Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 5914759 times)

WT4E

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #39165 on: October 17, 2018, 11:33:44 AM »
Will Tyrone TV Site show the game? It would not suprise me if the county board opted not to show it due to the gate money they lose. Great idea of a TV channel for oversea users.

Surely they'll have done the maths and there is more to be gained via the streaming service i.e. the ex pats £5 will accrue to more than that lost at the gate. Also they will use the viewing figures to sell advertisement for next year I am sure.

It should end up with more money I would say and they are probably keen to trial for 1 year anyway to see how it goes - they can always revert if it doesn't add up this year

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #39166 on: October 17, 2018, 11:57:07 AM »
i would say there would be reasonable interest from outside the county of people that wouldn't go to the game anyway.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #39167 on: October 17, 2018, 12:10:46 PM »
i would say there would be reasonable interest from outside the county of people that wouldn't go to the game anyway.

TG4 might show it?

SuperHo

• View Profile
« Reply #39168 on: October 17, 2018, 12:14:11 PM »
Tg4 showing the Donegal final

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #39169 on: October 17, 2018, 12:15:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure both games will be on Tyrone GAA TV but the Senior game will be deferred due to the National agreement with TG4. They're showing the Donegal final but apparently they won't give permission for Tyrone to show the game live between 2pm and 5pm.

Pmk1987

• View Profile
« Reply #39170 on: October 17, 2018, 12:17:19 PM »

I agree, surely Tyrone championship is the most competitive in Ulster if not Ireland. Hopefully whoever is the eventual winners of sundays game goes on to have a good rattle at the Ulster club. Seems its wide open now that Slaughtneil are gone!

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #39171 on: October 17, 2018, 12:24:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure both games will be on Tyrone GAA TV but the Senior game will be deferred due to the National agreement with TG4. They're showing the Donegal final but apparently they won't give permission for Tyrone to show the game live between 2pm and 5pm.

How would tg4 have the authority to do that? Not disputing your claim just curious as to how they’d have the power to do such a thing? I did check on Armagh TV and their final doesn’t throw in to 5pm so maybe it is right?

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #39172 on: October 17, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »

How would tg4 have the authority to do that? Not disputing your claim just curious as to how they’d have the power to do such a thing? I did check on Armagh TV and their final doesn’t throw in to 5pm so maybe it is right?

Apparently they have the full rights and each County needs their permission.

I think there are 3 counties from the South going through disciplinary action this week because they showed their finals live during the specified times without permission.

laceer

• View Profile
« Reply #39173 on: October 17, 2018, 12:47:21 PM »
How long do tg4 have the full rights for? I'd imagine counties will end up paying either tg4 or the GAA to show the matches on their own service.

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #39174 on: October 17, 2018, 06:22:56 PM »
Every club is thinking it could be their year.Even with Slaughneil gone some seasoned contenders left.