The Official Glasgow Rangers UEFA Cup Final Thread

Started by Minder, May 02, 2008, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Main Street

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 03:28:07 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 16, 2008, 12:32:06 PMYour subjective idea of Celtic shít  is someone in a celtic shirt singing a rebel song.
and saying that that is the other side of the same coin

When the fcuk did I say that?
you said this
You wrote
"Two sides of the same shitty coin, always have been and always will be a minority in both Celtic and Rangers support who are scum"

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7653.msg292199#msg292199

Rav67

Hooligans not wearing their team's colours -  is this supposed to be a new development?

tintin25

Quote from: Donagh on May 16, 2008, 03:31:53 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2008, 03:29:53 PM
1st picture, left hand side. Is that Kevin McGourty?

Well spotted!

Boy on the other side looks like Sean Cavanagh.... :-\

SammyG

Quote from: Main Street on May 16, 2008, 03:36:28 PM
Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 03:28:07 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 16, 2008, 12:32:06 PMYour subjective idea of Celtic shít  is someone in a celtic shirt singing a rebel song.
and saying that that is the other side of the same coin

When the fcuk did I say that?

Oh right, I didn't say it, you're just making up shite as usual. I should have realised, would have saved me asking.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2008, 03:29:53 PM
1st picture, left hand side. Is that Kevin McGourty?

Aye it is before he stopped using Clearasil.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Sammy the Bigot wrote in reference to riots by rangers fans at the UEFA final

"Two sides of the same shitty coin, always have been and always will be a minority in both Celtic and Rangers support who are scum"

Cannot possibly be interpreted any other way.

T Fearon

Interesting to see Rangers blaming "Northern Irish accents" for the trouble. Terry Venables, England's manager at the time, did likewise after the trouble at Lansdowne in 1995.

Shows how much real brits value their wannabe compatriots from the six counties

SammyG

Quote from: Main Street on May 16, 2008, 03:45:22 PM

You don't need to 'interpret' it, it's a statement. If detesting all hooligans makes you a bigot, then I suppose I must be a bigot then.

nifan

Quote from: T Fearon on May 16, 2008, 03:50:19 PM
Interesting to see Rangers blaming "Northern Irish accents" for the trouble. Terry Venables, England's manager at the time, did likewise after the trouble at Lansdowne in 1995.

Shows how much real brits value their wannabe compatriots from the six counties

In this case I would say there is much more chance that boyos from NI where involved than on the previous occasion.

AZOffaly

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 03:56:29 PM

You don't need to 'interpret' it, it's a statement. If detesting all hooligans makes you a bigot, then I suppose I must be a bigot then.

Sammy. Define 'hooligan' from your perspective. What I witnessed on various news and video clips from Wednesday evening was certainly hooliganism in my eyes, but I haven't seen Celtic fans engaging in the same behaviour.

Is singing 'ooh ahh up the 'Ra' hooligan behaviour in your eyes? I'm not stirring, because I really don't care about either Glasgow team to be honest. But I can't see that they both bear comparison in the 'hooligan' stakes.

SammyG

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 16, 2008, 04:01:25 PM

Sammy. Define 'hooligan' from your perspective. What I witnessed on various news and video clips from Wednesday evening was certainly hooliganism in my eyes, but I haven't seen Celtic fans engaging in the same behaviour.

Is singing 'ooh ahh up the 'Ra' hooligan behaviour in your eyes? I'm not stirring, because I really don't care about either Glasgow team to be honest. But I can't see that they both bear comparison in the 'hooligan' stakes.

No I talking about 'real' hooliganism. Fighting, throwing bottles, attacking peelers etc. Do a search on Youtube for Celtic and hooligans and you'll find pages of them.

And for the umpteenth time I Only mentioned Celtic in response to Tony's post.

AZOffaly

I know when you mentioned Celtic, and why. I don't care about your frequent spats with Tony et al. about the merits of NI/Celtic/Rangers/ROI etc etc. I was just curious because I genuinely haven't heard about hooliganism and Celtic.

If you say there are examples of that, then fair enough. I'm not aware of them, and hadn't heard about them. Certainly not on the scale of Wednesday night.

Main Street

Its obvious bigotry
When you say,  the flip side of Rangers Hooligans are Celtic Hooligans in a reply on the Manchester riots,
then you make a comparison between between Rangers hooligans in Manchester and Celtic Hooligans.

As we know Celtic Hooligans are virtually non existent to foreign clubs and foreign police forces, in fact Celtic Fans have received the highest praise from all, the highest praise means none higher.

How can those Celtic Fans become the flip side of your same shitty coin as the disgraced Ranger Hooligans?

behind the wire

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 04:05:30 PM

No I talking about 'real' hooliganism. Fighting, throwing bottles, attacking peelers etc. Do a search on Youtube for Celtic and hooligans and you'll find pages of them.

right sammy. we have asked you a couple of times for evidence of this hooligan behaviour and all you can come up with are videos of celtic supporters signing loudly, albeit songs that could very well be regarded as provocative. but i can never remember hearing about any celtic supporters attacking police/paramedics. hope to see your links soon. after all you always like to see the proof.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest