Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 17, 2015, 02:23:30 PM
In Derry the club champ 1st round (albeit with a backdoor) is in late July.

Plenty of clubs have lost young players, including 4 from my own. If they want to go generally they'll go. Let them enjoy it.

Our club has a cship tradition and we may at times have lost one player occasionally, we never lost that amount. The only reason is due to an early exit, I can assure you our players always stay to play championship.

time ticking away

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 17, 2015, 02:37:18 PM

Plenty of clubs have lost young players, including 4 from my own. If they want to go generally they'll go. Let them enjoy it.

Our club has a cship tradition and we may at times have lost one player occasionally, we never lost that amount. The only reason is due to an early exit, I can assure you our players always stay to play championship.
someone forgot to tell that to collie doris
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

redhandefender

Quote from: time ticking away on June 17, 2015, 03:53:00 PM

Lovely hit.

Simple fact is a hell of a lot more players have left because of the early round of the championship and who can blame them. Its effected our club game and the county squadn losing out. Its the last year of it though. Probably works when tyrone were doing really well but not anymore

longballin

No names but there have been a few county players who headed to America after Tyrone were beat and left their clubs high and dry before the championship... can think of a few, All Stars included... works both ways. 

Knock Yer Mucker In

Have you lost the ability to read or understand a post, I highlighted the bit you didn't get. To correct you further he went before the season even started, not after the championship.  :o

time ticking away

Have you lost the ability to make sense

time ticking away

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 17, 2015, 09:36:07 PM

. The only reason is due to an early exit, I can assure you our players always stay to play championship.

Have you lost the ability to read or understand a post, I highlighted the bit you didn't get. To correct you further he went before the season even started, not after the championship.  :o
Have you been on the sauce

Club boi

So Mc Namee has also left to go to the States. Early Club Championship exit to blame surely!!

Mc Guigan was spot on in his Gaelic Life Article. Any you read it??

time ticking away

Quote from: Club boi on June 17, 2015, 11:19:46 PM
So Mc Namee has also left to go to the States. Early Club Championship exit to blame surely!!

Are you serious ??

tiempo

Quote from: Club boi on June 17, 2015, 11:19:46 PM

So McNamee was using Tyrones NFL and Championship campaign to get in shape for Aghyarans tilt at the Intermediate Championship?

Disappointing to see lads dropping out, especially those who currently hold a starting jersey and after all the winter training and playing through the muck n shite of mckenna cup/league

Legoman5

Cant blame the lad for wanting to go, Jst because he's a top Gaa player doesnt mean he shud be tied down to stay wile lots off other boys head abroad to Oz/NZ/USA etc
He'd prob be lyin up on a beach in Oz if it wasnt for his Gaa committments anyway so fair play to him for havin a 3 month holiday! And no doubt he's got a wee fone call with a tempting promise of a wee brown envelope with id say well over 10k in it anyway!!

blackball

Quote from: Legoman5 on June 18, 2015, 08:21:27 AM
Cant blame the lad for wanting to go, Jst because he's a top Gaa player doesnt mean he shud be tied down to stay wile lots off other boys head abroad to Oz/NZ/USA etc
He'd prob be lyin up on a beach in Oz if it wasnt for his Gaa committments anyway so fair play to him for havin a 3 month holiday! And no doubt he's got a wee fone call with a tempting promise of a wee brown envelope with id say well over 10k in it anyway!!

over 10k?? I seriously doubt that.  I think that  these sums of money that players are supposed to be getting for going to the states are getting blown out of proportion! Flights a job and maybe a couple of thousand dollars when they get there. maybe someone like Canavan back in the day would be getting that kind of cash.

Legoman5

Well wasnt it well publicised that Mark McHugh got 20k for goin to NYC last yr so I dont see why the Tyrone full back wud get anything less than half of that..
Mugsy playin in Abu Dhabi r Qatar r one of those places this summer, well looked after aswel im sure $$$$$$$$

youhavenofans

Quote from: blackball on June 18, 2015, 10:05:58 AM
Quote from: Legoman5 on June 18, 2015, 08:21:27 AM

over 10k?? I seriously doubt that.  I think that  these sums of money that players are supposed to be getting for going to the states are getting blown out of proportion! Flights a job and maybe a couple of thousand dollars when they get there. maybe someone like Canavan back in the day would be getting that kind of cash.

heard last night from aghyran man, 12k

redhandefender