Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on February 16, 2016, 03:59:31 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 16, 2016, 03:35:40 PM
Quote from: stew on February 15, 2016, 11:48:11 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 15, 2016, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 15, 2016, 08:44:30 PM
I thought I made it fairly clear in my initial post that it's hard to see Pochettino leaving Spurs for United if they win the league?

Regardless - if LVG goes this hiring and firing of managers has to stop. You can't build success that way. It's another reason why Jose must be avoided. He might win/cheat his was to a few trophies but when he leaves in 3 years there will be a mess left behind. Be careful what you wish for, the quick fix rarely works.

Yeah would totally agree with you. Mourinho doesent last anywhere more than three seasons, and what will he leave in his wake? Probably an ageing squad and a dysfunctional setup . I wouldn't have him about the place.

Nor would I.

Its certainly been overplayed that Mourinho leaves a team in a mess, where has this happened?

Perhaps at Inter he left an ageing squad but he he was only there 2 years, he spent about £30m in his time at Inter taking into account players leaving and won the European Cup in his 2nd and last season. Chelsea reached the European Cup final the season after he left as did Real Madrid.

This time round at Chelsea he couldn't buy the players he wanted last summer and even over the 3 summers he was there he's only spent about £60m when you take into account the players who have left. Its a fraction of what he was allowed to spend first time round and Chelsea don't have the financial fire power they used to have. He did make a few mistakes in Lukaku and De Bruyne but at the time they weren't good enough to be 1st choice and both players have admitted they were desperate to leave the club.

My main issue with him is his failure to give younger players a chance, his style of football will be similar to what Fergie played from about 2008 onwards. The last season where we were really great to watch was 2007-08.

Its more the environment he leaves behind him than the actual players? Real and Chelsea players were both in open revolt against him by the time he left

I can't recall what happened at Real but at Chelsea he was acting like he wanted the sack all season, we don't know happened at the club but it looked like he wasn't happy there from the 1st game this season. That doesn't bother me, I'm happy to have him around for a few years before he moves on. If we were to get him or Pochettino I'd be delighted, just don't see where else we can turn too; Our options are now very limited as Klopp, Pep & Ancelotti have new jobs. It looks like Blanc is staying in Paris and Simeone doesn't  speak English.

laoislad

Funny how when Pep was being linked to Man City he was apparently being disrespectful towards the current management,  but now with the Jose situation being similar with United there is nothing about disrespect on here.
Hey nrico....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on February 16, 2016, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 16, 2016, 04:22:18 PM
I thought I made it fairly clear in my initial post that it's hard to see Pochettino leaving Spurs for United if they win the league?

Regardless - if LVG goes this hiring and firing of managers has to stop. You can't build success that way. It's another reason why Jose must be avoided. He might win/cheat his was to a few trophies but when he leaves in 3 years there will be a mess left behind. Be careful what you wish for, the quick fix rarely works.

Yeah would totally agree with you. Mourinho doesent last anywhere more than three seasons, and what will he leave in his wake? Probably an ageing squad and a dysfunctional setup . I wouldn't have him about the place.

Nor would I.

Its certainly been overplayed that Mourinho leaves a team in a mess, where has this happened?

Perhaps at Inter he left an ageing squad but he he was only there 2 years, he spent about £30m in his time at Inter taking into account players leaving and won the European Cup in his 2nd and last season. Chelsea reached the European Cup final the season after he left as did Real Madrid.

This time round at Chelsea he couldn't buy the players he wanted last summer and even over the 3 summers he was there he's only spent about £60m when you take into account the players who have left. Its a fraction of what he was allowed to spend first time round and Chelsea don't have the financial fire power they used to have. He did make a few mistakes in Lukaku and De Bruyne but at the time they weren't good enough to be 1st choice and both players have admitted they were desperate to leave the club.

My main issue with him is his failure to give younger players a chance, his style of football will be similar to what Fergie played from about 2008 onwards. The last season where we were really great to watch was 2007-08.

Its more the environment he leaves behind him than the actual players? Real and Chelsea players were both in open revolt against him by the time he left

But there is one big thing that both Chelsea and Madrid have in common - both clubs are a shambles in how they are run, with so many people (outside the one that counts) interfering in first team affairs.  He won't have that problem at United.

Just in case you haven't noticed United are a shambles :-)

How?  Manager is given full control and nobody sticks their nose in from board level.  The fact that they are doing poorly on the pitch is the result of the manager not achieving the objectives set for him. 

Maroon Manc, I am of the same opinion.  Pochettino and Mourinho are the only two real candidates and Simeone would have language issues.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on February 16, 2016, 04:36:09 PM
Funny how when Pep was being linked to Man City he was apparently being disrespectful towards the current management,  but now with the Jose situation being similar with United there is nothing about disrespect on here.
Hey nrico....

How is it similar?  Jose or United haven't came out and said that there will be a change in management next year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 16, 2016, 04:36:37 PM

Nor would I.

But there is one big thing that both Chelsea and Madrid have in common - both clubs are a shambles in how they are run, with so many people (outside the one that counts) interfering in first team affairs.  He won't have that problem at United.

How?  Manager is given full control and nobody sticks their nose in from board level.  The fact that they are doing poorly on the pitch is the result of the manager not achieving the objectives set for him. 

Maroon Manc, I am of the same opinion.  Pochettino and Mourinho are the only two real candidates and Simeone would have language issues.

United are hardly short of a few bob. If they decide Simeone is the right guy for them, they should get him a translator.

laoislad

Simone is going to Chelsea.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Nor would I.

The football decisions at United are currently being made by an investment banker and two of the Glazers and you can't see its a shambles?

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on February 16, 2016, 05:16:03 PM

Nor would I.

The football decisions at United are currently being made by an investment banker and two of the Glazers and you can't see its a shambles?

What football decisions do you believe these individuals are making?

Maroon Manc

Nicky Butt takes the academy role after turning it turn months ago, a lot of nonsense written about United in crisis below the first team. The u21 team is top of the league featuring several of the youth team hence why the u18's have lost so many games, their best players have played for the u21's for the last 3 months. Its going to be very difficult for United to match City who offer free education at one of Manchester better Schools but the majority of these kids are based around the Manchester area and very few if any will make it into City's first team. The best young talent Manchester's had in a while is at United despite City's efforts.

United have had great success bringing in 15/16 year olds from overseas with players like Pique, Pogba, Rossi, Januzaj & Pereira.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 17, 2016, 09:45:58 AM
Nicky Butt takes the academy role after turning it turn months ago, a lot of nonsense written about United in crisis below the first team. The u21 team is top of the league featuring several of the youth team hence why the u18's have lost so many games, their best players have played for the u21's for the last 3 months. Its going to be very difficult for United to match City who offer free education at one of Manchester better Schools but the majority of these kids are based around the Manchester area and very few if any will make it into City's first team. The best young talent Manchester's had in a while is at United despite City's efforts.

United have had great success bringing in 15/16 year olds from overseas with players like Pique, Pogba, Rossi, Januzaj & Pereira.

Pffffttttt

screenexile

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 17, 2016, 09:45:58 AM

Is your definition of success going to other teams and playing well???

Or in the case of Januzaj & Pereira not even getting regular first team football for Utd??

magpie seanie

Rooney left out of the squad for tomorrow night. Any idea why?

Boycey

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 17, 2016, 08:19:12 AM
Quote from: Boycey on February 16, 2016, 05:16:03 PM

Nor would I.

What football decisions do you believe these individuals are making?

the decision about who does or doesn't manage the club for a start...

ONeill

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 17, 2016, 11:12:40 AM
Rooney left out of the squad for tomorrow night. Any idea why?

Salford Senior Citizens' Dinner and Ball.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Maroon Manc, if you keep posting nonsense like that, Seanie won't be able to give you the sensible poster of the week award.