omagh v Eglish
Augher v Carrickmore
Moy v Ardboe

So there we have it folks, ties provisionally scheduled in for W/E 3rd October :)
Alot can happen before these games are likely to take place, but should be 4 feisty affairs with all 8 fancying their chances of a last 4 spot..Carmen tie being the easiest to call obviously, no disrespect to Augher.