Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

With regards the Omagh Dromore debate, I'm very much a neutral here and like both teams for their different styles. At times last year though Omagh looked like they would never score even though it was tight and dromore seemed to have their number. We all no what happened at the end to take them over the line and fair play to Omagh that was sheer fight and hunger.

If the games in the melting pot again though and I expect it will be I don't think Omagh will have that same hunger which Dromore undoubtedly will have this year to get over the line.

Add to that the addition of Mc Cusker and Mc Carron I think they will have the edge. Mc Cusker is a class act and his loss last year really hurt Dromore. He will be a man on a mission! Mc Carron and Mc Cusker 10 times more influential than Clarke

time ticking away

On the omagh dromore debate, Coalisland have been the most impressive team in the championship so far, closely followed by trillick. Killyclogher will fear no one. Championship is still wide open, certainly not a two horse race as some people are suggesting
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: time ticking away on June 09, 2015, 10:18:20 AM
On the omagh dromore debate, Coalisland have been the most impressive team in the championship so far, closely followed by trillick. Killyclogher will fear no one. Championship is still wide open, certainly not a two horse race as some people are suggesting
Trillick beat dungannon, don't be surprised if Greencastle beat trillick.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: redhandefender on June 09, 2015, 08:48:39 AM
With regards the Omagh Dromore debate, I'm very much a neutral here and like both teams for their different styles. At times last year though Omagh looked like they would never score even though it was tight and dromore seemed to have their number. We all no what happened at the end to take them over the line and fair play to Omagh that was sheer fight and hunger.

If the games in the melting pot again though and I expect it will be I don't think Omagh will have that same hunger which Dromore undoubtedly will have this year to get over the line.

Add to that the addition of Mc Cusker and Mc Carron I think they will have the edge. Mc Cusker is a class act and his loss last year really hurt Dromore. He will be a man on a mission! Mc Carron and Mc Cusker 10 times more influential than Clarke
Here Here

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: ose 14 on June 08, 2015, 06:36:10 PM
keyboard warrior i love your analysis re mccusker you think that was the difference in last years semi. id of thought dromores midget cornerbacks lack of legs in the middle 8 and over reliance on frees for scores were there undoing not mccuskers absence. omagh will be worried but not unduly revenge is a powerful motivator agreed but it really heped carmen. omagh by 3/4. trillick killyclogher and the island to make up the last 4 for me. whos favourites in the betting lads.
Give me a pint of whatever the f**k your on.
Ruairi sludden was Dromores only forward last year against Omagh and he near dragged them over the line, add in Mccusker (as good a club forward as there is) and McCarron (best defender Tyrone have) and they'll hammer Omagh.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: TopGael33 on June 08, 2015, 09:54:58 AM
Lee Brennan with 1-10 for trillick yesterday. Think he should be called into the senior set up, a serious player.

I'll tell the jokes about here.

Gonzalo15

Who put 50p in you goals will come, ya louse

Sunny Day

From the game on Friday night I think Omagh has come on alot since they met Dromore in last years championship.  Both teams play a completely different brand of football.  I enjoyed watching Omagh on Friday night, they defend well and their attacking play is very much structured with their runs and they keep alot of width to their game.  The only negative I have is their shot selection.  They do have a tendency to shot from ridiculous angles.  I have also seen them in 1 league game this year,  weather conditions more or less perfect and again I had to question their shot selection.  A tad more patience and a little more thought and they could improve that side of their game immensely.  Dromore on the other hand are now a hardened Championship team,  their direct running and ability to break down defences with late attacking runs particularly from their mid field and half backs is almost perfect.  There is no doubt Dromore has been strengthened with McCarron, McCusker and a more match fit Niall Sludden, they will have improved alot from their last championship game with Omagh.  Omagh has the added addition of Clarke and I think the experience that players such as Meyler, A Grugan and C McLaughlin has gained over the last number of month is invaluable.  Winning a senior championship breeds confidence in a team and in the management,  this will undoubtedly be something different from Omagh since them and Dromore last met.  Its the makings of a great game.  Its a close one to call though I think Omagh will come out on top,  would have liked to have seen both teams being better tested in their 1st round,  neither Ardbo or Carmen put it up to either team to be truthful, both being poor opposition.  Coalisland and to a lesser extent Trillick and Killyclogher gained a lot more from their victories than Dromore or Omagh did.

White Goodman

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 09, 2015, 10:57:03 AM
Quote from: ose 14 on June 08, 2015, 06:36:10 PM
keyboard warrior i love your analysis re mccusker you think that was the difference in last years semi. id of thought dromores midget cornerbacks lack of legs in the middle 8 and over reliance on frees for scores were there undoing not mccuskers absence. omagh will be worried but not unduly revenge is a powerful motivator agreed but it really heped carmen. omagh by 3/4. trillick killyclogher and the island to make up the last 4 for me. whos favourites in the betting lads.
Give me a pint of whatever the f**k your on.
Ruairi sludden was Dromores only forward last year against Omagh and he near dragged them over the line, add in Mccusker (as good a club forward as there is) and McCarron (best defender Tyrone have) and they'll hammer Omagh.

Think youve had enough pints judging by the size of that beer belly youve been sporting recently Goals_Will_Come ye tube!

winghalfback

Quote from: Club Rossa on June 09, 2015, 08:10:47 AM
Latest odds with PP

Omagh 9/4
Dromore 9/4
Coalisland 3/1
Killyclogher 6/1
Trillick 13/2
Strabane 20/1
Greencastle 20/1
Donaghmore 33/1

Killyclogher 6/1 value bet

ose 14

goals will come lazy thought processes dromore are leggy and you know it. mccullagh ricey collins o donnell ward and wee fabe to name but a few wheres the youthful legs my friend. omagh will be shaking like french soldiers at the thought of those old timers. omagh may have scored in the last min but did you consider why? the thirty plus brigade ran out of steam thats why. theres more chance of ricey getting a choc ice in gweedore than dromore getting past omagh. more worried bout trillick.

TopGael33

Quote from: ose 14 on June 09, 2015, 06:03:04 PM
goals will come lazy thought processes dromore are leggy and you know it. mccullagh ricey collins o donnell ward and wee fabe to name but a few wheres the youthful legs my friend. omagh will be shaking like french soldiers at the thought of those old timers. omagh may have scored in the last min but did you consider why? the thirty plus brigade ran out of steam thats why. theres more chance of ricey getting a choc ice in gweedore than dromore getting past omagh. more worried bout trillick.

Think you are definitely under mining the challenge of dromore. These "old timers" will definitely cause Omagh problems. There isn't a club in Ireland would easily beat Dromore in championship football.

redhandefender

OSE that is a ridiculous comment, they lost because they ran out of steam. They lost because they shoulld have pressed on and took the chance and didn't. Omagh never stopped despite some of their players throwing the head up. I cannot believe your ego has expanded that much in one year after this win.

Remember who yous are and have a bit of respect for dromore. As someone said dromore would give anyone a run for the money in championship football and will be biting at the minute. Can't believe omagh lads arrogance, did they catch some
thiing from carrickmore after putting them to the sword

Puckoon

Don't assume OSE to speak for St Endas. Pure nonsense he comes out with and rest assured few supporters and no players will be underestimating Dromore.

Legoman5

Things heating up in the Carmen camp 8)
Men fighting, men for America, men walking out of trainings,dear oh dear  :P