Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easty88

As Tyrone supporters, it's very frustrating at the minute for all of us. Our lads deserve the best and it doesn't seem to be happening. We have the talent in the county to compete with anyone in Ireland over the next few years but we seem to be struggling. Our minors have underachieved in last number of years and are currently in a B competition which is embarrassing for Tyrone. Our seniors don't look to be progressing. the u20 team had great success but it seems the u20s were just such a talented group. But I think dook has to get some credit here as the same team couldn't win minor all Ireland which is easier won than an u20? I hate slating managers as they are all good enough fellas, giving their time but when is there going to be some foresight. Who is appointing managers and are there no better candidates?
Tyrone Abu!

nrico2006

Quote from: easty88 on May 29, 2024, 11:57:09 PMAs Tyrone supporters, it's very frustrating at the minute for all of us. Our lads deserve the best and it doesn't seem to be happening. We have the talent in the county to compete with anyone in Ireland over the next few years but we seem to be struggling. Our minors have underachieved in last number of years and are currently in a B competition which is embarrassing for Tyrone. Our seniors don't look to be progressing. the u20 team had great success but it seems the u20s were just such a talented group. But I think dook has to get some credit here as the same team couldn't win minor all Ireland which is easier won than an u20? I hate slating managers as they are all good enough fellas, giving their time but when is there going to be some foresight. Who is appointing managers and are there no better candidates?

But it's 2 different u20 all ireland winning teams.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tiempo

Found it notable the turnover in players between minor and U20 in recent years

Very few of the minor team who lost to Meath were playing in the recent U20 win, with a number of starters not even on the panel, in effect a very young U20 team with some only finished up at MacRory

Similar a few years ago when McHugh was MF on the winning U20 team 3 years before his final year

How is it that 17-18-19yos are significantly outnumbering 20yos on the 20s team?

Fall off between 20s and Senior is to be expected, but seems a gap between minor and 20s

There is some serious talent coming through at the moment but Senior mgmt is the big ticket item on the horizon, the right appointment is critical, no idea who would be best

thebigfullforward

Quote from: tiempo on Today at 10:13:29 AMFound it notable the turnover in players between minor and U20 in recent years

Very few of the minor team who lost to Meath were playing in the recent U20 win, with a number of starters not even on the panel, in effect a very young U20 team with some only finished up at MacRory

Similar a few years ago when McHugh was MF on the winning U20 team 3 years before his final year

How is it that 17-18-19yos are significantly outnumbering 20yos on the 20s team?

Fall off between 20s and Senior is to be expected, but seems a gap between minor and 20s

There is some serious talent coming through at the moment but Senior mgmt is the big ticket item on the horizon, the right appointment is critical, no idea who would be best
Any notable omissions that come to mind? Guessing Strain would be the main one

NotedObserver

Same team at the weekend? The team that started second half to start? Not sure what way they will go