Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 5452017 times)

Under Lights

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #37380 on: Today at 02:30:40 PM »
That was some result for Carmen today!

Dont sound so surprised.  I was confident going into that game yesterday. We played some decent football against Omagh in a game which i felt afterwards that we left the points behind. Improved even more for Clonoe and fully deserved the points and took it to another level again yesterday totally out playing a "strong" Cappagh team. Although i do believe we are not quite at a level yet to be competing for a championship but we are heading in the right direction after a few years of negative football that was introduced by Fergal McCann. We might not have an outstanding talent on our team such as a petey Harte or Mattie Donnelly but i do believe we have one of the strongest panels in the county.  A lot of youth starting to push on now with a few of them getting game time yesterday also.

Was Fergal McCann the Carrickmore manager? Is he coaching cappagh now? Suprised he took a coaching role after managing carmen.

He was the coach at carrickmore and trained the team to play defensively. All he done imo was cost the club a fortune.  Didnt suit us at all but we have learned and are moving on.
So who was the manager? Would the manager not be dictacting the way the team is coached/set up?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #37381 on: Today at 02:34:00 PM »
Was at errigal game yesterday and have to say that the GAA as a whole is going to have to look at introducing a limit on the number of backroom staff that can be on the sideline and a technical area that they cant step out of. Edendork had 6-7 men walking out onto the pitch shouting instructions which was ridiculous looking.

Really?

Edendork have 1 manager. 1 assistant manager. 2 'mentors' and a statistician. So that's 5....at the very most. The only time all 5 were ever on the pitch at one time was HT.

Absolute non truth.
Non of them should be on the pitch at anytime though

Agreed - but I had to post that defence as it plainly did not happen.

That's that cleared up. Not 6-7 but only 5. FFS More 'managers' than Tesco's Dungannon.

You'll find this is fairly standard at any club to be honest. Hardly cause for comment. Indeed Errigal had an ex Edendork manager on their sideline yesturday along with Pascal Canavan and a few others.